Sid Waddell

wykikitoon

The start and finish. :lol:

My cousin rang me up and said the auditions were on ( in the Ellison building at the then Newcastle Poly iirc), we thought it would be a laugh, and I'd read the book so we went along.

Asked us back the next day.

Loads of Theatre School kids there, me and my cousin didn't have a clue what we were doing, just read the parts in our normal voices.

Kept my BBC rejection letter for years, but it's long gone now :lol:

:) good craic .

My Grandad was in Spender .Just a background gig.

Walked down the stairs at a scene shot in Station Hotel

Got 50 sovs and a slap-up lunch :)

Not trod the boards myself although I was 'on' Wogan once . Was in audience and Tony Bennet was on. Terry says 'wow its your 75th album Tony, has anyone out there got them ?' I said I had 74 of them and Terry pointed me out to him and he smiled up and waved. Gave him back a Shearer head-bowed arm up celebration type 'ney bother mate' wave.

Edited by LoveTheBobby

• 2 weeks later...

1. it's sid waddell's funeral today, in pudsey, west yorks.

2. kevin sheedy has announced he has been diagnosed with bowel cancer.

3. a bloke who used to post on another newcastle forum (old Rivals one, iirc) was the kid in the Tudor crisp advert who delivered the papers

4. my dad was in Spender; week after he retired from graft, he got a role as an extra, as a jury member.

He did. Sammy Johnson, there's a Sunday for Sammy fundraiser concert every year ( I think?) at the City Hall with the Auf Wiedersehen cast , Brendan Healy and other " luminaries" of the northen stage and screen.

He did. Sammy Johnson, there's a Sunday for Sammy fundraiser concert every year ( I think?) at the City Hall with the Auf Wiedersehen cast , Brendan Healy and other " luminaries" of the northen stage and screen.

He had a role in Auf Wiedesehen Pet as well, he set about Moxey and Oz chinned him iirc, then he nearly ended up working with them in Spain.