Leazes Mag

JawD

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: both perfectly reasonable views on Denver and Terry.

Both views are reasonable in the right context. If the the Denver one was about Afghan terrorists, and the John Terry one was about the 250,000 people in this country who understood the reasons for it, and sympathised with the 7/7 bombers, then he'd be spot on.

Both views are reasonable in the right context. If the the Denver one was about Afghan terrorists, and the John Terry one was about the 250,000 people in this country who understood the reasons for it, and sympathised with the 7/7 bombers, then he'd be spot on.

So if Denver was a town in Afghanistan and John Terry was a Muslim fundamentalist then?

So if Denver was a town in Afghanistan and John Terry was a Muslim fundamentalist then?

Well there's some comedy value there from LM, intentional or unintentional, and you have to say that's a positive.

He had a copy, but sold it for smack.

i just read it last week; what a wonderfully evocative, deeply moral book it is.

one interesting thing is just how far Tommy & Second Prize fall in "Trainspotting" from their social position in "Skagboys."

You need a poll? After 7 pages of general jubilation?

Jubilation by who? CT, ewerk and many others are questioning this. I hate writing this because I like most of the mods, and you've all come to this decision, but to be told there's no democratic vote on this because it's privately owned, takes the biscuits.

Jubilation by who? CT, ewerk and many others are questioning this. I hate writing this because I like most of the mods, and you've all come to this decision, but to be told there's no democratic vote on this because it's privately owned, takes the biscuits.

There's been years of trying to get Leazes to play the game so he wouldn't be banned. Chance after chance of asking him not to troll, and he still thinks it's perfectly sensible to compare the Terry situation with Abu Hamza. The Denver shooting with the UK immigration issue. The olympic football with the missing £35m. etc. just a few from the last fortnight after a cursory search this morning.

The hope was that after we had put a lot of effort into modding him, he'd start modding himself, as you have done yourself since your ban. He's gone the opposite way and the trolling is even more bizarre and tangental, the PMs and tweets more abusive and school playgroundesque.

I've always argued for him to stay, it must be a decade of defending his right to an opinion, wooly liberal that I am, but I don't want to hit 40 and still be arguing for the bloke. If he was that keen to stay, he would have been as reasonable as the rest of us can be.

I initially questioned the decision but have heard what the mods had to say I now believe it was the right decision.

Either way, I don't think it's anything to get too worked up about.

By and large, the boards a clique.

Renton threw his toys out, squealed loudest and it seems to me the mods responded in a spineless manner.

So we were spineless for not having the balls to ban him last time around and now we are spineless for banning him?

Priceless :lol:

By and large, the boards a clique.

Renton threw his toys out, squealed loudest and it seems to me the mods responded in a spineless manner.

It's like at school, well my school always saw itself as the best comprehensive on Tyneside, we had pupils who were made "prefects". I was never one, I'd have told them to fuck off if they asked me. Basically their function was to tell tales, keep the peace and set examples. I saw many a good lad behave like a tit because of their new found powers, although I'm not saying this is entirely the same situation.

It's like at school, well my school always saw itself as the best comprehensive on Tyneside, we had pupils who were made "prefects". I was never one, I'd have told them to fuck off if they asked me. Basically their function was to tell tales, keep the peace and set examples. I saw many a good lad behave like a tit because of their new found powers, although I'm not saying this is entirely the same situation.

Spot on, but it says more about LM than anyone else, given the amount of PMs he was capable of generating to tell tales on other posters. Never got one PM off anyone complaining about LM since I became a mod. Almost every PM in my inbox is from him asking me to do something about someone or other.

There's been years of trying to get Leazes to play the game so he wouldn't be banned. Chance after chance of asking him not to troll, and he still thinks it's perfectly sensible to compare the Terry situation with Abu Hamza. The Denver shooting with the UK immigration issue. The olympic football with the missing £35m. etc. just a few from the last fortnight after a cursory search this morning.

The hope was that after we had put a lot of effort into modding him, he'd start modding himself, as you have done yourself since your ban. He's gone the opposite way and the trolling is even more bizarre and tangental, the PMs and tweets more abusive and school playgroundesque.

I've always argued for him to stay, it must be a decade of defending his right to an opinion, wooly liberal that I am, but I don't want to hit 40 and still be arguing for the bloke. If he was that keen to stay, he would have been as reasonable as the rest of us can be.

Bottom line for me is that if the like of HF and JawD think the end had come then so be it. Obviously I have no idea what goes on in PM's or Twitter.

I see these two similar to fan reps on the board of NUFC (Not like than power mad Fist, washing his dirty linen with Gene :( )

Shame but time to move on. (to the next of Gemmils and Rentons bullying targets) ;)