Chelsea v Newcastle United

Park Life

Chelsea-v-Newcastle-Unite-001.jpg

Roberto Di Matteo has claimed John Terry is out of Chelsea's home clash against Newcastle.

The Blues boss revealed today that his captain is struggling with a neck injury and joins the likes of former Werder Bremen midfielder Marko Marin on the sidelines.

Di Matteo said; "We have a few players with little niggly injuries from the last game.

"Marin is still not going to be avaiable and JT is struggling for tomorrow as well he has a neck inj from Weds. So he might not be available for tomorrow. He will be out."

"Yeah it's a blow, he's a great leader on our team and it's a big loss for us."

David Luiz is expected to be fit after sitting out the 4-2 victory over Reading in midweek.

Otherwise, Chelsea are at full strength, and young Brazilian Lucas Piazon is on the bench.

Provisional squad: Cech, Ferreira, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole, Bertrand, Mikel, Meireles, Malouda, Lampard, Ramires, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Piazon, Torres, Sturridge, Turnbull.

Think it will be 2-1 or 1-1

Need Collo to start and a 433.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite everyone saying how happy they are with the transfer window in the other thread, personally I have to say it's very disappointing to be 6 days away from the window closing with exactly the same starting 11 as we finished last season with.

CabayeAye 2 – 2 –

ShearerAndSpeed 1 – 1 –

TheDimpleboy 0 – 1 –

south_cheshire_toon 1 – 1 –

Barney 1 – 1 –

Meenzer 3 – 1 –

ULSTER MAG 2 – 1 –

MrBass 3 – 1 –

Park Life 2 – 1 –

Baggio 2 – 2 –

nortoon 0 – 0 –

Dr. Richard Kimble 3 – 0 –

RockApe 2 – 2 –

Happy Face 2 – 0 –

Lawro 2 – 0 –

OTF 1 – 1 –

aimaad22 2 – 1 –

peasepud 1 – 1 –

ADP 1 – 2 –

sweetleftpeg 0 – 0 –

sniffer 3 – 1 –

rikko 2 – 1 –

wykikitoon 1 – 1 –

CleeToonFan 3 – 2 –

Nyff 1 – 2 –

McFaul 1 – 1 –

Toon_Man 1 – 2 –

MattM4 2 – 0 –

JawD 1 – 1 –

NYD 1 – 1 –

The Fish 2 – 1 –

ToonMarshy 1 – 2 –

StoneColdStephenIreland 2 – 0 –

Ant 2 – 1 –

StevenL 2 – 0 –

porto 2 – 1 –

angrysteve 2 – 2 –

themags 1 – 2 –

Besty 1 – 2 –

TicTacWoe 1 – 0

Despite everyone saying how happy they are with the transfer window in the other thread, personally I have to say it's very disappointing to be 6 days away from the window closing with exactly the same starting 11 as we finished last season with.

Really?

I think having the same 11 now as last season is very positive - the only thing I'd change is swapping Simpson for the likes of Debuchy.

That and someone to displace Steven Taylor.

Centre back was a must imo. Not looking forward to seeing Williamson back once Taylor gets injured again.

We'll really need Colo for this one, hope he makes it. We'll need a magic moment or two again from someone to take anything from this. Jonas will have a vital role again in keeping Mata/Hazard in check. For all the complaints about Jonas the man is absolutely vital, at least in games like these. One of those players that dont look like setting the world on fire when they are playing yet you miss them dearly when they are not.

Really?

I think having the same 11 now as last season is very positive - the only thing I'd change is swapping Simpson for the likes of Debuchy.

Not losing anyone is alright but finishing 5th and not building on such a season at all in terms of getting bodies in is an opportunity missed.

We are not a 13th placed side anymore and shouldnt be content with "losing noone". Wigan we are not :)

Not losing anyone is alright but finishing 5th and not building on such a season at all in terms of getting bodies in is an opportunity missed.

We are not a 13th placed side anymore and shouldnt be content with "losing noone". Wigan we are not :)

Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in the country and they've lost their better players for a few years now, Spurs also look like losing VDV and Modric.

The fact is we've got some quality players that could get into a better team than ours so keeping them is a positive, especially as people have predicted mass sales for the last few windows.

Centre back was a must imo. Not looking forward to seeing Williamson back once Taylor gets injured again.

We'll really need Colo for this one, hope he makes it. We'll need a magic moment or two again from someone to take anything from this. Jonas will have a vital role again in keeping Mata/Hazard in check. For all the complaints about Jonas the man is absolutely vital, at least in games like these. One of those players that dont look like setting the world on fire when they are playing yet you miss them dearly when they are not.

Williamson isn't that bad although we need to upgrade on both, I seem to remember reading we had conceded less on average with Williamson playing rather than Taylor going into the last 4 games of the season. Not sure how accurate that stat is as I haven't bothered looking myself.

Williamson looks a bit chunkier this year. Terry being out is a big one, I don't rate Luiz at all. HBA will have a field day if he gets enough ball. Hazard seems to pick up a lot of freekicks and pens, someone needs to get into him early doors (a big welcome to the PL).

Edited by Park Life

Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in the country and they've lost their better players for a few years now, Spurs also look like losing VDV and Modric.

The fact is we've got some quality players that could get into a better team than ours so keeping them is a positive, especially as people have predicted mass sales for the last few windows.

