Kevin Pietersen

Dr Gloom

shame that england look like losing their best batsman just because he can't bring himself to say sorry. sounds like he's a sort of anelka/billy no mates type in the dressing room.

it seems daft that the matter can't be resolved when you're talking about losing your best batter. but it seems he's that much of a tit that the rest of the team aren't that bothered if he walks.

best is subjective. but i reckon he's a got a good case. he's the player in our batting order that other teams fear the most, and it's his wicket that opposition bowlers prize most. we don't have another batsman as destructive when he gets it right. or with the ability to manipulate the field and take the game away from the opposition as quickly. clearly a knob jockey of a man. but in my opinion, the hardest player to replace.

His autobiography is one of the few I've read where I've gone from liking someone to thinking they're a prick by the end of it. It's full of incidents like this, how he keeps falling out with people (most of them important people who helped him along the way) but he just can't understand why. He pretty much implies that everyone is just jealous of his talent. He's a fantastic talent, but it's all about him. Grade A prick. Still wish he was playing though.

He slagged off the capatain and the coach to memebers of the opposistion, a country in which he happens to come from.

He basically wanted to knock 50 over games on the head so he could go to the IPL and earn a fortune. He was told he had to retire from all forms of the shortened game, not just one-dayers but 20-20 as well. He didnt like that and has behaved like a prize winning arsehole since. He's a narcissitic ego maniac who is about as good for dressing room morale as rampant crotch-rot. Bell and Cook are better bats iyam and Bairstow who has replaced him for this test looks very talented as well. Doubt if he'll get back in, quite right too, he gets himself out far too often to be considered truly world class.

Edited by PaddockLad

It's a shame but this has been coming for quite some time. Not been a popular man in the dressing room for a long while by all accounts. Been very badly advised and I think that's it for him regarding England test cricket, One day and T20.

you don't average almost 50 unless you're world class.

pietersen gets himself out softly but he makes knocks others aren't capable of. for every cheap wicket there's a quick fire, match winning innings.

class act on the pitch. cock knocker off it by all accounts.

I don't think informing the ECB through youtube of his decision to make himself available ( again ) for all types on international cricket would have gone down well. One thing which was very noticable when watching him on youtube was the fact he wore a tracksuit top with his sponsors logo showing and the zip down enough to show the same logo on his t-shirt. This opportunity to promote adidas wouldn't have been available to him if he had met up with the ECB. A total knob he is.

To be fair the ECB delayed the squad selection from the morning till the afternoon to give him time to admit his guilt and move on. Word must have got round from the SA players what he actually sent in those texts and all he had to do by the looks of it was to hold his hands up to it. Instead he'll be doing the usual shoulder shrugging and 'I can't understand why people fall out with me' act again. In short, he's a fucking drama queen.

`Textgate' seems to have been the final straw for the ECB.Unrest in a cricket dressing room is a lot different to a football dressing room. You can be sitting in a cricket dressing room with unrest for 7 or 8 hrs a day. If his excellent `knocks' have won games for England then surely getting out early through rash ,irresponsable `i'll bat how i want' shots have lost games for England. With Pietersen,the nearest we've had to an apology is `possibly,maybe i might have ,could have done things differently. He's a knob.

you don't average almost 50 unless you're world class.

pietersen gets himself out softly but he makes knocks others aren't capable of. for every cheap wicket there's a quick fire, match winning innings.

class act on the pitch. cock knocker off it by all accounts.

Kallis averages closer to 60. That's world class. And there's plenty more soft dismissals than match winning innings. KP is a very good player but the same thing that's lost him his place has always prevented him from being considered a great - his brain.

H

Kallis averages closer to 60. That's world class. And there's plenty more soft dismissals than match winning innings. KP is a very good player but the same thing that's lost him his place has always prevented him from being considered a great - his brain.

So by that rationale we've no world class player despite this being the best England side for 30 years? I think only trott of our current batters has a better average than KP and he's a good few short of 60 too.

Looks like he might be finished for England listening to Strauss talk earlier. A decision I hope that doesn't bite us on the arse. I don't see any other batters out there that can easily fill his shoes.

Ah the thorny issue of defining 'World Class'. Okay, if this is the best side in decades and we are one of the best sides in the world (clearly second to SA though) than I suppose you have to say our players are indeed 'World Class'.

Thing is though, and I hate to talk the achievements of the cricket team down, is that we're not really in a golden age, especially when it comes to bowling. I think that Jimmy Anderson, who has eventually turned into a fine bowler, is regarded as one if the best in the world tells you that much. Of course, you can only beat who you play but in 30 years time are people going to look back at Pietersen the same way we now look at Botham, or even the still-playing Tendulkar, Kallis and Ponting?

To be loathed,like Pietersen is in the England dressing room,means he has `earned' this ill-feeling,and not simply by being different and/or arrogant, as some ex-cricketers are saying.He has fallen out at every County he has played for.One captain through his cricket gear out of the dressing room window.How many people do you loath.Not many i bet.Just think of the atmosphere in a cricket dressing room if a number of players loathe a team-mate.

Guest CabayeAye

I though Bairstow was shite, but he seems to have turned it around. A couple of centuries from him, and Pietersen might as well retire.

Guest CabayeAye

Ah the thorny issue of defining 'World Class'. Okay, if this is the best side in decades and we are one of the best sides in the world (clearly second to SA though) than I suppose you have to say our players are indeed 'World Class'.

Thing is though, and I hate to talk the achievements of the cricket team down, is that we're not really in a golden age, especially when it comes to bowling. I think that Jimmy Anderson, who has eventually turned into a fine bowler, is regarded as one if the best in the world tells you that much. Of course, you can only beat who you play but in 30 years time are people going to look back at Pietersen the same way we now look at Botham, or even the still-playing Tendulkar, Kallis and Ponting?

The only genuinely stand out bowler that we have is Swann. Our seamers are all 'world class', but none stand out as 'best ever'. We've had a good seam attack for about 5-6 years now. We've just been lucky enough to pick 3-4 from a pool including at various times:

Flintoff

Harmison

Hoggard

Anderson

Broad

Tremlett

Bresnan

Finn

And a few other bits and pieces bowlers. The only thing I think we lack is a second quality spinner to take us to the subcontinent. I'd be tempted to use a batsman as a part timer before I called up a second English spinner, the quality just isn't there. If anything happens to Swann, we're fucked.