Hamburg

Dr Gloom

http://www.residenta...r.net/dj/djkoze

http://www.residenta...w.aspx?id=12680

House, electronic and pop. Nice spread of hijinks. He comes on around 12ish...

The venue is a roof club set on top of an old WW2 bunker. :lol: Huge bloody fing.

https://www.google.d...iw=1067&bih=536

The ubahn is feldstrasse. 5min from the center. Tube runs all night sat.

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers Parky, the local knowledge is massively appreciated. the stag party is this weekend and below is a rough plan of action. what do you reckon? on the right path? any must do things i've missed out? and where's a good boozer to watch the derby on sunday given we're a large group of lads staying in st pauli district....? i was thinking a decent irish bar with plenty of big screens or something along those lines...

Friday

- check in at hotel in St Pauli district

- Pub lunch then head to the Reeperbahn for a seedy pub crawl ending up in one of the many late night bars or clubs off the main street.

Saturday

late morning - off to St Pauli to pick up the football tickets then a few pre-match beers at the Jolly Rodger near the ground.

1pm - Watch the match

mid afternoon - off to the beach bar StrandPauli for a few post match beers

late afternoon - head to the Schanzenviertel district for a more trendy, less seedy pub crawl.

10-11 head to Uebel & Gefahrlich to see Koze

2-3- head to the golden pudel

4.30-6am - fishmarket for drinks, breakfast and watching the sun come up over the harbour.

Sunday

as much sleep as can manage then off for a greasy spoon then to a sports pub/irish bar to watch newcastle hammer another nail in the mackems' coffin.

early evening - flight back to blighty in a hungover k hole of self loathing

cheers Parky, the local knowledge is massively appreciated. the stag party is this weekend and below is a rough plan of action. what do you reckon? on the right path? any must do things i've missed out? and where's a good boozer to watch the derby on sunday given we're a large group of lads staying in st pauli district....? i was thinking a decent irish bar with plenty of big screens or something along those lines...

Friday

- check in at hotel in St Pauli district

- Pub lunch then head to the Reeperbahn for a seedy pub crawl ending up in one of the many late night bars or clubs off the main street.

Saturday

late morning - off to St Pauli to pick up the football tickets then a few pre-match beers at the Jolly Rodger near the ground.

1pm - Watch the match

mid afternoon - off to the beach bar StrandPauli for a few post match beers

late afternoon - head to the Schanzenviertel district for a more trendy, less seedy pub crawl.

10-11 head to Uebel & Gefahrlich to see Koze

2-3- head to the golden pudel

4.30-6am - fishmarket for drinks, breakfast and watching the sun come up over the harbour.

Sunday

as much sleep as can manage then off for a greasy spoon then to a sports pub/irish bar to watch newcastle hammer another nail in the mackems' coffin.

early evening - flight back to blighty in a hungover k hole of self loathing

Looks good. Don't get to Ubel too late as there will be a queue - he's very popular here. Last year my friends were standing outside for an hour cause they got there at 11-12.

This has been a really useful thread actually as me and a few mates have been thinking of going to a St. Pauli game at some point in the near future. :)

Any tips for in and around the reeperbahn?

Greetings from Hamburg

Nothing much on my part, it's the Reeperbahn after all - one tends to end up there after being somewhere else first. :D Rosi's Bar on Hamburger Berg (north side) and the London Pub on Hans-Albers-Platz (south side, near Herbertstraße where the girls in the windows are) always used to be fine for a drink in a grubby bar kind of way. But as always, bear in mind my knowledge is 5+ years old... that's probably the neck of the woods you want to be in for a daytime/early evening drink anyway.

And there's always the Thomas Read Irish Pub by Reeperbahn S-Bahn station (bottom end of Große Freiheit) if you must.

so, back in the office feeling suitably awful after a weekend of savagery.

hamburg is a first class stag do location. The beer is tasty and cheap, the bars and clubs are lively, the reeperbahn is exactly as you'd excpect - bouncing at night but seedy and smelly by day. i can't recommend a trip to see st pauli enough. coolest football club ever.

hamburg however isn't an easy city to navigate and it took its toll on several of our party. one lad passed out one night fully dressed and pissed himself so badly that he broke his iphone that was still in his pocket - it even had a salty watermark on the screen. he also only took one pair of jeans with him so had to wear the soiled pair fort he entire final day.

one lad fell asleep in a brothel (i have no idea how you do that) and "lost" his phone and wallet.

and while the first couple of days were lots of fun, day three felt like forced jolity in places with the crushing home defeat the icing on the cake. i was the only geordie in the party and another lad was a mackem so there was lots of ribbing. couldn't get home quickly enough at the end.

anyway, to sum up. a quality weekend, but a bit of a struggle by the end of day 3. i feel every one of my 35 years old this morning. powers of recovery are fading.

Poodle is a bit sweaty and studenty...Music is good tho.

I'd go to China Lounge for really eclectic electronicy stuff and a more 'interesting spread' of a crowd. Might be shit now ain't been there for a couple of years... :lol:

http://www.china-hamburg.de/

This is where I go about once a month...lot of birds fly in from all over the place if the dj is right.

http://uebelundgefaehrlich.com/

we left it too late for koze in the end. got there at 11 and it wasn't open yet. went and had a beer over the road, came back and the queue went around the block. shame. a few of us ended up in the golden pudel. it was empty when we rocked in at 12.30 and didn't get going until about 1.30. good little club but we didn't make the fishmarket in the end. shame, as it sounds quality, but the all day and all night boozing had taken its toll and we didn't have a 8 am finish in our veteran legs.

hamburg however isn't an easy city to navigate and it took its toll on several of our party. one lad passed out one night fully dressed and pissed himself so badly that he broke his iphone that was still in his pocket - it even had a salty watermark on the screen. he also only took one pair of jeans with him so had to wear the soiled pair fort he entire final day.

:lol: Sounds like he'd have struggled to navigate from his bedroom to the bathroom, never mind the mean streets of a foreign city.

• 4 months later...

Survived my date with Hamburg stag-do destiny relatively unscathed. Discovered a few highly recommendable places for food and drink along the way, in case anyone comes back to this thread for tips in the future. :good: Was a good laugh, anyway, but I can see how Gloomy's mate got throughly knacked by the place, the carnage on the Reeperbahn at 5am makes the Bigg Market look like a gathering of erudite Open University lecturers. :cantlook:

Survived my date with Hamburg stag-do destiny relatively unscathed. Discovered a few highly recommendable places for food and drink along the way, in case anyone comes back to this thread for tips in the future. :good: Was a good laugh, anyway, but I can see how Gloomy's mate got throughly knacked by the place, the carnage on the Reeperbahn at 5am makes the Bigg Market look like a gathering of erudite Open University lecturers. :cantlook:

you can drop a few hundred euros down that way in the blink of an eye and not remember till your bank won't let you withdraw any more money the next day. europe's sin city basically.