Moon Landings

Christmas Tree

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ice is the vacuum of space?

You have it all mixed up.

I understand Newtons law, on EARTH, in space it means absolutely nothing and the ice is certainly not the vacuum.

If you were sat on the same chair in the same ice rink with a bottle of compressed air and opened the valve, away from you, you would move in the opposite direction because the air is pushing against the atmosphere. The atmosphere is a barrier.

Try picking up a 4 by 4 sheet of ply board and running with it . The atmosphere or air pressure acts upon you.

If could stand on a floor in a vacuum and run with the same ply board you would simply run with no resistance.

Also a rocket does not shoot balls out of it nozzle, it simply burns fuel which would get swallowed up in the atmosphere and would be like you running on a treadmill, you would expend your energy but would go nowhere.

51146d1340039413-ics-week-facepalm.gif

I find it a bit ironic that all the board's members are between Parky (interplanetary travel a piece of piss) and wolfy (space travel fundamentally impossible) in the conspiracy stakes.

How is that ironic? Bit bloody hard to fall outside of that spectrum.

Honestly Renton, what school did you go to? What hood did you grow up in? Where do you get your hair cut?

I love my dad but I think he's fucking crackers because he thinks he invted saying 'thank you' to bus drivers.

The odd time I use a bus I usually say "cheers, mate" when I get off, most people do. Your Dad's not 'fucking crackers' he's just polite and sociable.

A little concerned wolfy has a child.

No offence but you are fucking mental.

I was typing up something very similar an hour but refrained. But I agree with this post 100%. Unfortunately I have had to deal with mental illness through friends and family. Either wolfy is a wum (a vert nasty one), or he is ill, seriously. Paranoid schizophrenia would be my guess.

Or maybe I'm making too much of it. He might just be a sound dad who just personally believe in ANYTHING scientific, but this won't stop him affecting his kids lives at all, will it?

Bit much that, like.

Hands up, needlessly personal maybe but I find his extreme views concerning IF he passes them onto his kids. He's basically suggested that all schooling is brainwashing - is this not worrying? It is to me, just like creationist schools. And yes, I've known psychotic people with similar delusions.

Hands up, needlessly personal maybe but I find his extreme views concerning IF he passes them onto his kids. He's basically suggested that all schooling is brainwashing - is this not worrying? It is to me, just like creationist schools. And yes, I've known psychotic people with similar delusions.

You have said nothing personal to me. I'm fine with any diagnosis you make, just as long as you don't charge me for your services.

Still hounding poor LM despite him being banned further compounding your previous dig at Wolfy! ;)

The odd time I use a bus I usually say "cheers, mate" when I get off, most people do. Your Dad's not 'fucking crackers' he's just polite and sociable.

Of course he is, I do the same. What makes him crackers is that he claims he INVENTED this practice!

(doesn't help I misspelt the key word before, apologies!)

Just that no-one did it before he started doing it so everyone else must have copied him.

On a similar note of parental lunacy, my mum thinks she invented making conversation with people on the till at supermarkets.

Mad, I tell you!

:lol:

My Mam and Dad would 'check' the radiator in my room when I lived at home whilst looking up with a look of concentration on their faces. It used to crack me up, (except if I was about to have a sneaky wank when I'd have to take evasive action to prevent discovery). :D

I'm more worried about the vested interest you're taking in Wolfy now that Leazes has gone. Psychotic people with their delusions and all that... ;)

I will admit not having children myself may make me very naive but it does honestly scare me that someone who believes (or chooses not to believe) what he does is concerning for me as personally I learnt a lot from my parents and can't see how someone with such extreme views doesn't pass them onto their kids.

Sorry :dunno:

You say that but you see these religious mentalist who have their children protesting outside war heroes funerals etc..

Probably the point you are making with your first comment about it could be worse but aren't people more perceptive to learning at an early age, so if the people you first start to look up to/learn from believe such nonsense isn't that going to be your pov in the future (ie if my parents constantly told me non-white people were bad as I was growing up I would struggle to believe anything else?).

You say that but you see these religious mentalist who have their children protesting outside war heroes funerals etc..

Probably the point you are making with your first comment about it could be worse but aren't people more perceptive to learning at an early age, so if the people you first start to look up to/learn from believe such nonsense isn't that going to be your pov in the future (ie if my parents constantly told me non-white people were bad as I was growing up I would struggle to believe anything else?).

Your last words are bang on.

Now equate that to what you were taught at school about moon landings and the spinning Earth and the tailored to fit calculations to fit it, all told to you by an adult not unlike your own parents who you trust to give you the knowledge.

You are taught to believe in God and have religious studies, so are brought up to believe, unless your parents are atheist's, so what would happen then? which way would you go then if your parents told you there was no God yet the school tells you there is?

Are all religions correct or are only some , whilst others are a conspiracy?

Food for thought isn't it.

You have decided that I tell my kids that what they learn at school is bogus, yet you have no clue whatsoever how many kids I've got or whether they are kids at all, so who's dishing out conspiracy theories here without evidence. Should I be worrying about you for having these thoughts?

I would suggest (if you want to, I'm not egging you on or nothing) that you stop worrying about me and my family and concentrate on your own well being, whilst also making an argument for or against what we are talking about and try and simply come to a conclusion that I'm wrong, plausible or possibly right and that's the choices you only really need to be bothered about, if at all.

Don't fret over things, it's bad for you. Smile while you debate.

Edited by wolfy

Your last words are bang on.

Now equate that to what you were taught at school about moon landings and the spinning Earth and the tailored to fit calculations to fit it, all told to you by an adult not unlike your own parents who you trust to give you the knowledge.

You are taught to believe in God and have religious studies, so are brought up to believe, unless your parents are atheist's, so what would happen then? which way would you go then if your parents told you there was no God yet the school tells you there is?

Are all religions correct or are only some , whilst others are a conspiracy?

Food for thought isn't it.

You have decided that I tell my kids that what they learn at school is bogus, yet you have no clue whatsoever how many kids I've got or whether they are kids at all, so who's dishing out conspiracy theories here without evidence. Should I be worrying about you for having these thoughts?

I would suggest (if you ant to, I'm not egging you on or nothing) that you stop worrying about me and my family and concentrate on your own well being, whilst also making an argument for or against what we are talking about and try and simply come to a conclusion that I'm wrong, plausible or possibly right and that's the choices you only really need to be bothered about, if at all.

Don't fret over things, it's bad for you. Smile while you debate.

You cannot equate faith with science. One if the belief in things unseen, the other is the arrival at conclusions after rigourous testing of theories.