Pardew to be charged

BigAl

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a touchline ban of 2 games is about right, I know he's OUR manager but what he did was stupid and petulant, what would happen to one of us if we pushed our employer or teacher in a hissy fit?

It was a stupid push and he should be punished. However, he went and apologised straight away to the lino and then publicly to the press. He actually did something that a lot of managers could learn from, he 100% admitted being at fault and even called himself a hypocrite having preached to his players about behaving and respect. The way the press are making it out however, he actually went into the ref's room afterwards to finish the lino off with a well placed headbut then went out to face the press wafting his wang about asking who wanted a piece of him. Or something.

Because a lot of them really dislike Pardew.

Do they? I hope we're not turning into Liverpool fans, playing the victim!

I know there was a bit of a storm kicked up after that alleged affair with some bloke connected with West Ham (can't remember the details, but he went over to New York, showered her with gifts and then showered her with spunk), but I can't believe they'd link that.

2 games is a pretty fair ban - I expected 3.

Do they? I hope we're not turning into Liverpool fans, playing the victim!

I know there was a bit of a storm kicked up after that alleged affair with some bloke connected with West Ham (can't remember the details, but he went over to New York, showered her with gifts and then showered her with spunk), but I can't believe they'd link that.

2 games is a pretty fair ban - I expected 3.

Aye, I was wary of that scouse charge like!

I agree though, 2 game ban, take it on the chin as he appears to be doing, move on.

I thought the affair thing was at Southampton? I just get the impression that a lot of people in the media dislike him for one reason or another. Here is a wiki list of Pardew's 'controversies':

So far in his career, Pardew has been involved in several controversial issues and events. In 2003, the BBC described him as being a "dangerous and distant animal" in the media, referring to his public relations abilities, which has led him to making several rash comments.[40] When at West Ham, the club employed a media advisor for Pardew to help him win over sceptical fans.[1] The following is a list of controversies Pardew has been involved in:

• In September 2003, Pardew resigned from Reading after being refused permission to become manager at West Ham. Reading's chairman John Madejski attempted to create an injunction in the High Court to prevent him from moving to West Ham. Eventually Reading's legal action was dropped, and Pardew joined West Ham after a period of gardening leave.[6]
  • In December 2005, Pardew stated a public interest in Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson, without informing Palace manager Iain Dowie.[41]
  • In March 2006, Pardew had a dispute with Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger, after he criticised Arsenal for failing to field an English player in their UEFA Champions League win against Real Madrid.[42] Wenger suggested that Pardew was being xenophobic,[43] a claim Pardew denied, citing his marriage to a Swedish wife.[44]
  • In November 2006, Pardew had another dispute with Wenger after celebrating West Ham's win over Arsenal.[45] Wenger claimed he was provoked into pushing Pardew after Pardew's celebrations at West Ham's late win.[46] Wenger was later fined by the Football Association,[47] whilst Pardew was cleared of the charges in January 2007.[48]
  • In February 2007, shortly before Pardew's new club Charlton faced West Ham, The Sun published a report documenting a video of one of Pardew's media training sessions he took whilst manager at West Ham. In the video, Pardew jokingly made several disparaging comments about West Ham's fans.[49]
  • In October 2007, Pardew intervened on the pitch in a match against Hull City to try to break up a confrontation between Charlton and Hull players after Lloyd Sam and Ian Ashbeewere sent-off. Pardew denied he made the situation worse by intervening.[50]
  • In March 2009, on Match of the Day 2 Pardew stated that Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien "absolutely rapes" Man City player Ched Evans during a midfield tussle for the ball, in the sense that he bested him physically.[51] The BBC said there will be no on-air apology, despite 35 viewer complaints, insisting it had been misheard as "rakes".[52]

It was a stupid push and he should be punished. However, he went and apologised straight away to the lino and then publicly to the press. He actually did something that a lot of managers could learn from, he 100% admitted being at fault and even called himself a hypocrite having preached to his players about behaving and respect. The way the press are making it out however, he actually went into the ref's room afterwards to finish the lino off with a well placed headbut then went out to face the press wafting his wang about asking who wanted a piece of him. Or something.

:lol:

Strange irony that he was talking about Ched Evans being raped...

To be honest, Pardew deserves a one game ban but that's it. He made a mistake in the heat of the moment and apologised for it and accepted (without protest) being sent to the stands.

Obviously it's horses for courses as to the severity of any ban is dished out but Pardew's has to be at the low end of the scale.

Too much gets made out of things like this when common sense has to prevail, with those at the top realising that rationality does tend to take a dip when the pressure of a game and the points at stake are on the agenda and also, they should look at the mistake that created the reaction.

As far as I'm concerned, there's a marked difference to what Pardew done as to , say, a manager lambasting a ref because he blew the final whistle 15 seconds after time added on or something like that.

He got physical with a ref though, you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. You dont touch the ref.

I accept he got physical but it was only a small push and in the heat of the moment where his adrenalin will have added a bit more to the push than was expected .

If something big gets made of this, then managers will become supporters on match days as there won't be any on the touchline.

Are you really arguing the force of the shove :lol: Lets not turn into Liverpool i.e Negrito = friendly greeting in Uruguyaian.

He made a bad decision touching the ref, even though he probably realised that the moment it happend.

You need to set a predecent regarding this matter and that is that pushing the ref in any matter will get you a ban.

He said sorry and thats all well, but he will get a ban and rightly so.

i think the mackems are up in arms about this, on a day when their fans disgraced themselves on the train back from Arsenal (what is it about that lot & public transport?), as they're aware that Pardew has the capacity to put O'Neill flat on his arse with a glance, never mind a blow in October.

mind on derby day, as i've said before, i'm fearful at least 1 Newcastle fan will die at the hands of a gang of psychopathic, hate-fuelled mackems, who will be praised on their messageboards no doubt

Are you really arguing the force of the shove :lol: Lets not turn into Liverpool i.e Negrito = friendly greeting in Uruguyaian.

He made a bad decision touching the ref, even though he probably realised that the moment it happend.

You need to set a predecent regarding this matter and that is that pushing the ref in any matter will get you a ban.

He said sorry and thats all well, but he will get a ban and rightly so.

Well I think the force of the shove should be taken into account when analysing stuff like this. I mean if he'd pushed the assistant over, I could understand it being frowned upon with a bigger ban, I'm just saying, a ban is far enough but only a game ban, it doesn't warrant anything bigger I don't think.

Well I think the force of the shove should be taken into account when analysing stuff like this. I mean if he'd pushed the assistant over, I could understand it being frowned upon with a bigger ban, I'm just saying, a ban is far enough but only a game ban, it doesn't warrant anything bigger I don't think.

He could have pushed him harder - yes. He could also not have pushed him at all.

If he did toss him over the ban would have been harsher for sure, but it didnt look good and anything between 1 and 3 games is spot on imo.

Guest CabayeAye

Probably counts as rape in Sweden.

Only if your an egotistical, lefty, Al Qaeda supporting, hypocritical cunt.