from a rangers fan

eljacko

Aye there's plenty of Ulster-Scots from that way sound like that, Brendan Rodgers being one of them. Years ago many of them would've rowed across the Irish Sea for church then rowed back again the same evening. In certain places you'll get street signs written in Ulster-Scots. All part of their heritage.

What 13 miles?!?! Must be a lot of people with Redgrave as a surname. 13 miles?! I rowed across Leazes Park last year (200 yards) and was fucked.

Can't agree.

We're a decent set of fans, but so are most clubs' supporters. I know loads of lads who are fans of other clubs and the crack is the same regardless - even with mackems!

We're all football fans. Every club has its diehards, its fair-weather fans and its complete knob-heads. There are enough knob-heads in SJP every week.

Sure, there might be a few more of us than at other clubs, but we also have very little competition. There's not much else going on up here, and other than the mackems, there isn't another PL club within the best part of 150 miles around.

Seems I was a bit harsh on eljacko last night. ;)

Was kind of meant as a joke but I can't stand any old firm connotations between us. Reading their message board last month reinforced my viewpoint on gers fans. Absolutely vile people on that board, 10 times worse than SMB even.

Guest CabayeAye

I don't know how you can prefer one to the other. Celtic act as if they have no sectarian fans, and continually promote how well behaved and how righteous their support is when fucking nothing could be further from the truth, while Rangers half acknowledge they're cunts. Massively insignificant football clubs who barely register on any radar. For me its like saying who do you prefer Harold Shipman or Myra Hindley. Rangers would be Shipman though.

It's the bit where Celtic fans chant about how great the IRA are and how shit my country (Britain) is that really annoys me. It's a club that exists purely in support of Irish Nationalism, which wouldn't be a problem whatsoever - if they were an Irish club. But they're Scottish for fuck's sake, which was part of the UK the last time I checked.

Again, I don't have anything against Irish nationalism, but when a British club cheers on the terrorist element of it, I think that is unacceptable, TBH.

It's the bit where Celtic fans chant about how great the IRA are and how shit my country (Britain) is that really annoys me. It's a club that exists purely in support of Irish Nationalism, which wouldn't be a problem whatsoever - if they were an Irish club. But they're Scottish for fuck's sake, which was part of the UK the last time I checked.

Again, I don't have anything against Irish nationalism, but when a British club cheers on the terrorist element of it, I think that is unacceptable, TBH.

Do Rangers not cheer on 'their' paramilitaries? Or is that OK because they're supporting Queen and country? Both as bad as each other tbh.

Guest CabayeAye

Do Rangers not cheer on 'their' paramilitaries? Or is that OK because they're supporting Queen and country? Both as bad as each other tbh.

Last time I checked, Unionists weren't murdering innocent people. Dissident Republicans still do.

One bunch of terrorists is much the same as another. Both sides are still involved in murderous activities, it's daft to pretend one is superior to the other but If it makes you feel better go ahead.

And as far as the actual clubs go, at least Celtic haven't been cheating and stealing from HMRC for the past decade. Which is bad enough but it's the rangers fans arrogance regarding the situation I cant stand.

Edited by Renton

One bunch of terrorists is much the same as another. Both sides are still involved in murderous activities, it's daft to pretend one is superior to the other but If it makes you feel better go ahead.

And as far as the actual clubs go, at least Celtic haven't been cheating and stealing from HMRC for the past decade. Which is bad enough but it's the rangers fans arrogance regarding the situation I cant stand.

Except Celtic have admitted using at least one EBT as well.

So we have cheated too then.

No, EBT's are not illegal especially if taxes relating to them are paid, Rangers as well as using the EBT's as a hidden double contract also paid no tax or vat for about 12 months (and avoided tax via the way they used EBT's for at least 10 years)

Edited by Toonpack

No, EBT's are not illegal especially if taxes relating to them are paid, Rangers as well as using the EBT's as a hidden double contract also paid no tax or vat for about 12 months (and avoided tax via the way they used EBT's for at least 10 years)

I thought ebt's were all about dodging tax thats why Arsenal settled with hmrc out of court.

They're about delaying the payment of tax (avoiding paying it now).

At the time, they were permitted, but there was some uncertainty over it. NUFC ended up paying a few million to settle their bill with the Revenue, but it was all above board and transparent. The problem with Rangers was they'd done it to such an extent (and they were otherwise buggered, cash-wise) that they couldn't afford to pay any of it back.

Ulster Scots is a pile of wank

What do you mean? This cunt didn't sound proper Northern Irish, and Weldy said they all talk like that up there and he was probably catholic based on where he was from. All very amicable though :)