Another Shooting in America

The Fish

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Five-year-old boy accidentally shoots and kills sister.

A 5-year-old Kentucky boy who received a .22-caliber rifle as a gift accidentally shot and killed his 2-year-old sister on Tuesday, according to state police.

The toddler was shot at just after 1 p.m. local time on Lawson’s Bottom Road in Cumberland County, police said. The girl was taken to Cumberland County Hospital and later pronounced dead.

The mother of the two children was at home at the time of the shooting, Cumberland County Coroner Gary White told the local newspaper, the Lexington Herald-Leader. He said that the family did not realize that there was a shell inside the gun. The firearm was kept in a corner, he said.

“It’s a Crickett,” Cumberland County Coroner Gary White told the paper. “It’s a little rifle for a kid.”

“The little boy’s used to shooting the little gun,” White said.

The shooting occurred while the boy was playing with the rifle, police said. It was “just one of those crazy accidents,” White told the Herald-Leader.

There's just so much wrong with this story that I don't know where to start. :(

How about giving a 5yr old a functioning rifle as a present.

Or the fact that there is a market for child sized firearms.

I see you point actually, where to start?

How about giving a 5yr old a functioning rifle as a present.

Or the fact that there is a market for child sized firearms.

I see you point actually, where to start?

The blasé 'meh, it happens' attitude if the coroner towards the incident.

Anyone watching this "12 year old lifer" on Channel 4?

15yr old convinces 12 yr old friend to help kill his step-dad. They use the step-dad's loaded, unlocked guns to shoot him 4 times. The 15yr (now 17) old is serving time in a adult prison, the 12yr (now 14) old is currently in a juvenile centre, but will be moving into an adult facility soon...

How would more guns help?

Anyone watching this "12 year old lifer" on Channel 4?

15yr old convinces 12 yr old friend to help kill his step-dad. They use the step-dad's loaded, unlocked guns to shoot him 4 times. The 15yr (now 17) old is serving time in a adult prison, the 12yr (now 14) old is currently in a juvenile centre, but will be moving into an adult facility soon...

How would more guns help?

Small gun cupboard, too many guns, they are jammed in so tight you can't get one out and think "fuck it, I won't kill my step-dad after all!".

I should work for the NRA or something.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a fully armed and armoured Mother's Day Parade

New Orleans Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas 'branded the attacks as "selfish"'.

http://news.sky.com/...v-shows-suspect

Is it just me, or is the term selfish not the first which springs to mind to describe the accessibility and opportunity of this situation that the US society and culture allow? How can you describe attempted murder like that as selfish? It is completely negating the madness of the situation and creating a normalism out of it. The shooter wasn't psychologically disturbed to accept that act as an alright one to commit, he was selfish. It wasn't a tragic thing, it was an inconvenience to the day. Fucking nut jobs, the lot of them.

Edited by ADP

I'd like to know what parents of children killed at schools and universities thought of their gun laws before the tragedies and what they think of them now.

Those pro-gun will see it as proof there needs to be more guns, those against will see it as further proof there needs to be more gun control.

This is like a religion for people, there's no arguing with zealots.

• 1 month later...

the title does say "police kill dog"

owner acting like a dickhead to begin with, cops forgetting the dopey cunt put it in a car with open windows, trigger happy with it barking  and then let the thing suffer .

How was he acting a dickhead.

There is an effort being promoted to have the public film the police at work whenever the opportunity arises. It's not a crime and shouldn't be punished.