Moon Landings

Christmas Tree

So fish, you work in radio and monitor the vans that go round adjusting transmitters and you keep track of them, is this right?

So these vans are tracked by satellite and you know this for certain right?

Or is it the fact that it's called GPS (global positioning SATELLITE) tracking, when in-fact any markers can be set in or beside roads to do exactly the same job that you say a satellite can do.

If satellites can track your car movements at any point, then why did they go loopy when you went into out of the way countryside and only picking you up again when you come out into some kind of village/town area?

The reason was simple. It's because marker beacons weren't picking your signal up as they weren't specifically placed in countrysides at the time, yet they are far more reliable now due to more and more marker beacons, cell towers and transmitters getting put into those areas.

How many people use their own phone for road navigation? Many of you will I bet....and how many times has your phone went blank trying to find a signal, only to pick one up as go a few miles further.

It's happened to me loads of times and still does...so what do I blame that on? The clouds?, rain?, a flock of starlings? a slow flying plane blocking out my satellite lol...

Satellites= bollocks as far as I'm concerned.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that IF there was something such as a satellite orbiting in the vacuum of space, it would be full of resistors, capacitors, diodes and such right?

We also know that even a lap top would burn out if it didn't have a fan to cool the components don't we.

The same as a tower that operates a desk computer needs fans to cool it.

So how do satellites get rid of this heat as fans are a complete waste of time for cooling aren't they in a vacuum.

When you go to work with your nice shiny stainless steel flask of tea..you can open that flask 4 or 5 hours later and get a nice hot cup of tea/coffee can't you...

The reason for this is because your flask is a vacuum flask, that has a gap between the outer thermos and the inner that has had the air sucked out of it and it cannot radiate away the heat because of that vacuum and the only reason it does eventually go cold is because of the neck connection, plus the lid/stopper.

It would be worse for a satellite because it is surrounded by a vacuum so cannot radiate the heat anywhere, so the heat just builds up and builds up which would fry the satellite in short order.

These so called satellites apparently stay up there for 10/20 years with no maintenance needed.

They also appear to stay up in space without so much as any movement at all, meaning they stay in perfect orbit of the Earth, even though they are supposedly 24,000 miles in space, yet they can still use the Earth's gravitational pull at immense speed, to keep them at an exact point at all times above Earth, supposedly meaning you can point your dish at it, get your picture and your'e good to go.

So fish, you work in radio and monitor the vans that go round adjusting transmitters and you keep track of them, is this right?

Or is it the fact that it's called GPS (global positioning SATELLITE) tracking, when in-fact any markers can be set in or beside roads to do exactly the same job that you say a satellite can do.

If satellites can track your car movements at any point, then why did they go loopy when you went into out of the way countryside and only picking you up again when you come out into some kind of village/town area?

The reason was simple. It's because marker beacons weren't picking your signal up as they weren't specifically placed in countrysides at the time, yet they are far more reliable now due to more and more marker beacons, cell towers and transmitters getting put into those areas.

How many people use their own phone for road navigation? Many of you will I bet....and how many times has your phone went blank trying to find a signal, only to pick one up as go a few miles further.

It's happened to me loads of times and still does...so what do I blame that on? The clouds?, rain?, a flock of starlings? a slow flying plane blocking out my satellite lol...

Wtf are you talking about? I've used my GPS in loads of places where I have no phone signal, including in the middle of the ocean.

We all know that IF there was something such as a satellite orbiting in the vacuum of space, it would be full of resistors, capacitors, diodes and such right?

We also know that even a lap top would burn out if it didn't have a fan to cool the components don't we.

The same as a tower that operates a desk computer needs fans to cool it.

So how do satellites get rid of this heat as fans are a complete waste of time for cooling aren't they in a vacuum.

When you go to work with your nice shiny stainless steel flask of tea..you can open that flask 4 or 5 hours later and get a nice hot cup of tea/coffee can't you...

The reason for this is because your flask is a vacuum flask, that has a gap between the outer thermos and the inner that has had the air sucked out of it and it cannot radiate away the heat because of that vacuum and the only reason it does eventually go cold is because of the neck connection, plus the lid/stopper.

It would be worse for a satellite because it is surrounded by a vacuum so cannot radiate the heat anywhere, so the heat just builds up and builds up which would fry the satellite in short order.

These so called satellites apparently stay up there for 10/20 years with no maintenance needed.

They also appear to stay up in space without so much as any movement at all, meaning they stay in perfect orbit of the Earth, even though they are supposedly 24,000 miles in space, yet they can still use the Earth's gravitational pull at immense speed, to keep them at an exact point at all times above Earth, supposedly meaning you can point your dish at it, get your picture and your'e good to go.

Why don't you learn some elementary physics? Or are you too stupid to understand the subject?

So Wolfy, help me out here.

