Where will we finish

JawD

Where then?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So thats it, the window is closed and after perhaps some bitter disappointment it now time to reflect, be glad we didn't "sell our best players" and take stock of what we have. We know we have a good first team and I think we are gambling, perhaps with odds poorly stacked, that we wont have crucial injuries or players going off to the ACoN. Having already lost R Taylor who picked up vital goals last season and having not replaced out back up forwards we will be turning more to the young blood, also perhaps pushing wide players into a forward role.

More concern is perhaps at the back where choices are more limited. The loss of Colo or S Taylor would be a huge blow and the full backs are "ok" at best. But, we done well last season and Pardew had stated that our priority will be the league. Perhaps we don't all agree with this as I know I would love to see us win a cup but being realistic, the league is where the money is and cups are where dreams are. So if we keep our players fit for the league, play fringe players in the cups, where do you expect we can finish?

I look at who I think will finish above us. Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea are nailed on. I honestly then think we are in a group of Spurs and Arsenal. Everton look strong but I remain unconvinced with Liverpool. I do think the squad will be stretched. I blindly think we will add a player in January. So Im going 6th but we really need to start finding our feet sharpish after an average start performance wise.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Liverpool are good enough to finish above us. Fulham, Everton and Swansea have strengthened well though. I think Spurs have bought well, but have lost big players too. They'll be trying a new style of play this season as well which could take time to bed in.

Priority is to sort out the weak links in getting the ball from midfield to attack.

Bit of keeganesque scoring more than them would help.

So far not getting the most from Cabaye and most attacks coming down the right.

Address these areas and we will do fine.

I don't think Liverpool are good enough to finish above us. Fulham, Everton and Swansea have strengthened well though. I think Spurs have bought well, but have lost big players too. They'll be trying a new style of play this season as well which could take time to bed in.

Rodgers has fucked up/got fucked this window. :lol: Spurs are a little worse off imo + they have the AVB factor: Think the fans will turn on him and his style - too much pressing and mostly one in the box. Swansea and Fulham have had a good and thoughful window with a gameplan.

Edited by Park Life

Before a ball was kicked last season I predicted 6th the highest of anyone on here. This season because of the fattest most disgusting cunt of a chairman anyone has ever known, I'm predicting 12th at best. We needed two or three players as a matter of urgency, there's literally no back up worthy of the name in certain positions, and it's going to bite us on the arse big time. 10th-14th. I'll say 12th. If we don't beat Villa on Sunday there'll be a major down turn in public feeling already. He's a fat bastard. All hail King Mike for not selling any players. Wanks.

Are people mentioning Swansea and Fulham based on their early season form?

Fulham have lost their 2 best players in the last few days and while Swansea have added a few decent players I don't see it as a reason for them to challenge for any better than mid table.

I think Everton are more likely to finish above us than Liverpool this year, they look a lot stronger (again, keep forgetting they finished above them last season).

So many variables with new managers at Chelsea, Spurs an Liverpool that it's hard to say really. I'll go for 7th.

I have one prediction though: The people who are most adamant that last season was lucky and we overstretched to reach 5th, will be the same people who are the most critical when we finish lower this season

I think the big favour Everton have against us this year is the fact our squad is going to be vastly overstretched by playing in Europe whereas there's isn't. Especially when you look at the qualifiers it's too soon to be playing a lot of our youngsters so we will be relying on our big players more often than not. I'm more than happy for Pardew to freshen things up, but it's going to be a big ask of our squad due to the extra travelling and fixtures.

Or on the other hand didn't we have a cracking record in one of our seasons under Bobby after playing in Europe?

I think the big favour Everton have against us this year is the fact our squad is going to be vastly overstretched by playing in Europe whereas there's isn't. Especially when you look at the qualifiers it's too soon to be playing a lot of our youngsters so we will be relying on our big players more often than not. I'm more than happy for Pardew to freshen things up, but it's going to be a big ask of our squad due to the extra travelling and fixtures.

Or on the other hand didn't we have a cracking record in one of our seasons under Bobby after playing in Europe?

Everton look on it. I can see them edging Arsenal out of 4th (Giroud my ass!!). One of Spurs or Liv are gonna have a proper calamity this term....:lol:

Everton looks far fitter than us due to having returned to training earlier and avoiding the holocaust of a preseason we had.

I think we will be fighting it out with fulham, sunderland and swansea over a 8-10th spot.

The pre-season was focussed on getting the admin used to booking flights on the internets or summink...:D

Pardews statement last night was quite telling tbh - "I dont think there will be any more ins and outs, but with this club you never know "

Think that is as far as Pardew dares go tbh in terms of slagging the board.

I am pissed - but its not pardews fault. He has absolutely zero say over anything re: transfers

I've gone 10th because not improving the squad is an absolute disgrace and epitomises Ashley at his worst. DEals were not done for the sake of fucking pennies. Even losing an important squad player on the last day made no diference to the fucking idiots.

As I've said many, many times any season when Shola Ameobi is first choice or just outside as he is now and will be in January is a complete fucking write-off.