My prediction

peasepud

As we enter yet another period of Toon uncertainty heres my thoughts on the next 2 years. Its now looking like a distinct possibility that Souness will go in the next few days to a week or so and instead of having a successor lined up we would have to go scrabbling around for some other nacker who nobody else wants. Having the forethought and insight that our Freddy has he'll decide to announce Glenn Roeder as caretaker until the end of the season. Okay then, no great prediction there, we all know its a big possibility but heres where we'll fall down. Glenn will come in, make a few basic changes and may even actually start getting a game plan and use those tactic things (not the little 2 calorie mints that you shake at people). We'll start winning a few games and end up shifting up the table, make a late push for Europe and possibly even scrape that 6th place.

Bad move!

Freddy will start to think that we're on the up and Glenns a canny manager, decides its less hassle, cost and upheaval than bringing in a new bloke and then gives him a 2 year contract. 12 months further down the line and we'll be sitting here slagging him off, cursing the fact we cant beat some tuppence ha'penny reserve team and having to go searching again for a successor.

You heard it here first :lol:

Let's say though, and I'm playing Dick Advocat here, that Roeder does take over; the performances are much better and we're getting results.....why shouldn't Roeder be allowed to stay on? If it aint borke don't fix it.

Let's say though, and I'm playing Dick Advocat here, that Roeder does take over; the performances are much better and we're getting results.....why shouldn't Roeder be allowed to stay on? If it aint borke don't fix it.

74458[/snapback]

This may sound strange coming from me as I am a Souness hater and never wanted to give him time and punt him straight away but I agree. The thing about Souness is he has never learned. he has never progressed with modern football. he is still doing the same things and making the same mistakes he did when at Rangers (ask Ally McCoist). He was just lucky that the rest of the league was complete pants then. If Roeder makes good changes and improves things it will show that he is different and has learned from previous mistakes. that he has gone away and studied.

Well thats my tuppence in.

its time we got stability and a serious proven world class manager, yes Glenn can do a better job than Sou but then so could me granny, you, me and the dog know that but at the end of the day, just doing a better job isnt what its about its about competing, fighting for the cups, league and europe which we're not going to get with Roeder.

If this is what we've been reduced to by Souness then hes got a lot more to answer for than I thought.

its about competing, fighting for the cups, league and europe which we're not going to get with Roeder.

74472[/snapback]

Says who?

I'm still playing Dick Advocat by the way.

74476[/snapback]

In that case, should that not have been "Shaysh who?" :lol:

74458[/snapback]

This may sound strange coming from me as I am a Souness hater and never wanted to give him time and punt him straight away but I agree. The thing about Souness is he has never learned. he has never progressed with modern football. he is still doing the same things and making the same mistakes he did when at Rangers (ask Ally McCoist). He was just lucky that the rest of the league was complete pants then. If Roeder makes good changes and improves things it will show that he is different and has learned from previous mistakes. that he has gone away and studied.

74463[/snapback]

Out of interest, what would McCoist say if I asked him?

P.S. Roeader - nooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Are we actually an attractive proposition for a world class manager though? Maybe at the time Robson was sacked but now? Im not so sure. I'd love it if someone of Hitzfelds calibre would come but I just cant see it, not with the other jobs that would eb available to him. Someone with a track record and the potential to be world class might be the best we can get. Out of the foreign coaches Le Guen would be a realistic target but I doubt FF has heard of him.

I very much doubt a big name manager would take the job on, everyone knows it's the poison chalice. It'll no doubt be Roeder who has the task of picking up the pieces and then installed next to Shearer.

Personally I wouldn't mind getting an unproven, young manager in from a lower league, someone with some fresh new ideas. Not sure who though.

its about competing, fighting for the cups, league and europe which we're not going to get with Roeder.

74472[/snapback]

Says who?

I'm still playing Dick Advocat by the way.

74476[/snapback]

Leazesmag will be able to tell us how Roeder will do. :lol:

74458[/snapback]

74463[/snapback]

Out of interest, what would McCoist say if I asked him?

P.S. Roeader - nooooooooooooooooooo!!!

74482[/snapback]

He'd say that despite being top scorer he fell out with Souness and never started another game while he was there. Famously walked to the dug out with a teapot and mug one game.

What will happen.

Souness will be sacked as NUFC manager.

Regardless of whether he goes soon or in the summer, he will go.

Souness struggles to find employment within England, so when an offer comes in from America to coach an MLS chance he jumps at the chance, and takes Dean Saunders with him.

Souness does reasonably well over in the states. After finishing his coaching career he stays on in the states, taking up a TV pundit role covering Premiership Football for Fox Sports in the US. Saunders graduates to take charge of an MLS side himself.

Souness and Saunders' families settle in the US, their kids grow up there and have kids of their own.

And there's the problem. You see Graeme Souness II and Dean Saunders II aren't involved in football, but take a lot of aspects from their grandparents.

Both have risen to reach high positions in the United States. Graeme Souness II wins the 2071 US Presidential Election, and around the same time, Dean Saunders II, a high ranking military chief at the Pentagon becomes the highest ranking military official in the United States of America. Saunders makes huge changes to the military and the regime of its personnel.

