Work Shy On Benefits

Christmas Tree

Lets just start by getting out the way that of course there are lots of people who need and should be entitled to benefits. This is not about them. :)

This is about the growing underclass who are quite happy to never work and live on handouts yet still manage to smoke, drink have sky etc etc.

Anyway, the other day I over heard someone saying that the way to sort this was too simply make sure that instead of just giving them lumps of cash, they should instead have their money dedicated to the resource its meant to cover.

IE. Some sort of credit card that could be used to buy groceries, but not alcohol and fags or used at the bookies.

Obviously it would need a bit of working through, but surely this would encourage a greater percentage to get out and find work. I appreciate jobs still need to be found but this is more towards the motivation to work / study etc.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets just start by getting out the way that of course there are lots of people who need and should be entitled to benefits. This is not about them. :)

This is about the growing underclass who are quite happy to never work and live on handouts yet still manage to smoke, drink have sky etc etc.

Anyway, the other day I over heard someone saying that the way to sort this was too simply make sure that instead of just giving them lumps of cash, they should instead have their money dedicated to the resource its meant to cover.

IE. Some sort of credit card that could be used to buy groceries, but not alcohol and fags or used at the bookies.

Obviously it would need a bit of working through, but surely this would encourage a greater percentage to get out and find work. I appreciate jobs still need to be found but this is more towards the motivation to work / study etc.

I don't think that is a bad idea, but people would say it's a bit communist at the same time. People should be made to prove they are looking for work or have it taken away.

Would you employ a charver? Even in times if high employment, the answer would surely be no. Many aren't fit to shovel shit.

Funny you should post that, CT as just the other day I sent this letter to the Daily Mail on this very subject;

Dear Editor,

As an outraged British tax payer I'm quite frankly outraged that my hard earned money has been spent not on some poor cunt who just wants a packet of tabs and a pint, but on some aristocrat's very rich Solicitor going to France on an expensive jolly just so the Toff and his bit of fluff who have their feelings hurt by a picture of her cute little tits can say 'and do not do it again' to some French communist photographer who needs the coin to keep his Mistress in La Rochelle happy. Compare and contrast the Solicitors fees to a packet of Lambert & Butler. Who exactly is ripping off who?

Yours in disgust,

Thomas Farquaher,

The Walkers

Newcastle on Tyne

Northumberland

Give those who don't want work a grocery only credit card will work fine for the short term coffers of the Government, yet the long term effects on those who want that to happen, plus the long term effects on the Governments budget will far outweigh the cost of implementing something like this.

How?

Because those who don't want to work, yet have their luxuries took away, will steal from the very people who thought it was a good idea to make them do without the small luxuries like smoking and a few drinks e.t.c...to actually pay for those.

This will then inevitably lead to prison, which is full anyway, yet they can smoke in prison and have the luxuries that they wouldn't have outside.

If anyone cares to look at the cost of keeping a prisoner in prison for just one year against what pitiful amounts are paid to claimants, people will see that it is no luxury existence at all and is infact a dire existence.

Those that have the luxuries are the ones that fiddling or drug dealing/running e.t.c.

Those with alcohol problems, get aid in that, so how fucked up is the system to start with.

I've signed on a few times in my life and it's no picnic, infact it's soul destroying and looking for work is all well and good but finding any sustainable work is virtually fruitless for many.

The one's that have no intention of working are very clever at playing the system and will immediately start acting...feigning breakdowns, psychological problems, down to physical problems and in many cases, shoplifting, burglary, muggings, you name it, it will spiral out of control if their pittance is took away from them.

Anyone who hasn't sampled being on the dole will not understand any of this but will understand it all massively if it ever happens to them...and trust me...very few jobs are safe these days no matter what it is.

Old news.

I still like my idea that a certain amount of benefits should be paid in 'food stamps'. Not physical stamps but into an account with a debit card that you cannot use to buy unnecessary items such as tobacco, alcohol or confectionery and also can't be used to pay for things like Sky.

Trouble is this despicable 'workshy' tag that gets thrown around all the time by papers and Tories with vested interests. The caveat about any 'workshy' statement not meaning those genuine people is just lame and doesn't make those out of work feel any better about, lets be honest, a shit time in anyones life. How about David fucking Cameron standing up at PM's questions and having a pop at the 'Tax-shy' alongside the likes of the Mail? How many millions get filtered away from this government by business?

Two wrongs and all that HMHM.

I was looking at this as a way of changing the motivation of the real work shy. Not from a Daily Mail "every unemployed person is a scroungers etc".

Of course jobs need to be there etc but there still needs to be a carrot to motivate the real work shy.

Personally I still favour some sort of non military national service as well.

Crack heads would just sell their food stamps for 80% of face value and get jizzed off their spleen anyway.....but they wouldn't have the other 20% to get what little food they already allocate a bit of their dole to.

Some would say thats a good thing, making being an addict easier is idiotic policy.

Trouble is this despicable 'workshy' tag that gets thrown around all the time by papers and Tories with vested interests. The caveat about any 'workshy' statement not meaning those genuine people is just lame and doesn't make those out of work feel any better about, lets be honest, a shit time in anyones life. How about David fucking Cameron standing up at PM's questions and having a pop at the 'Tax-shy' alongside the likes of the Mail? How many millions get filtered away from this government by business?

Estimated 3 trillion pounds in Swiss alone.

1. Capitalism isn't about full employment its about a flexible labour market.

They were against the minimum wage and full of doom and gloom but I can't remember it destroying Britain, they were all for casualisation of the workforce but 'flexibility' was just an excuse to pay people a lower wage, finish workers on a whim and deny them holiday entitlement, pensions bonuses etc all of which became an entitlement through Europe and not through a benign government. They want to make it easier for companies to get rid of employees. Easier!!! How easier does it have to be? Do you notice a pattern with these wankers? Workshy statements is an old Tory favourite ad they may be far more PR savvy these days than the likes of Tebbitt and his Mistress but they're cut from the same cloth.

They were against the minimum wage and full of doom and gloom but I can't remember it destroying Britain, they were all for casualisation of the workforce but 'flexibility' was just an excuse to pay people a lower wage, finish workers on a whim and deny them holiday entitlement, pensions bonuses etc all of which became an entitlement through Europe and not through a benign government. They want to make it easier for companies to get rid of employees. Easier!!! How easier does it have to be? Do you notice a pattern with these wankers? Workshy statements is an old Tory favourite ad they may be far more PR savvy these days than the likes of Tebbitt and his Mistress but they're cut from the same cloth.

Agree with all of that.

But untill the workshy get guns nothing will change. :D