You reckon heat cannot travel/dissipate in a vacuum?

not when it's blocked as in a flask on Earth is coated in silver between both inner and outer thermos that is a vacuum. A satellite cannot dissipate the heat from it's workings inside a cover with a vacuum outside and would simply over heat.

Even if it was in the vacuum of space without the components being covered, the heat would only dissipate around it and the components would burn out or render all the solder into a dry contact.

If you had a glass thermos and created the vacuum, you would lose heat as it would slowly travel to the outer part because there is no silver to deflect the heat back.

Why don't you learn some elementary physics? Or are you too stupid to understand the subject?

Why don't you enlighten me and tell me where I'm going wrong. Don't worry if you can't, as you can carry on calling me stupid if you feel it's making your life more worthwhile.

Why don't you enlighten me and tell me where I'm going wrong. Don't worry if you can't, as you can carry on calling me stupid if you feel it's making your life more worthwhile.

Do you think I've got the time or motivation to teach you the GCSE physics you clearly didn't take or failed?

Now tell me why does my GPS work in Sutherland?

Do you think I've got the time or motivation to teach you the GCSE physics you clearly didn't take or failed?

Now tell me why does my GPS work in Sutherland?

Where is Sutherland.

No they can't evidenced by the fact THE RADIO SIGNALS CUT OUT! How aren't you getting this? What Beacons? What Markers? Radio cuts out, but satellite signal does not; your answer, other radios? Why in the world wouldn't the Metropolitan Police use THOSE markers rather than the less reliable Radio network? What madness would lead them to avoid a cheap working system in favour of a cheap system which just about works.

GPS systems operate under the assumptions there are 4 satellites "visible" to the device. As you move around you reaffiliate from one to the other. This accounts for the periodic outages, which you will find don't occur in the same places at the same time and it's an experiment you can do yourself simply use a GPS and log when and where you are when it loses "visibility" of a satellite and you'll find if you drive that route often there will be times where you hold signal where once you did not..

That's what is concerning. You don't understand how radio signals work, you don't even seem to get that GPS use Low Frequency radio signals.

How about you read this and try to understand that what you call hokum isn't that complicated

Where is Sutherland.

Science created the Internet including Google and Wiki. Look it up ffs! There's almost no infrastructure there. It's beautiful though, but as you haven't seen it you'll probably think it doesn't exist.

Edited by Renton

Science created the Internet including Google and Wiki. Look it up ffs! There's almost no infrastructure there. It's beautiful though, but as you haven't seen it you'll probably think it doesn't exist.

Well seeing as you mentioned Sutherland, I thought I'd ask you. You choose not to tell me so we will leave it at that as I have no need to look it up, as you were the one that mentioned it.

Eh? Nice dodge. Won't answer cos you can't.

I'm not dodging nothing.

You asked a question of why can you get a signal in Sutherland, so I asked you where it was...you chose not to tell me, except that it's beautiful and I can't tell you anything based on, " it's beautiful" so I'll leave it at that.

Fish, I never said radio waves were complicated and I'm not questioning radio waves.

I'm questioning satellites in SPACE.

Look, either engage in debate or don't, but dodging explanatory post with something as half assed as this, is pretty arrogant.

No they can't evidenced by the fact THE RADIO SIGNALS CUT OUT! How aren't you getting this? What Beacons? What Markers? Radio cuts out, but satellite signal does not; your answer, other radios? Why in the world wouldn't the Metropolitan Police use THOSE markers rather than the less reliable Radio network? What madness would lead them to avoid a cheap working system in favour of a cheap system which just about works.
Answer those questions, and when you can't, please accept that the reason you don't believe things can't operate in space is because you don't understand how things can operate in Space and nothing else.

http://www.heavens-above.com/

Pair of binoculars, clear night, problem fucking solved.

Edited by The Fish

I'm not dodging nothing.

You asked a question of why can you get a signal in Sutherland, so I asked you where it was...you chose not to tell me, except that it's beautiful and I can't tell you anything based on, " it's beautiful" so I'll leave it at that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutherland

that took me 10 seconds

Look, either engage in debate or don't, but dodging explanatory post with something as half assed as this, is pretty arrogant.

Answer those questions, and when you can't accept that the reason you don't believe things can't operate in space is because you don't understand how things can operate in Space and nothing else.

http://www.heavens-above.com/

Pair of binoculars, clear night, problem fucking solved.

Pair of binoculars, clear night and what problem is solved?

Pair of binoculars, clear night and what problem is solved?

... Seriously? I have to write it in crayons for you?

Ok,

Go to that website, find when satellites will be passing over the location you choose, Stand there with Binoculars, see the Satellites and realise you're wrong.

... Seriously? I have to write it in crayons for you?

Ok,

Go to that website, find when satellites will be passing over the location you choose, Stand there with Binoculars, see the Satellites and realise you're wrong.

I tried that and guess what. I saw what I can only describe as tiny blobs of light whizzing by. Are they satellites?

Can you absolutely and undeniably state that they are satellites, or are you basing it on being told they are man made satellites?