Moon Landings

Christmas Tree

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gravitational field keeps it nicely locked in.

The gravitational field keeps the atmosphere stuck to the planet but won't prevent you flying off the surface at the relatively small rate of one revolution per 24 hours? Interesting.

The gravitational field keeps the atmosphere stuck to the planet but won't prevent you flying off the surface at the relatively small rate of one revolution per 24 hours? Interesting.

Who said fly off the planet? I said at 1000mph it would have you bobbling about flinging you up and falling back and up, IF and I mean IF the planet was spinning at 1000mph which it isn't.

Not sure why you even bother to ask, even if he does provide it you will dismiss it.

The ball is in his court. H e can provide it or not, it's no skin off my nose either way.

It's just chat...and if people want to chat, then good....if they don't , then fair enough. I won't lose any sleep over it.

Just don't see why you want to debate when you clearly don't listen to reason.

I can say exactly the same thing.

Just because the masses follow a perceived truth, doesn't mean it IS the truth.

I have my own theory and I also have my own mind, so why should I listen and follow a reason that doesn't suit my own thinking?

You seem to be taking their side and that's fair enough because they might be your friends or you have met them, or you simply believe that they are right and I am wrong.

If it's the latter of these, why don't you tell me why I am wrong and they are right...using your OWN take on things.

Come on them clever clogs, let's see your simple equation.

V = sqrt (GM/r)

Where V is orbital velocity, G is gravitational constant, M is mass of the Earth, and r is distance from the centre of mass (radius). If you populate this equation it shows the point of equilibrium (where you would be flung off the earth) is about 36000 km - the point of geostationary orbit. Also if the Earth rotated about ten times as fast, ie a day was 2 hours, we would be flung off.

Edited by Renton

Don't think so. They once found a 'fossilised microbe' in a meteor that crashed into the Antarctic and was thought to be from Mars originally. It didn't stand up to scientific scrutiny though iirc.

My gut feeling is Mars is sterile and always has been. NASA couldn't get away with faking biological life even if for some absurd reason they wanted to, so that's what will be reported. Boring really.

They haven't went to all this trouble to sell us another hoax just for another fake Mars run around.

The moment is getting closer when they tell us that they have found some kind of life, artefacts or something to do with intelligent life. It's all about how much of a piss take they dare hit us all with.

They can beam any pictures to us of anything and no one can check them out in their real state can they, so all they can go on is photos and we all know they can be faked to death.

The atmosphere is supposedly paper thin on Mars according to the N.A.S.A actors, yet the special anti thin atmosphere parachutes worked a dream stopping that 1 tonne curiosity rover supposedly travelling at thousands of miles per hour ,enough so that 4 little rockets could deploy, landing it sweetly on the surface, then unhinge it and piss off back into the atmosphere to drop about 600 yards away in a big heap of twisted metal. :rolleyes:

Well I'm glad you're making this prospective prediction wolfy. If nothing of note is found (and you said it already would have been), what will you say then?

I made a prediction that soon enough they will come out with something. I said it might even be within a month, I didn't specifically say it would be a month exactly.

Just to be totally clear on things, here's what I'm willing to do.

From this point, until 1 year ....(yes I know I'm giving myself time)...If N.A.S.A don't come up with some kind of organism or some structure or something that they tell us is intelligent life being, or, been on that planet, then I'll never question anything again and just accept everything we are told.

That would be a massive step for me but that's also how confident I am that they are going to hit us with a complete load of bullshit.

Now it's only fair that you do something if they find any of this on Mars, so can I ask you to stand in Fenwicks window wearing a thong on, the wrong way round, making sure that the string splits your balls, stood there holding both arms up as if you are posing for a body building competition.

Is this a deal. :razz:

Edited by wolfy

Intelligent life on Mars, or evidence of such in the past? :lol: Absolutely no chance of that wolfy. I accept. I would have accepted any sign of multicellular life as it happens, the odds of that would have been better. September 2013 then. :)

Intelligent life on Mars, or evidence of such in the past? :lol: Absolutely no chance of that wolfy. I accept. I would have accepted any sign of multicellular life as it happens, the odds of that would have been better. September 2013 then. :)

The deal is on then. :thumbup:

It'll be a bit more than molecular. They haven't went to all this trouble to take the piss, so I'm going for some kind of little mouse like skeleton remains or maybe a small Lizard type skeleton, obviously with a few added features to make it look more Marsy like.

Or, maybe a structure or something or artefact of some sort.

I don;t think they would dare take the total piss by showing us the skeleton remains of a Martianasaurus. :no:

Or would they...dare they.....who knows...tune in next year...or earlier to see the next edition of Mars has bigger organisms. :mage:

Why do you reckon this Wolfenstien??

Because N.A.S.A has already sold us the Mars missions and most have accepted they can do it. They obviously didn't want to go overboard with the first round of bullshit, so they gave us little glimpses of Mars full of reasonable sized rocks.

This time, we have a more smooth pebbly surface for them to play around with, which means this curiosity can roam at will and cover big distances.

It is then that the big shock will get spun, when it finally bumps into something to get everyone going, 'ohhhhhhhhhh look at that, Mars had/has life.'

No amount of technology of supposed higher intelligence has made us humans any less naive to bullshit.