Rising stars

JawD

http://www.spennymoortownfc.co.uk/club-news/phil-airey

Phil Airey

Monday, July 30th, 2012

Club Manager Jason Ainsley tonight has released the following statement.

‘We have decided not to follow up our interest in Phil Airey who has played in the last couple of games for us. We have a structure at the club which we will not break and we believe the forwards we have at our disposal have shown in pre season that they want to be successful with us and believe in what we are trying to achieve’

We would like to wish Phil all the very best.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

Translates as:

We think that Phil Airey is a big-timing chav skip rat who despite thinking he is good at football, is actually fucking shit. We won't touch him with a barge pole, so he can continue on to the job centre to sign on, since he will be doing this for the rest of his life due to the fact that the thing he is best at is football, and he is shit at it.

Surely following an exchange of posts is not beyond you?

Myself and Jonathan were discussing whether young Mr Fergusons best position is as a left back or left winger. My view was that he may be able to play the jonas role in the 433 (I'll assume you know what that is).

If you need any further help, please do not hesitate to contact me. :)

Meow! I'll let the bitchy reply go as I know the role that 'Mr Ferguson' (No 'Little Shane'?) plays in the team is close to your heart.

I say this as a lot of the times he has been brought on he looks as though he has come on with that very instruction defensive cover first and an outlet to relieve pressure and link up attack second. (Which he has usually carried out fairly well).

Anyway, yes that generally is the role of a fullback. So by that notion every typical fullback could play a holding role in midfield?

I thought he was 'a great crosser' and 'gets early crosses in' unlike *gulp* Jonas (grrrrr). So why take away 'Little Shane's' greatest strength to play him in centre midfield? I know I know he defends first and attacks second which until 5 minutes ago I hadn't realised was the key ingredient to playing in midfield. But surely his potent crossing ability is worth more than his phenominal ability to carry out the natural role of his fullback as described to him by his manager?

Meow! I'll let the bitchy reply go as I know the role that 'Mr Ferguson' (No 'Little Shane'?) plays in the team is close to your heart.

Anyway, yes that generally is the role of a fullback. So by that notion every typical fullback could play a holding role in midfield?

I thought he was 'a great crosser' and 'gets early crosses in' unlike *gulp* Jonas (grrrrr). So why take away 'Little Shane's' greatest strength to play him in centre midfield? I know I know he defends first and attacks second which until 5 minutes ago I hadn't realised was the key ingredient to playing in midfield. But surely his potent crossing ability is worth more than his phenominal ability to carry out the natural role of his fullback as described to him by his manager?

See, that's now two arsey posts you've made rather than just joining in with the conversation.

Yawn.

See, that's now two arsey posts you've made rather than just joining in with the conversation.

Yawn.

Surely following an exchange of posts is not beyond you?

Myself and Jonathan were discussing whether young Mr Fergusons best position is as a left back or left winger. My view was that he may be able to play the jonas role in the 433 (I'll assume you know what that is).

I say this as a lot of the times he has been brought on he looks as though he has come on with that very instruction defensive cover first and an outlet to relieve pressure and link up attack second. (Which he has usually carried out fairly well).

If you need any further help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

:lol: the very cheek.

:lol: the very cheek.

Nicely missing out his first post where he quotes me and say "what's this shit"!

:lol:

Honestly, if people want to debate, argue etc fine. But don't come the smart arse and then expect a proper discussion.

Lifes too short for Internet warriors. :(

Nicely missing out his first post where he quotes me and say "what's this shit"!

:lol:

Honestly, if people want to debate, argue etc fine. But don't come the smart arse and then expect a proper discussion.

Lifes too short for Internet warriors. :(

CT. I was having a bit of fun. Sorry if you thought otherwise. I understand 'Little Shane' is a sensitive issue. I'll hold off in the future.

FWIW, I don't think suggesting Ferguson could play centre midfield is worthy of a 'proper discussion'.

Guest CabayeAye

Ranger not anywhere near the first team or reserve squads. Can we expect the club to find a way to cancel his contract?

Campbell seems to be getting some positive press for his brief cameo yesterday. Excellent stuff.

anything more substantial than "and youngster Campbell took his opportunity well, looking a real prospect" kind of stuff?

Judging from the few highlights he was involved in he looks very quick. Looked like he could have won a pen too. Plus the nice little slide pass for Amalfi's chance.

He could be useful this season off the bench. His pace late in games could be pretty dangerous.

Judging from the few highlights he was involved in he looks very quick. Looked like he could have won a pen too. Plus the nice little slide pass for Amalfi's chance.

He could be useful this season off the bench. His pace late in games could be pretty dangerous.

Obertan with a brain?

Pardew's said tonight that Sammy is closest to being a big player. How do you like those onions CT? :razz:

Link? Context?

Proof will be what happens on the pitch and so far I'm still much more impressed in Fergusons appearances than Sammys.

Ferguson has obviously fallen down by missing all of pre season but I still think he'll come good this season. Has a tenacity about him that you don't see in a lot of players.

Bottom line though Newcastle come first so whoever comes good and helps the cause will get my support, even spidey.

Link? Context?

Proof will be what happens on the pitch and so far I'm still much more impressed in Fergusons appearances than Sammys.

Ferguson has obviously fallen down by missing all of pre season but I still think he'll come good this season. Has a tenacity about him that you don't see in a lot of players.

Bottom line though Newcastle come first so whoever comes good and helps the cause will get my support, even spidey.

:thumbsup:

Despite the Ferguson thing being a bit of a running joke I agree with you about him looking the most impressive of the youth.

Done much more in the first 11 than O'Brien ever did, O'Brien was all about his pace and nothing else. Ferguson has looked good every time I have seen him.

Won't be shocked if he is peddled but from what I have seen he looks a talent, the management/coaching staff don't seem to agree though :unsure2:

Done much more in the first 11 than O'Brien ever did, O'Brien was all about his pace and nothing else. Ferguson has looked good every time I have seen him.

Won't be shocked if he is peddled but from what I have seen he looks a talent, the management/coaching staff don't seem to agree though :unsure2:

Not sure why you say this bit. He was all set for part of the first team pre season until his hamstrung went. I think managers rightly, are only impressed with what they have to work with. Last year when roles were reversed it was Fergie getting the praise and not a peep about the injured Sammy.

The problem for them both is that with our new recruitment policy and the young talent being brought in, the club might simply out grow both of them very quickly.

Such is life and should produce a great scrap for places.

Campbell scored again for the reserves.

By all accounts as well at the talk in Pardew couldn't speak highly enough of him and he said hopefully at some point this season he can be involved in the first team too.