Agree with that Baggio, but Arsenal have also been shopping a bit. Podolski, Cazorla, Giroud etc.. Remains to be seen how it all pans out but they squad looks better in broad terms this year even though they lost their spearhead.

Arsenal started off incredibly bad last season ( werent they like 15 points behind us after 10 rounds or something).

Still finished on 70 points.

Im a bit disappointed we are still relying on williamson and simpson. Spending 10 million would rectifiy those issues.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Agree with that Baggio, but Arsenal have also been shopping a bit. Podolski, Cazorla, Giroud etc.. Remains to be seen how it all pans out but they squad looks better in broad terms this year even though they lost their spearhead.

Arsenal started off incredibly bad last season ( werent they like 15 points behind us after 10 rounds or something).

Still finished on 70 points.

Im a bit disappointed we are still relying on williamson and simpson. Spending 10 million would rectifiy those issues.

Will be surprised if Giroud gets more than 10 goals. Podolski is quality ghosting in from the left. Don't know enough about Carzola.

Really?

Plus you have to take the context of the last few seasons into account. The last time we had built a half decent team Ashley sold 4 out our 5 best players (Barton/Nolan/Enrique/Carroll). In hindsight this was obviously a good move but there was a niggling fear that any of Ba, Tiote, Krul, Cabaye and Coloccini were going to be sold on for a big profit in an attempt to repeat the trick.

With the shite we have managed to move off the wage bill, a ready made 1st teamer bought in Anita, Marveaux and Taylor back to fitness and 3 or 4 decent young uns coming through in Campbell, Bigi and Amilfitano, I'm pretty chuffed with the window. I wouldn't rule out any of Carroll, Debuchy, Pieters or Douglas coming in yet too.

Will be surprised if Giroud gets more than 10 goals. Podolski is quality ghosting in from the left. Don't know enough about Carzola.

TBF he's average nearly a goal every other game at his last 3 clubs. Even better than that last season too.

How do you see the top 6 panning out? and why?

• Harvz: City, Chelsea,Manure,Arsenal,Newcastle,Sp*rs/L*verpool. Just a feeling.
  • GJH: Assuming Di Matteo and the club have more of a focus on doing well in the league this season. Manchester,Arsenal/Chelsea,Newcastle,Liverpool/Spurs, Although I fully expect that prediction to be wrong, Villas-Boas is the most significant change here imo. He talks as if he has learned very little and continues to favour one whole half of football at the expense of the other.
  • Chedaki: Man C, Chelsea,Man Utd,Arse,Newcastle,Spurs. Pretty self-explanatory, The usual suspects up the top. And no matter what happens, Arsenal are always close come the end of the season.

Cant stop drooling at the fact that chelsea fans regard us as "nailed on top 6- selfexplanatory really". Also Liverpool not being mentioned by the last guy :lol:

We have the players to give Chelsea a game as we know but the reality is, it's who turns up on the day in the right frame of mind. I think we go into this game a lot more confident than we have done in past seasons because each player believes in each others abilities to do a job.

Hard work is the key and closing Chelsea down every time they have the ball and not letting them get into any stride. The other key is for us to not waste possession cheaply either as we will be punished.

I think it will be a cracking game and I'm taking Newcastle to come out on top.

My head says Chelsea 1 Newcastle 2

My heart says Chelsea 1 Newcastle 4

Positive? You bet your tight little succulent arses I am lads.

Williamson isn't that bad although we need to upgrade on both, I seem to remember reading we had conceded less on average with Williamson playing rather than Taylor going into the last 4 games of the season. Not sure how accurate that stat is as I haven't bothered looking myself.

Could be true but it wouldn't be solely down to him anyway.He is slow and gives away needless freekicks that so often end up costing you. Decent enough player for backup no doubt he did a job for us last season but we really really need a proper CB as Williamson will end up being our starting CB for a good portion of the season considering Taylor's injury record.

I think we will get rinced by hazard. Hoping torres delivers another stinker though. The cunt is useless

I just dont get whats happened to him. At his best at Liverpool, there was not a more dangerous striker in the world in my opinion. He had everything. Change of club, city etc can be unsettling I know but such a drastic performance drop is just mind boggling. The guy must have personal problems or something.

Fancy us to get something here ya know. I dont know why, just a feeling. 1-1 or 2-1 to us.

------------------Krul

Simpson Saylor Coloccini Santon

---Ben Arfa Cabaye Anita* Jonas

---------------Ba Cisse

* If Tiote isnt fit. If he is i'd imagine Tiote will start. Anita on for Jonas in the second half and switching to 4231.

Ba and Cisse to score.

We've replaced the most significant player we've lost, Guthrie a player who managed about ten good premiership games in four years, with a Dutch international and one of the top performers from Ajax, Anita. The other players who have left you wouldn't even want on the bench and we've brought some young lads who might well progress.

We've got HBA & Cisse from the start this season and Taylor is back from injury (remember how good our defence was last season with him in it!).

In those terms we look significantly stronger than last season to me. Yes I would still love to see Debuchy here as I think he could make a significant difference to us but any other additions would likely only be squad improvements rather massive additions to the starting eleven.

We'd all love for Ashley to think right lets have a right go at this and spend big to have a right go at the top but we know this isn't going to happen. If you live with reality then you have to be pretty happy.