Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's been thrown together in a day or two, but is it just me or is that video utter shit?

J69 has done better youtube lip syncs in his bedroom.

Up your game Adidas.

...though, yes, it's worth the Ennis ogle.

Ennis is UNBELIVABLE like. Pendelton as well. She was at university same time as me, opportunity lost there like. Yeah, right..

Now, I wasn't having a dig at Becky Adlington, I'm just saying that the BBC treated her like a no-hoper who had turned up and done really well..not a 2 time defending champion who had lost both titles..it was kind of sweeped under the carpet rather than discussed. Just saying like..

Ennis is UNBELIVABLE like. Pendelton as well. She was at university same time as me, opportunity lost there like. Yeah, right..

Now, I wasn't having a dig at Becky Adlington, I'm just saying that the BBC treated her like a no-hoper who had turned up and done really well..not a 2 time defending champion who had lost both titles..it was kind of sweeped under the carpet rather than discussed. Just saying like..

Alreet Frankie Boyle!

I think the whole country is in love with Jess.

And how about Laura Trott - with those space age helmets and the incredible, ruthless way they relentlessly hunted down and destroyed their opposition, the cycling team don't seem human. Particularly after seeing the sprint team seamlessly weave in and out, then line up together to cross the line, I'm amazed to see people underneath at all, let alone a giggly, charming and cute as a button 20 year old.

Just finished watching the highlights programme, my word the BBC are good at what they do. Just fantastic.

You lot have seen one or two short interviews with Laura Trott and from that are making her out to be some sort of perfect woman.

The footballers some so deride come across alright in post-match interviews too...

What I'm saying is that that Katarina Johnson-Thompson is better or that Gemma Gibbons is better, or that Jade Jones or that rower, or that sprinter

Edited by Monroe Transfer

I know it's been thrown together in a day or two, but is it just me or is that video utter shit?

J69 has done better youtube lip syncs in his bedroom.

Up your game Adidas.

...though, yes, it's worth the Ennis ogle.

Thats Brock not me :lol:

Ennis is unbelievable in that video. What a lady.

Aye, it's not just that she has an incredible figure, but her personality seems to shine through in every interview, every video, every photo.

Wimmin, put down the gossip rags and crack a fucking smile :boss:

Pendleton as well. :sweat:

Edited by The Fish

This is what annoyed me about the closing ceremony.

We had two weeks of fantastic sports, women looking amazing through hard work and dedication to sport. Women on the front pages of newspapers world wide and websites for being healthy and winning and looking great.

Then *bang* we have a "fashion show" celebrating vain women who have eating disorders, personality disorders to boot with it all in the proceeeds of selling stuff to women who think they will become gorgeous if they buy the next fashion item and then *bang* the Spice Bags, the only one who looks decent now and good is Mel C.

So basically any day now The Sun will reveal she gave up two kids for adoption to concentrate on her sport, has split up a few marriages and tested positive....... Etc etc

Then don't buy the Sun, or Closer, or watch itv, etc.

We had two weeks of fantastic sports, women looking amazing through hard work and dedication to sport. Women on the front pages of newspapers world wide and websites for being healthy and winning and looking great.

Then *bang* we have a "fashion show" celebrating vain women who have eating disorders, personality disorders to boot with it all in the proceeeds of selling stuff to women who think they will become gorgeous if they buy the next fashion item and then *bang* the Spice Bags, the only one who looks decent now and good is Mel C.

Completely agree. Seeing Jessie J (for the first time out of three) was the start of the comedown, but when Bowie came on I was lifted for 30 seconds, then I saw they took the most literal take on the song, and kate moss strutted down the makeshift catwalk, the sober light of day had never burned so badly.

Edited by ADP

I'm with y Wikko. Left a sour taste that. Turned it back into 'personality' rather than the great 'people' spirit the 2 weeks did so spectacularly well.

Tell y what stunk worse than bagged shite in that already repugnant bit of the ceremony .

Could hear the stadium PA reeling off names . . "Burberry, Paul Smith, ,, Stella Mcartney, Victoria Beckham "