Team spirit and the characters of our players

Tooj

Just saw that today at the training ground lunch is a Burundi themed day in honour of Bigirimana.

uwxkyi.jpg

I know we've done some of these things in the past like having the Argentina themed day for Colo and Jonas etc, but I just think it's brilliant that the club goes to this level now to make everybody feel at home, and a large part of our resurgence is now the characters and positive atmosphere we now have in the dressing room.

Everybody seems to be pulling in the same direction and Pardew deserves a lot of credit for that. Of course he has carried on Hughton's work, but he's took that to the next level and there was some big egos in the dressing room with the so-called players committee.

Plus it appears now a large part of our recruitment process involves delving into a players character as well so we don't end up with a lot of mercenaries that we've had in the past who are just here for the money.

Long may it continue I say.

That's a disgrace tbh. Comic Sans MS, really?

I thought it was banned shortly after WWII?

It's a fine point though, we have had a strong team spirit the last couple of years - with the more boisterous older players being moved on it seems to now be more neutral and less cliquey which is good. A lot of assumptions there - but the on-field performance and off-field snippets back them up.

Weren't half the squad calling the other half worse than muck last week for not travelling to Cardiff?

Might be way off, not followed much this summer at all, can't believe there's a proper game tomorrow. \o/