World Cup Qualifiers

CleeToonFan

Have you sen some of the fuckin clangers Forster has made this season alone?...2 v Hibs in a game where he cost Celtic 2 points on his own. He was probably going to be first choice for us lasty season but threw one into the net v Leeds. Ruddy is light years in front of him on ability and experiance iyam. Butland is a queer one, but Ruddy is the the "form" English keeper in the prem so deserves to be in. I'm aware he makes mistakes too, but they are the exception rather than the rule...

i'm not saying he should be #1, but fact is Ruddy and Butland make the squad ahead of him, he should be in the squad before the two of them imo

Butland was playing for cheltenham last year for instance and made your euro squad, that's a bit of a joke in forsters case like.

Forster isn't a good keeper, which is why he plays for Celtic rather than Newcastle. Putting Butland there is a better option as he may develop Forster won't be far from his peak soon.

Ruddy has been playing OK in the league, and I'd certainly even now regard Robinson as a better keeper, also Carson, Ben Foster, and Green.

Forster isn't a good keeper, which is why he plays for Celtic rather than Newcastle. Putting Butland there is a better option as he may develop Forster won't be far from his peak soon.

Ruddy has been playing OK in the league, and I'd certainly even now regard Robinson as a better keeper, also Carson, Ben Foster, and Green.

I'm glad you've said this as I thought I was the only one. I went to a few reserve games where Forster was playing and thought he looked ropey as fuck but everyone else was telling me he was class. From what I've seen, he looks very average indeed. Hey, the Champions League might up his game..he'll certainly be facing enough shots.