The 'Celeb' Big Brother thread

peasepud

PROFITS from some of the voting on the Channel 4 series Celebrity Big Brother will go to a Palestinian charity declared a terrorist organisation by the US Government.

George Galloway, MP, has chosen the charity, Interpal, to benefit from text votes generated in his name during the three-week series. Interpal is one of the largest Muslim-led charities in Europe and funds humanitarian, educational and medical projects in the Palestinian territories. The Charity Commission in Britain said that it had found no evidence of Interpal links to terrorism.

Last August President Bush announced that America would block the bank account of Interpal, which has its headquarters in London, over alleged links with the militant group Hamas. The action was taken in response to a Hamas suicide attack that killed 20 passengers on a bus in Jerusalem. The US authorities declared Interpal a “Specially Designated Global Terrorist” and a conduit through which other organisations could fund Hamas activities. The British Charity Commission froze Interpal’s assets four days later before it investigated the claim.

The US had failed to provide any evidence to back its accusations, the commission said. Israeli prosecutors claimed that funds donated by Interpal to help the Palestinian poor were unwittingly diverted to fund terror and support the families of suicide bombers.

Last November the charity was named on the charge sheet of a prosecution against a Hamas activist from the West Bank. He was remanded in custody, charged with distributing £6.2 million to support terrorist activities.

Interpal, which spends about £5 million a year, says that it keeps exhaustive records and audit trails of how its Palestinian partners spend money.

Last month the Board of Deputies of British Jews apologised to Interpal for calling it a terrorist organisation and reached an out-of-court libel settlement. Interpal is seeking a meeting with US Treasury officials in an effort to have the charity’s name taken off the list of suspected organisations.

Mr Galloway released a statement about Interpal which read: “Every smear against them has fallen away and the truth about their work amongst some of the most oppressed people on the Earth has prevailed.”

Channel 4 said that it had no reason to question Interpal’s suitability because it was a registered charity.

Link

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 and 3 quarters, actually!

75729[/snapback]

The Secret Diary of Brock Manson

75731[/snapback]

Don't worry, it'll certainly hear about what's been going on in this thread :gay:

:lol:

75760[/snapback]

Dear diary :lol:

75729[/snapback]

75731[/snapback]

Don't worry, it'll certainly hear about what's been going on in this thread :blush:

75760[/snapback]

Dear diary :gay:

75761[/snapback]

The slaphead, the yank and morph were being mean :lol:

75729[/snapback]

75731[/snapback]

Don't worry, it'll certainly hear about what's been going on in this thread :blush:

75760[/snapback]

Dear diary :blush:

75761[/snapback]

The slaphead, the yank and morph were being mean :gay:

75762[/snapback]

I'll say one thing for Pete Burns - at least he has put his money where his mouth is

75816[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

75914[/snapback]

and two gallons of collogen.

I think you'll find thats "collAgen "....

75920[/snapback]

Collogen's a far superior product. :lol:

75923[/snapback]

As opposed to common or garden arse fat :lol:

Edited by Radgina

and two gallons of collogen.

75918[/snapback]

I think you'll find thats "collAgen "....

75920[/snapback]

Thankfully I'm not familiar with the product :lol:

The only one that would get it is the Baywatch woman.

All the rest are horrid.  :)

75600[/snapback]

Of course, Brock....

You'd kick 'em all out of bed, wouldn't you? :lol:

75660[/snapback]

Are you kidding? He's all of what, 15, 16 at the most? He'd be shaking and wetting himself I bet. <_<<_<:lol:

75664[/snapback]

<_< 17 in april actually.

Don't make fun of our west-country expressions now :gay: Aye I would kick em out of bed :blush:

75670[/snapback]

He wouldn't know what to do with them tbh :lol:

75675[/snapback]

Oi :blush:

75677[/snapback]

Bet he'd make them a fried egg sarnie tho. Reckon that's about all.

75680[/snapback]

More likely to make them a stomach omellette due to the excitement of getting his hole

:rolleyes:

Wouldn't mind if somebody asks her to sing her greatest hit...

And there was a contradiction there, no? She's not allowed to impersonate a celebrity, yet the band she is the supposed singer of exists?

75602[/snapback]

She's a glamour model. Jodie Marsh is a glamour model. Surely Jodie should have been given the same challenge?

By the way, only quoted you because you were the last one to mention her, before you ask :lol:

Jodie Marsh is so fucking ugly it's not even funny. How is this woman earning a wage for having her photo taken? And before anyone says "her tits", I'm pretty sure you could find a better looking lass than that if the only requirement is tits.

Jodie Marsh is so fucking ugly it's not even funny.  How is this woman earning a wage for having her photo taken?  And before anyone says "her tits", I'm pretty sure you could find a better looking lass than that if the only requirement is tits.

76195[/snapback]

I prefer yours tbh.

Fantastic TV.......Jodie Marsh crying underneath her tan mask and Big Den telling her to get her "shit" together...you could't write it !!! :lol:

76160[/snapback]

She needs to stop whingeing about how badly done to she is. She doesn't seem to be able to make the connection between the fact that she desperately courts the media and looks and acts like a complete slapper and the fact that she gets derogotary things written about her. If it wasn't for the media love, you wouldn't be in there.

Pete Burns was pathetic yesterday bleating on the diary room about how he was shaking and nervous because he's "never unpacked my own suitcase before and I don't even know what's in there!" :lol:

Fantastic TV.......Jodie Marsh crying underneath her tan mask and Big Den telling her to get her "shit" together...you could't write it !!! :lol:

76160[/snapback]

She needs to stop whingeing about how badly done to she is. She doesn't seem to be able to make the connection between the fact that she desperately courts the media and looks and acts like a complete slapper and the fact that she gets derogotary things written about her. If it wasn't for the media love, you wouldn't be in there.

Pete Burns was pathetic yesterday bleating on the diary room about how he was shaking and nervous because he's "never unpacked my own suitcase before and I don't even know what's in there!" :lol:

76199[/snapback]

She just wants to be "liked".....maybe she should stop getting her droopy tits out and wearing a "belt" as a top..

Pete's "man" does everything for him apparently...wonder if thats why he spends an hour in the bathroom trying to figure out how to wipe his arse!! :lol:

76160[/snapback]

76199[/snapback]

That bloke is fucking grotesque. And why is he constantly putting bright red lipstick on top of lipstick on top of lipstick? Look mate if there's one thing you don't need to do, it's draw attention to the fucking car crash that is your gob.

Jodie Marsh is so fucking ugly it's not even funny.  How is this woman earning a wage for having her photo taken?  And before anyone says "her tits", I'm pretty sure you could find a better looking lass than that if the only requirement is tits.

76195[/snapback]

I prefer yours tbh.

76197[/snapback]

You should see me in my "peephole Pringle". Does my body offend you?

76195[/snapback]

I should be a millionaire then !!! :lol: