Moon Landings

Christmas Tree

I think it proves you don;t know what you're talking about.

I'm talking about the small room with a heater in, as in the inside of the satellite not outside.

Also, the satellite turning away from the sun to cool down is laughable in the extreme.

Space is neither hot nor cold, so what's to cool down?

You are correct about the sun though hitting the satellite( if there was one in space, which there isn't) because the sun would basically render the components inside it, toast anyway, just like cooking a Turkey in foil in an oven.

Trying to be smart does not make you smart Fish. ;)

:pmsl: you literally have no idea, do you?

I didn't say the satellite turns from the sun, I said it angles it's radiating areas from the Sun.

Space is -270.7degrees Centigrade, as heat is provided by the excitation of particles and there's a naff all particles in the expanse of space

You again prove you can't follow your own argument, you state the silver lining of thermos flasks keep the temperature of the liquid in a flask hot (or cold) by reflecting it back, yet you're incapable of understanding that a similar process regulates the temperature of the satellites?

Oh I'm not trying to be smart, I'm trying very very hard to dumb down as much as possible. For your benefit.

Edited by The Fish

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:pmsl: you literally have no idea, do you?

I didn't say the satellite turns from the sun, I said it angles it's radiating areas from the Sun.

Space is -270.7degrees Centigrade, as heat is provided by the excitation of particles and there's a naff all particles in the expanse of space

You again prove you can't follow your own argument, you state the silver lining of thermos flasks keep the temperature of the liquid in a flask hot (or cold) by reflecting it back, yet you're incapable of understanding that a similar process regulates the temperature of the satellites?

Oh I'm not trying to be smart, I'm trying very very hard to dumb down as much as possible. For your benefit.

Oh you're dumbing down mighty fine.

Space my dear friend is neither hot nor cold.

Oh you're dumbing down mighty fine.

Space my dear friend is neither hot nor cold.

Ok, I'll state it again, so that we're clear.

1. Cold is the absence of heat
  2. Heat is the measurement of the excitation of particles
  3. There are fuck all particles in space
  4. Therefore there is an absence of heat
  5. Which means it's cold.

That, my friend, is irrefutable, especially given you agree on the 2nd and 3rd statements.

Ok, I'll state it again, so that we're clear.

1. Cold is the absence of heat

2. Heat is the measurement of the excitation of particles

3. There are fuck all particles in space

4. Therefore there is an absence of heat

5. Which means it's cold.

That, my friend, is irrefutable, especially given you agree on the 2nd and 3rd statements.

Space is neither hot nor cold.

So what are they supposed to mean?

If you're too stupid to remember that you've already described both these statements today, I'm not sure you should have internet privileges :lol:

hits out atmosphere(particles) and agitates it, giving us the heat we feel.

space being basically devoid of the particles we have on Earth
Edited by The Fish

If you're too stupid to remember that you've already described both these statements today, I'm not sure you should have internet privileges :lol:

Yes I know what you said, I'm just wondering how you equate this to space being cold.

Yes I know what you said, I'm just wondering how you equate this to space being cold.

Well, without sufficient particles to be excited, space cannot be anything but cold.

Boom LOGICBOMB Boom

Well, without sufficient particles to be excited, space cannot be anything but cold.

Boom LOGICBOMB Boom

No logic in that whatsoever.

Without sufficient particles in space it is neither hot nor cold...now that's logic.

No logic in that whatsoever.

Without sufficient particles in space it is neither hot nor cold...now that's logic.

No, wolfy,

1. heat is excited particles,
  2. cold is the absence of heat
  3. vacuum is the absence of particles,
  4. therefore vacuum is cold

No, wolfy,

1. heat is excited particles,

2. cold is the absence of heat

3. vacuum is the absence of particles,

4. therefore vacuum is cold

No Fish.

The absence of particles is the absence of heat or cold. Space is a vacuum where up and down, side to side and hot and cold are absent.

No Fish.

The absence of particles is the absence of heat or cold. Space is a vacuum where up and down, side to side and hot and cold are absent.

No, you're wrong, you're just flat out wrong.

Are you suggesting that the vacuum of space is what, room temperature? :lol:

no particles = no heat

not no particles = 0 temp, no heat.

No particles = No energy to provide heat. A total lack of heat.

Either you don't understand what a vacuum is, or you're just being willfully ignorant.

No, you're wrong, you're just flat out wrong.

Are you suggesting that the vacuum of space is what, room temperature? :lol:

no particles = no heat

not no particles = 0 temp, no heat.

No particles = No energy to provide heat. A total lack of heat.

Either you don't understand what a vacuum is, or you're just being willfully ignorant.

It's you that doesn't understand.

You are simply going by Earth values, in that if it's not hot, it's cold "on your own body"...

Space in itself being devoid of anything, is neither hot nor cold.

You cannot grasp that because you are thinking of your own body and how it gets cold or you are thinking of atmospheric cold.

It's ok though.

It's you that doesn't understand.

You are simply going by Earth values, in that if it's not hot, it's cold "on your own body"...

Space in itself being devoid of anything, is neither hot nor cold.

You cannot grasp that because you are thinking of your own body and how it gets cold or you are thinking of atmospheric cold.

It's ok though.

:pmsl: No, idiot boy. I'm thinking of heat as energy, which is all it is. Heat is the excitation of particles and, by your own admission, there are barely any particles in space so there cannot be excited particles so there cannot be heat.

Now, admit you're wrong.

:pmsl: No, idiot boy. I'm thinking of heat as energy, which is all it is. Heat is the excitation of particles and, by your own admission, there are barely any particles in space so there cannot be excited particles so there cannot be heat.

Now, admit you're wrong.

You are correct, there cannot be heat and also there cannot be cold. You are still thinking Earthly. Like I said, I don't expect you to grasp that.

I love the idiot boy thing, use it in every post, it makes you appear really superior. :snigger:

You are correct, there cannot be heat and also there cannot be cold. You are still thinking Earthly. Like I said, I don't expect you to grasp that.

I love the idiot boy thing, use it in every post, it makes you appear really superior. :snigger:

Why can't there be temperature in space then?