Golf Discounts Schemes

Christmas Tree

:lol: new hobby time like Tiger ?

Na, :lol: played for years and then stopped for a while due to a mate not being able to play. Mate and two others are looking to start again and these offers look too good to be true.

Wondering what the catch is.

Mark Twain had it nailed.

"Golf is a good walk spoiled."

This. I absolutely love sport, probably more than the majority of girls but golf bores the shit out of me.

I usually find that the only people who dont like Golf are the ones who have an aversion to financial rape in order to drag a heavy bag of overpriced sticks around a field.

:razz:

( tried it btw, duuuuulllll as ).

I usually find that the only people who dont like Golf are the ones who have never played it.

I won a putting competition in the Maldives once. Beat all the lads and everything. The prize was 5hrs of golf tuition with the ex-pro who worked at the club on the island. Totally wasted on me...

I've done a load of the groupon deals and there's no catch. Good way to sample a lot of the local courses. You tend to get more of them through the winter.

Funny you should mention it because todays deal on Groupon is...

Full Day of Golf With Sandwich and Drink Plus Driving Range Balls for £25 at Linden Hall Hotel (61% Off)

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/newcastle

...or is that what's peaked your interest?

• 2 weeks later...

Must have missed these replies!

No HF I hadn't seen the Groupon thing, I'd been googling and came across various sites talking about 2for1 golf.

As it happens when we played yesterday the guy at Boldon told us about them and basically they cost you a few quid (get cheaper the more you buy) and then just present them when you go to pay.

Most courses will allow 2for1 however Boldon is not as good a discount. 15 instead of 24.

Will have to get Groupon back.

That's not bad like. What score do you usually go round in?

Did the front 9 in 47 last night (+11 I think), managed 1 birdie and 1 par :ninja:

I'm not good. Played regular for a few years when I was 13-16, but since then it's only been a couple of times a year tops (so that's almost 20 years). I used to walk all over the shop when i was using public transport. But having bought a car a year ago my pregnant lady look has gotten out of hand. So the golf is just an effort to get back to walking as much as I did before.

I'm still hitting irons well enough tbh.

I just won't accept that i can't hit a wood off the tee any more, so I persevere and grassy or slice 15 out of 18 tee shots.

I might see how I go with a 3 iron off every tee, see how much better my score is.

On this note, does anyone know where the best driving range is from Tynemouth? I don't want to have to go all the way up to Seaburn, but can't find one on the North side.

I'm still hitting irons well enough tbh.

I just won't accept that i can't hit a wood off the tee any more, so I persevere and grassy or slice 15 out of 18 tee shots.

I might see how I go with a 3 iron off every tee, see how much better my score is.

On this note, does anyone know where the best driving range is from Tynemouth? I don't want to have to go all the way up to Seaburn, but can't find one on the North side.

It's quite laughable beginners passion for a driver. Leave it in the bag.

The two lads I played with yesterday where hitting them high wide and handsome as I dinked an iron straight down the fairway the majority of the time.

A fairway "rescue club" is a good half way between an iron and driver and far more accurate in a beginners hands.

Years ago there used to be a driving range at the Parklands course next to the Gosforth park but no idea if the range or course is still there.

Aye. Wallsend and Parklands were my local back in the day.

Wallsend golf course used to be brutal when I was growing up. I believe they have shortened it considerably these days. Parklands used to be my favourite. Not too long so if you're accurate you'll do well.

Arcot Hall was the best I ever played and the first time I broke 90 (using just irons oddily enough)