Notting Hill Carnival

Christmas Tree

Ignorant questions.

Is it worth going? Biggest Street Party in Europe. Worth having a look at.

Are White people frowned upon? No

Is it far from Trafalgar Square? 30 minutes on the tube from Charing Cross

Do I need a steel drum? No

Is it dangerous? Can be if you've not got your head screwed on.

Depends where you go, if you want to go to the Good Times sound system (the atmosphere around the bus is utterly mental) then there are more drugs and therefore dealers around. If you stay on the main route there are loads of police and it tends to be safer. Gangs of kids can kick up a fuss but it's usually amongst themselves.

Sunday is children's day and is usually the better of the two days.

Depends where you go, if you want to go to the Good Times sound system (the atmosphere around the bus is utterly mental) then there are more drugs and therefore dealers around. If you stay on the main route there are loads of police and it tends to be safer. Gangs of kids can kick up a fuss but it's usually amongst themselves.

Sunday is children's day and is usually the better of the two days.

Cheers Chez. Considering having a look up with the women but can't be arsed with daytime rowdiness.

Hoping for a bit of Jamaican chicken and a bit reggae but no twats.

Edited by Christmas Tree

On the main route there is usually no trouble, very unlikely to come across any. The procession starts in the morning so you can go around 10.30 with the kids, jerk chicken rice and pea for lunch and leave in the afternoon. I'd recommend it, you'll be surprised how broad the age range is.

Chez's got it right, Sunday would be the best day to go and it's best to go early.

With regards the danger, there can be groups of kids being dicks, but don't wander round all wide-eyed and naive and you'll be fine. It's like when my mam worries I'll get mugged because I live near Brixton. I probably would have if I took shortcuts through dodgy estates, or staggered home drunk at 4 am instead of getting a cab. Be sensible and you're fine

Didn't go (you twats) :lol:

Breakfast in the park opposite the Savoy, hired bikes and rode to Tower of London via ST Pauls. Boat from the tower to the eye followed by a trip to see Dave C.

Opposite number 10 a load of hotties were holding up banners saying Breast Equality and about to unleash their baps. We were dragged away by our wives.

Few beers in a really nice pub in Soho called spice of life ? And then back to Leicester Sq to Fioris for a nice kebab.

Popped in and straight back out of the National Gallery and then taxi to Lings Cross.

On train, knackered.

Didn't go (you twats) :lol:

Breakfast in the park opposite the Savoy, hired bikes and rode to Tower of London via ST Pauls. Boat from the tower to the eye followed by a trip to see Dave C.

Opposite number 10 a load of hotties were holding up banners saying Breast Equality and about to unleash their baps. We were dragged away by our wives.

Few beers in a really nice pub in Soho called spice of life ? And then back to Leicester Sq to Fioris for a nice kebab.

Popped in and straight back out of the National Gallery and then taxi to Lings Cross.

On train, knackered.

Sounds like you had a top weekend. Love trips to London, I'm in Edinburgh at the minute which I like even more.

Sounds like you had a top weekend. Love trips to London, I'm in Edinburgh at the minute which I like even more.

Great weekend. I love the cosmopolitan feel and love the fact that there's a world famous exciting "something" around every corner.

Only ever really did Edinburgh 20 years ago and can't remember there been a great deal there. What have you been doing?

Chilling out. Last day of the fringe tomorrow. With a child so seeing the pandas at the zoo tomorrow. Edinburghs so close you should give it another go. Especially if you can dump the kids. Pubs here are fantastic as are the restaurants. As expensive as London though.