Leazes Mag

JawD

When the mods changed over last time around some people were yelling for LM to be banned and some saying he should stay. If he is banned then mods/admin are Nazi. If he is not then they are too "namby pamby".

Well, bring on the Nazi posts :)

Just so you know, when the mods changed last time LM was given another chance. The slippery slope down to this point over several threads, not any single post, has us yet again discussing the same thing. so, to avoid the board ending up at the same place as previous, to avoid the predictable posts whatever the outcome at the close of the transfer window, and to avoid more posters disappearing as have over the last 24 months his account has been banned. No, it wont please some but as a board it has to be for the majority, not the few.

Most people wouldn't get a thread explaining someone had been banned, they just would be. But LM has been a poster here for long enough for a post to be done.

hitler.gif

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i've met LM in real life & he's a thoroughly decent, normal, middle-aged bloke; not really followed his stuff on here (though i know he's a Shepherd devotee, for inexplicable reasons i must say). surprised he's been banned, though he is typically xenophobic in his opinions; have many others been banned? what for?

it's certainly intriguing that he's been banned for effectively being so boring & repetitive that people aren't using the board as much. i suppose he is the nearest thing to a troll on here. i feel trolls blight messageboards.

i find the best way to avoid confrontation, other than self control, is to put posters who irritate / confront you on ignore; since i put 4 posters on here on ignore, i enjoy reading the board much more.

also, the chance to delete posts that, in retrospect, may be inflammatory, rather than simply editing them, is a superb touch.

Certain posters have appeared to be unable to avoid confrontation with him.

But, whatever, no big loss.

Let's be honest, he made it the easiest thing in the world to have that confrontation.

There's no one to blame but himself for it.

Let's be honest, he made it the easiest thing in the world to have that confrontation.

There's no one to blame but himself for it.

honestly i could see me, you & him sitting in The Trent upstairs, back in the day, having a crack on about football.

unlike the trolls i've put on ignore, LM is a time served NUFC fan

i find the best way to avoid confrontation, other than self control, is to put posters who irritate / confront you on ignore; since i put 4 posters on here on ignore, i enjoy reading the board much more.

also, the chance to delete posts that, in retrospect, may be inflammatory, rather than simply editing them, is a superb touch.

That option only really works once you've been on a board long enough to know who to ignore and who not to though Gene.

It was felt, with good reason, that many new and potential posters were being put off by him, and, more importantly , many regulars have simply stopped posting because of him.

The deed has been done, inevitably there will be a few members who don't agree with it, but it was long overdue.

Even Stevie was disagreeing with him at the end ;)

honestly i could see me, you & him sitting in The Trent upstairs, back in the day, having a crack on about football.

unlike the trolls i've put on ignore, LM is a time served NUFC fan

I've no doubt that's true , but on here , he was a beyond parody.

It was only ever going to go one way, now it's done , time to move on and up.

That option only really works once you've been on a board long enough to know who to ignore and who not to though Gene.

It was felt, with good reason, that many new and potential posters were being put off by him, and, more importantly , many regulars have simply stopped posting because of him.

The deed has been done, inevitably there will be a few members who don't agree with it, but it was long overdue.

i see your point & since i'm generally only interested in the General Chat board as a poster, he doesn't affect me.

however, there's 1 poster of the 4 i have on ignore (the other 3 are just daft, boring trolls) who i think is a dangerous, unhinged man & a probable cause of people leaving this board - banning him would no doubt increase the flow of traffic.

however, you lot run the place; i just drop by to talk about music mainly....

i see your point & since i'm generally only interested in the General Chat board as a poster, he doesn't affect me.

however, there's 1 poster of the 4 i have on ignore (the other 3 are just daft, boring trolls) who i think is a dangerous, unhinged man & a probable cause of people leaving this board - banning him would no doubt increase the flow of traffic.

however, you lot run the place; i just drop by to talk about music mainly....

:lol:

I can guess who you refer too.

Just need to make clear that I was in favour of this decision too. Frankly we've better things to do than moderate him daily and watch other posters leave because of him. There will be those who don't like it, but a final decision was long overdue and tonight it's done.

Onwards and upwards.

The ole Renton bait and switch... :lol:

He comes in says Wolfy is mental and asks his employment status and gets all up close and personal on the poor fucker and Leazes gets banned.

Edited by Park Life

Plus 1

Bad show :(

Least surprising post of the year so far

Must, and could, do better

The ole Renton bait and switch... :lol:

He comes in says Wolfy is mental and asks his employment status and gets all up close and personal on the poor fucker and Leazes gets banned.

:lol:

Believe what you want to believe