Wolfy's belief system

Guest RockyRoad

:lol:

So you're saying that because we cannot leave this planet, it is impossible to gauge the distance of objects that are not on this planet? That doesn't stand up to the most basic of scrutiny. I don't understand how you can so fervently believe something that is so flimsy? It makes no sense and for one as you who rates common sense above all else, I'd have thought that incongruous

There lies the problem. Your common sense tells you they know the distances to planets based on trigonometry and triangulation and such, yet where planets are concerned, they don't know the size, they cannot measure the distance like they can measure distances on Earth.

You are reading their calculations and going by them, so you immediately accept what they say but it's all guesswork.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There lies the problem. Your common sense tells you they know the distances to planets based on trigonometry and triangulation and such, yet where planets are concerned, they don't know the size, they cannot measure the distance like they can measure distances on Earth.

You are reading their calculations and going by them, so you immediately accept what they say but it's all guesswork.

What has the size of the planet got to do with triangulation?

I've never said the size of any object had to do with triangulation.

Why are you lying?

Now, what has size got to do with triangulation?

Answer the question about size please.

I don't need to answer the question about size. I explained about the size and distance of something with the ball and you judging that distance. I didn't mention triangulation for it.

I don't need to answer the question about size. I explained about the size and distance of something with the ball and you judging that distance. I didn't mention triangulation for it.

Do you understand how distance from two points can be measured using the triangulation method?

Do you understand how distance from two points can be measured using the triangulation method?

Of course I do , on Earth.

It means jack shit where the planets and star distances are concerned on a so called spinning Earth.

Of course I do , on Earth.

It means jack shit where the planets and star distances are concerned on a so called spinning Earth.

What has distance got to do with the basic premise?

What has distance got to do with the basic premise?

The distance has a lot to do with what I'm talking about when it concerns planets and stars and the distances we are told they are in space.

My argument is, they are simply best guessing and have no clue because there is no way the distance can be measured for ANY planet or moon for that matter.

That's not an argument, that's a statement. An argument needs more depth to it.

the concept of triangulation needs not take into account distance.

._.

.________.

._____________________________________________________________.

exactly the same formula is used to ascertain the distances for each of these triangles and if I could draw a triangle between two points on Earth and the Moon, the same formula would be exactly the same.

That's not an argument, that's a statement. An argument needs more depth to it.

the concept of triangulation needs not take into account distance.

._.

.________.

._____________________________________________________________.

exactly the same formula is used to ascertain the distances for each of these triangles and if I could draw a triangle between two points on Earth and the Moon, the same formula would be exactly the same.

The operative word you used is "IF"

I just enjoy pointing out how little you know, especially when you contradict yourself as quickly and as brazenly as you have done today.

I enjoy laughing at you when you try and point out stuff that's basically wrong.

I enjoy laughing at you when you try and point out stuff that's basically wrong.

See, the problem is, if you're the only person facing the world laughing, it's safe to say that your laughter is maniacal, rather than the laughter of a man "in the know".