Champions league next season.

wolfy

I have a feeling we can actually make the champions league next season based on us keeping the players we have and buying just 1 or 2 new players, one of which ideally would be a centre back and maybe a striker or Debuchy at right back.

The reason I say this is because I'm impressed with the two young lads brought in Amalfitano and Bigirimana, who I think will play a very useful part for us this season.

I know many fans have worried about the strength in depth of this squad and think we cannot compete on the big stage whilst also taking part in all cup competitions but I think we are in fine fettle and just a small kick in the arse from being top to bottom solid and strong.

I know we all tend to think that we don't possess the quality of those at the top and I would agree in terms of Man City and Chelsea, plus maybe Man Utd, yet I don't see any other teams that can boast any better (squad wise) than what we have at our disposal in terms of quality and heart, plus an in the trench attitude.

The Champions League is a scheme conducted by the government to secretly sneak mind control chemicals into the stadiums and control the populace.

They aren't even players, they're just holograms and we're all in the matrix. WAKE UP!

The Champions League is a scheme conducted by the government to secretly sneak mind control chemicals into the stadiums and control the populace.

They aren't even players, they're just holograms and we're all in the matrix. WAKE UP!

Aye. But apart from that, I still think our hologram squad , with the aid of the mind controlled support we give it, can actually make the Champions league.

I'm going along with whatever Accadacca's prediction is.

:lol:

Fwiw, I don't think we'll get European competition via the league.

We haven't got a chance of getting into the Champions League.

Top ten finish and a Cup run ( still just a dream to actually win a fuckin' cup ) will do me.

We do have a real chance of winning goal of the season with Papiss Cisse in the team like.

Historically we do worse the season after getting in to Europe. I dont see that changing. I think the up and coming players will get much more playing time this season but with that comes a lack of experience.

I'd love us to just get back into Europe again through whatever position that is.

What a bunch of negative twats. :lol:

We've got an even better chance than we had last year and last year it came down to the last game of the season ffs.

So far its looking like the same group of lads with a couple of quality additions. First full season for Ba and Cisse as a lethal double act. Proper full season back for fit again Ben Arfa. Marveaux looking fit and clinical on the ball. Manager of the year in charge. Whole host of promising youngsters biting at the bit.

We'll piss it (to steal a phrase).

Guest CabayeAye

We haven't got a chance of getting into the Champions League.

Top ten finish and a Cup run ( still just a dream to actually win a fuckin' cup ) will do me.

We do have a real chance of winning goal of the season with Papiss Cisse in the team like.

I'd be livid with 10th. Our squad is head and shoulders above 'the rest'. We should comfortably finish 7th, and Liverpool and Spurs are there for the taking.

What a bunch of negative twats. :lol:

We've got an even better chance than we had last year and last year it came down to the last game of the season ffs.

How's that like?

I'd be livid with 10th. Our squad is head and shoulders above 'the rest'. We should comfortably finish 7th, and Liverpool and Spurs are there for the taking.

I'd be happy with 4th bottom and a Cup.

I wonder how many Mags would rather have that than a top 4, 5 or 6th place ?

Your theory might hold weight CT if we didn't have a tougher schedule and those teams around us stood still.

I guess you mean Europe. Yes there is that but I would have thought Pardew will rotate the squad anyway leaving a full squad of match fit players biting at the bit. The likes of the second 11 should be sharp as anything as they will be getting plenty of game time.

And lets not get too carried away with the competition. Everyone thought Liverpool would be shit hot last year and Man U and Chelsea didnt fare to well against Ba and Cisse.

Bring it on ......... in less that 3 WEEEEEEEEEEEKS :)

Second 11?

The first team squad that don't play week in, week out, but are too good for the reserves.

They get very little "real" game time and have to rely on training sessions. This year they should feature a lot which will not only bring them on personally, but have them ready for the first team should they be needed.

Guest CabayeAye

I'd be happy with 4th bottom and a Cup.

I wonder how many Mags would rather have that than a top 4, 5 or 6th place ?

I'd be happy with that too. But 4th bottom and a cup final would be dog shit. No one ever waxes lyrical about Gullit and Dalgleish for getting us to Wembley.