Souness is elected with the hope that he can sort things out. Much of the previous president, Robbie Bobson's 8 year term in office was succesful. Bobson had restored the confidence in the country after the paranoia of his predecessor's term. But towards the end of Bobson's time at the White House, Bobson lost the plot a little bit. Confidence drained, and a small disagreement led to war with Belgium.

The American public, initially very much in favour of the war have grown tired and turned against the war. Belgian insurgents continue to pick off American troops and the images of body bags full of American soldiers arriving back in the US is a constant feature on the News Channels.

It is hoped Souness will end the war and bring the troops home.

Souness however does the opposite and antagonises the situation even further. The war gets worse and more troops are required. Over they go.

The fighting in Belgium goes badly for America and Belgium actually launch an invasion attempt on America. Unfortunately, since the introduction of General Saunders' new methods, a large number of American servicemen are incapable of fighting due to hamstring injuries. In a panic, many are sent out to fight before they have fully recovered and end up aggrevating their injuries even further.

Many towns across the Eastern Seaboard fall to the Belgians. Souness adresses the nation after New York falls to the Belgians and tells the nation it's not his fault and that America has a very good military - one of the best in the world, but they're suffering from bad luck with injuries.

What will happen.

Souness struggles to find employment within England, so when an offer comes in from America to coach an MLS chance he jumps at the chance, and takes Dean Saunders with him.

Souness does reasonably well over in the states. After finishing his coaching career he stays on in the states, taking up a TV pundit role covering Premiership Football for Fox Sports in the US. Saunders graduates to take charge of an MLS side himself.

Souness and Saunders' families settle in the US, their kids grow up there and have kids of their own.

And there's the problem. You see Graeme Souness II and Dean Saunders II aren't involved in football, but take a lot of aspects from their grandparents.

Both have risen to reach high positions in the United States. Graeme Souness II wins the 2071 US Presidential Election, and around the same time, Dean Saunders II, a high ranking military chief at the Pentagon becomes the highest ranking military official in the United States of America. Saunders makes huge changes to the military and the regime of its personnel.

Souness is elected with the hope that he can sort things out. Much of the previous president, Robbie Bobson's 8 year term in office was succesful. Bobson had restored the confidence in the country after the paranoia of his predecessor's term. But towards the end of Bobson's time at the White House, Bobson lost the plot a little bit. Confidence drained, and a small disagreement led to war with Belgium.

The American public, initially very much in favour of the war have grown tired and turned against the war. Belgian insurgents continue to pick off American troops and the images of body bags full of American soldiers arriving back in the US is a constant feature on the News Channels.

Souness however does the opposite and antagonises the situation even further. The war gets worse and more troops are required. Over they go.

The fighting in Belgium goes badly for America and Belgium actually launch an invasion attempt on America. Unfortunately, since the introduction of General Saunders' new methods, a large number of American servicemen are incapable of fighting due to hamstring injuries. In a panic, many are sent out to fight before they have fully recovered and end up aggrevating their injuries even further.

Many towns across the Eastern Seaboard fall to the Belgians. Souness adresses the nation after New York falls to the Belgians and tells the nation it's not his fault and that America has a very good military - one of the best in the world, but they're suffering from bad luck with injuries.

74700[/snapback]

:lol:

Good to see the dealers still plying their trade in Heaton.

I very much doubt a big name manager would take the job on, everyone knows it's the poison chalice.  It'll no doubt be Roeder who has the task of picking up the pieces and then installed next to Shearer.

Personally I wouldn't mind getting an unproven, young manager in from a lower league, someone with some fresh new ideas. Not sure who though.

74489[/snapback]

OMG ALEX INGLETHORPE

What will happen.

74700[/snapback]

:lol:

Good to see the dealers still plying their trade in Heaton.

74707[/snapback]

I reckon he's been borrowing LeazesMag's crystal ball tbh. ;)

• 1 year later...

As we enter yet another period of Toon uncertainty heres my thoughts on the next 2 years. Its now looking like a distinct possibility that Souness will go in the next few days to a week or so and instead of having a successor lined up we would have to go scrabbling around for some other nacker who nobody else wants. Having the forethought and insight that our Freddy has he'll decide to announce Glenn Roeder as caretaker until the end of the season. Okay then, no great prediction there, we all know its a big possibility but heres where we'll fall down. Glenn will come in, make a few basic changes and may even actually start getting a game plan and use those tactic things (not the little 2 calorie mints that you shake at people). We'll start winning a few games and end up shifting up the table, make a late push for Europe and possibly even scrape that 6th place.

Bad move!

Freddy will start to think that we're on the up and Glenns a canny manager, decides its less hassle, cost and upheaval than bringing in a new bloke and then gives him a 2 year contract. 12 months further down the line and we'll be sitting here slagging him off, cursing the fact we cant beat some tuppence ha'penny reserve team and having to go searching again for a successor.

You heard it here first ;)

:lol::D<_<:rolleyes::suicide:

Have you still got that crystal ball Pud, I reckon it'll be worth something.

Fucking hell!!

Bad move!

Fucking hell!!

Scarily accurate.

Bad move!

Fucking hell!!

Wonder what PP's predictions for the next two years are?