Who is the most underrated player in the PL?

Lake Bells tits

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony Hibbit of Everton has always impressed me.Steady defender so nothing like Simpson.

Hes the Shola Ameobi of Everton....been around for eons so now a much loved cult figure, but ultimately he's not been very good at any point of his career.

Osman of Everton is really underrated for me. He's not as good as some of the players mentioned in this thread but he just never seems to get a mention at all while regularly putting in players who are far more highly rated than him to shame.

Great player but as I said before he doesn't get mentioned because he plays for Everton. I don't know why but they never get a mention, they're there but no-one cares and they get overlooked so often, which makes a mockery of their claim to be "big". There's just not enough interest in the club, they've had loads of good players who barely get a mention. Tim Cahill if he had played for Tottenham or us, would've had your top clubs in Europe after him at his peak, but Everton just slip under the radar, probably lots of reasons why tbh.

Great player but as I said before he doesn't get mentioned because he plays for Everton. I don't know why but they never get a mention, they're there but no-one cares and they get overlooked so often, which makes a mockery of their claim to be "big". There's just not enough interest in the club, they've had loads of good players who barely get a mention. Tim Cahill if he had played for Tottenham or us, would've had your top clubs in Europe after him at his peak, but Everton just slip under the radar, probably lots of reasons why tbh.

Never rated Cahill, even at his peak. A cuntier Kevin Nolan basically.

I've always thought Morrison looks like he has something about him at West Brom. Maybe should get more plaudits. I think it's difficult to find an underrated player in the PL as the press jump on anyone who has a half decent game..things such as giving MOTM awards to someone who has scored an important goal but done fuck all else.

Overrated therefore is easier, although I'm going to stick my neck out;

Jack Wiltshire.

I'm not saying the kid is shite, far from it, but he's massively overrated ('the saviour of English football' ffs)

Osman of Everton is really underrated for me. He's not as good as some of the players mentioned in this thread but he just never seems to get a mention at all while regularly putting in players who are far more highly rated than him to shame.

Pienaar even more so. Even though spuds bought him it was more like twitchy Harry knew how important he was to the scouse mackems, so he bought him to rot in the stiffs.

As for Cahill, 2J he's better than Nolan could ever hope to be but for some reason has a thing about playing for teams in blue!

Plus he's a cunt, but he's an aussie cunt so leave out.

I've always thought Morrison looks like he has something about him at West Brom. Maybe should get more plaudits. I think it's difficult to find an underrated player in the PL as the press jump on anyone who has a half decent game..things such as giving MOTM awards to someone who has scored an important goal but done fuck all else.

Overrated therefore is easier, although I'm going to stick my neck out;

Jack Wiltshire.

I'm not saying the kid is shite, far from it, but he's massively overrated ('the saviour of English football' ffs)

I am hearing you about Wilshire.

The kid hasnt played because of injury for god knows how long now and the Gooners and the media are still wnaking over him.

Other than toon players I'd say this bloke here:

447px-Ali_Al_Habsi_portrait%2C_Wigan_Athletic_v_Birmingham%2C_19_March_2011.jpg

Nee one ever mentions him, he's the busiest goalkeeper in the division and he makes them points every single season. Athletic, good positionally, and he's one of the few keepers who saves shots others wouldn't. There was one the other week against Stoke, from a deflected free kick a lot of keepers would've let in.

Aye that's a great call, was thinking the same thing myself after the Stoke game.

Pienaar even more so. Even though spuds bought him it was more like twitchy Harry knew how important he was to the scouse mackems, so he bought him to rot in the stiffs.

I suspect you're crediting Redknapp with too much (i.e. any) footballing intelligence. Spurs's loss, either way.

Underrated, i'd agree with the osman shout, I also think with the right players around him Franco Di Santo is gonna be pretty decent this year.

Overrated people like Milner and Gareth Barry, but the one that takes the cake is Theo fucking Walcott, if he didn't have pace I wouldn't even pick him for my Sunday team

Underrated, i'd agree with the osman shout, I also think with the right players around him Franco Di Santo is gonna be pretty decent this year.

Overrated people like Milner and Gareth Barry, but the one that takes the cake is Theo fucking Walcott, if he didn't have pace I wouldn't even pick him for my Sunday team

While watching the England match last night I was thinking about Milner being overrated. He really is very little more than extremely hard working. His delivery has never improved since he was here. How he plays so often for England without getting slated is beyond me.

Danny Simpson.

^ This.

Also would agree with the Vorm shout.

Here are a few others:

Russell Martin

Steven Taylor.

Sessegnon (to an extent - when he is on his game, he is fantastic to watch even as a mackem. Reckon that if Redknapp hadn't got the sack then he'd have gone to tottenham.)

Distin. Turned into a pretty reliable defender.

Nathan Dyer.

Abou Diaby.

Guthrie.

Barton as a player is/was great on his day at what he did too.

That Raheem Sterling looks a cracking prospect too. Not sure if he is 'underrated' like, but I reckon he could turn into a brilliant player.

Also, while we are on the subject even though he has left - I know I might get some stick for this but Kuyt I always thought deserved a bit more credit that he actually got (at least outside of the red side of liverpool).

Over rated players:

Phil Jones