Spider found living in Chinese woman's ear for FIVE days...

Happy Face

We've all heard the one about people eating a spider while they sleep or creepy-crawlies going somewhere they shouldn't while we snooze - but for one poor woman the urban legend has come true.

She arrived at China's Changsha Central Hospital with an itchy ear, only to learn the cause was a spider that had crawled into the ear canal.

To make things worse, doctors believe the arachnid had been in there for five days.

Fortunately for the woman, there was some good news - doctors told her the problem would have been far worse if she had tried to scratch it.

At first the medics planned to use tweezers to grab the spider and pull it out - but they were worried that creature might bite the patient.

Instead, Dr Liu Sheng and his colleagues poured a saline solution into the ear and waited for the spider to leave on its own.

Fingers crossed it didn't lay any eggs...

article-2186522-1479E1E6000005DC-348_634x343.jpg

My cousin, fuck knows how,had some kind of caterpillar type grub in his ear for a couple of days when we were about 12.

We all thought it was a hoot, (except him),it'd crawl into view, you'd try to grab it with tweezers, and it would scuttle back round the bend and munch on a bit wax.

He said the worst thing was at night, lying in bed, he could hear nothing but it , crawling about inside his head, chewing on his earwax.

*shudders*

My grandfather used to drive wedding cars in the days when they threw rice instead of confetti....he had earache on day so he went to the doctor who gave his lug the once over then proceeded to pull a germinating rice plant out of his ear :lol:

yep, im not going to sleep after this. I am, self-admittedly, a fucking whimp when it comes to spiders. The horrible dicks.

Same here. It's a proper phobia, it doesn't even register as regular fear its a completely different feeling.

Little bastards.

Nobody post the picture of that crazy eyeworm thing from a few years ago please .

What, this thing?

eye-worm02.jpgworm%20in%20eye.jpg

Edited by The Fish

eye_worm.jpg

What, this thing?

No I meant this crazy critter .

Botfly larvae.

As utterly ghoulish as they are they actually have a fascinating and ingenious life cycle. Up there with those rediculous tongue parasites that get into fish's mouths .

My mam and dad were on holiday in Minorca one year when my mam woke up and couldn't open one of her eyes at all. It was glued shut. She tried running it under warm and hot water but nowt would get it open. They were shitting it at this point so rushed out for medical treatment. Bascially, some type of insect had landed on her eye in the middle of the night and layed eggs inside it..