Wolfy's belief system

Guest RockyRoad

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was left of his head after that?

What Wolfy said. I remember seeing the autopsy pictures years ago (morbid fascination I think) and from one angle everything is perfectly intact. However, from the other..

He isnt new, its Alex.

Also: "The mind can fight diseases" - There is actually a good case to be made for this.

I'm of the belief that we hold the key to many diseases by simply using our minds.

I'm not saying we are capable of curing everything but I believe we are capable of fighting many diseases by channelling positive energy.

I think we have all seen what happens when someone is told they have a terminal disease and are given a short period of time to live.

Most are so shocked, they basically give in, they just accept what they are told and go with it which usually ends in a rapid deterioration in their health.

Those who believe they can conquer it actually (in many cases) last for many years and in some cases, actually cure themselves by positive thoughts and strong will to survive.

I've seen it all first hand on both sides and that was enough to convince me that it's legit.

It's not just about belief in your own mind, it can also be about a belief in God, if people are into that belief. For instance, many people go to Lourdes and various other places of healing or even faith healers.

No whether that stuff actually works ( very much doubt it) it does work in one way and that's the power to make them believe it can help them and in many cases it does because , like a placebo, it makes them think it's all beneficial.

I'm going on like an old Nana here like but I have just got in from the dole and I'm now sat comfortable in my brown Y fronts with a yellow ( once white) Y on them. :aye:

Terminal cancer is curable by the power of thought? You know that's canny offensive, it really is. I'll just tell my aunt then to cheer up because the doctors don't know what they're talking about shall I?

Terminal cancer is curable by the power of thought? You know that's canny offensive, it really is. I'll just tell my aunt then to cheer up because the doctors don't know what they're talking about shall I?

Who said Doctors don't know what they're talking about?

You said doctors diagnose people with terminal illnesses and it's the shock of the diagnosis, not the disease, that kills them. A positive attitude is all that's required in some instances. Either the doctors don't know what they're talking about or they're maliciously facilitating the death of patients.

I was in cancer research for ten years. I can categorically the power of the mind has no effect whatsoever on cancer. To believe it does is dangerous and frankly insulting.

You said doctors diagnose people with terminal illnesses and it's the shock of the diagnosis, not the disease, that kills them. A positive attitude is all that's required in some instances. Either the doctors don't know what they're talking about or they're maliciously facilitating the death of patients.

I was in cancer research for ten years. I can categorically the power of the mind has no effect whatsoever on cancer. To believe it does is dangerous and frankly insulting.

You always have to try and twist things don't you..what's the matter with you.

I said when a doctor tells a patient they have a terminal disease or even a treatable disease, some people take it badly and simply give up, accelerating their demise and some channel a very positive outlook to it and survive in some instances long after a doctor has given them a time frame.

I've seen it first hand, so I know what I'm talking about.

The prognosis of cancer patients isn't an exact science wolfy. Doctors are usually pressurised into giving approximate time lines by the patients ('how long have I got left'). It's a mean average guess, some die sooner and others later. One thing is for certain, it's treatment, not a positive attitude, that's key. Don't worry, much more clever people than you, for instance Steve Jobs, have fallen victim to this kind of pseudoscience.

Guys, seriously, can we *please* move him onto a different area? Space has been done to death, and this positive energy stuff is pointless to be exploring any further as it really is just a belief, something that even scientists can't really disprove (just like they can't disprove God exists). It's eminently mockable and thus worhty of an entry on the list, but pressing him to discuss it further isn't going to lead to any funnier revelations. But there must be tons more stuff out there that he both believes and is also proveably batshit insane using GCSE level science/common sense/real world observation, that isn't yet on the list.

Why don't you start a thread then if it's bothering you that much.

How do I know what the other topics are that you don't agree with the rest of the world on? Apart from the obvious answer - everything you can't lick, or anything ever printed in a book.

But you are going on about the topics I'm involved in and moaning that they're done to death, yet they're maybe done to death for you and others but not everyone.

If they bore you don't open them, or if you want a bit of fun at my expense, then start a topic that you think I might contribute to, then you can have a few digs and shout, " look at me lads and lasses, I'm mocking Wolfy and making him feel and look stupid"

Let's see what you've got Rocky baby. ;)

You've got me all wrong Wolfy. Think of me as just an observer, my aim is not to make you feel stupid, just to concisely document the reasons why, if we were to assume (as it seems you want us to) you were a normal human of average intelligence, that you should probably feel stupid. I don't mind if people want to carry on asking you about space, all I'm saying is that we've well and truly exhausted the potential there as far as I can see. Besides, starting a topic for the sole purpose of making you look stupid would be cruel, and I don't like being cruel Wolfy.

Well that's good, because your're shit at it. :razz:

For an observer, you certainly have a lot to say, so why not channel that energy into actually putting some input into the topic, instead of trying to make out you are superior.

Don't try and do a psychologists report on me as it will only end up winding you up in the end, then you will call me a wind up merchant and eventually start crying and whining like a little girl. :D

I wouldn't expend any energy into any of your actual topics Wolfy, just like I wouldn't start engaging with a monkey on equal terms, if I discovered it had suddenly gained the ability to interact with humans on the internet. As long as I was certain the monkey was in a secure facility and otherwise having all its earthly needs being met, as I think you probably have in your facility, then I would proceed strictly as an observer with a mind to ascertaining as much information about what it thinks, just like I do with you. Granted the difference is that the observations from yourself are being collated purely for amusement and public protection lest you escape, whereas in the monkey example there would be more lofty scientific reasons for the task.

Ok mate, to me , you seem a bit of a bore to be honest and your contribution is ....well to be honest, a bit too focused on me, so what I'm going to do, is do you a favour, I'm going to put you on ignore because other wise it will be simply tit for tat shite which benefits no one.

From this post on, don't respond to me because it's a waste of your typing.

I love you Wolfy. If only I had been there when the flutes were handed out.

I once bought a little flute and thought I could play it, you know what lads are like when they get a little instrument. Anyway, I thought I was doing well until I was told I was tone deaf.

I could have sworn I played a decent part of the opening riverdance theme, perfectly. :)