Match of the Day

The Fish

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcel Desailly shouting at everyone is always quite funny to watch.

Leonardo was brilliant when he did the WC a few years ago.

Desailly was fucking class. :lol: Was like he'd just had some wizz before going in front of the camera.

Pundits aside, how would you shake up the format?

Full on analysis of the key event/story of the day (Neville's making his position on diving was great tv) or sack off all of the "experts" and just show the goals to music/commentary?

the relaxed Goals on Sunday approach with a couple of guests on a sofa brief chats then back to the goals? Or stick with the more formal "Expert Analysis" like Monday Night Football? Match of the Day seems to be shooting for both and getting neither. It's informal because Hansen and Lawrenson look bored of talking about football and the other mopes they get on add nothing to it.

Goals on Sunday lends itself to morning TV. You couldn't apply that approach to MOTD when most people are pissed and trying to stay awake until their team comes on, whilst trying not to burn the pizza that they've just stuck in the oven.

That's not a time for relaxed sofa chat.

Goals on Sunday lends itself to morning TV. You couldn't apply that approach to MOTD when most people are pissed and trying to stay awake until their team comes on, whilst trying not to burn the pizza that they've just stuck in the oven.

That's not a time for relaxed sofa chat.

:lol: fair point.

See I'd want them to get guests on to shake things up each week, but I couldn't bear it if it turned into forced fun.

Believe me when I say Shearer and Lawro sound like Confucian sages compared to the gang of idiots that can be found commentating/doing "punditry" on American TV. Alexi Lalas, Kasey Keller, Brian McBride...I just want to shrivel up and die. Getting 100+ caps for the shitty '90s USA side doesn't mean you are in any way shape or form qualified to comment on football.

ESPN occasionally has Ballack on so it isn't a total disaster, but for every informed foreigner they have 2-3 Yank morons spouting off about "turnovers" - and they ain't fucking talking about pastries.

I'd ban anyone wearing any of those shit slim-fit shirts with epaulettes.

Lawro needs to stop trying to fit in with shearer and "links" by wearing them with his gut and moob combo.

Crooks is fucking ridiculous. Asks a shit question then fixes the interviewee with his I'm filling my nappy face. And seems to genuinely believe he's some sort of great thinker.

Can't stand him. When he's a pundit, whenever he says anything he leans forward in his chair, waves his hand around, staring at Logan or whoever with his unblinking bulbous eyes, then sits back in his chair after he's finished gabbling on, looking like a smug bastard having just imparted the greatest wisdom of all time upon a grateful audience. Every fucking time.

Was Dixon binned or did he walk? Towards the end of the season it did look a bit like BBC were freezing him out a bit. Out of the regular MOTD pundits, I thought he was probably the best 'cos he was the only one who seemed to try, especially with tactics, and didn't seem to worry about disagreeing with the rest of them.

Of their guests, the best I think were Leonardo, and recently Vialli, who I thought was absolutely class at the Euros. Jurgen seems ok some of the time, but would probably become like the rest if he was on more regularly. Better than Adebayor at the World Cup, what a disaster he was.

I can't see the beeb shaking up MOTD too much, really. Hansen needs to either shut up with the cliches (have you noticed he says like pretty much every sentance, very annoying) or move on. For me, I would like to see a bit more debate or tactical analysis than they do at the moment, rather than just reviewing to death exactly what we've just seen in the highlights. Obviously you need to go over the key areas, but they don't seem to really cover the tactics in any real detail. Haven't seen much of MNF since Neville has been on, does he do a bit more of this sort of thing?

Can't stand him. When he's a pundit, whenever he says anything he leans forward in his chair, waves his hand around, staring at Logan or whoever with his unblinking bulbous eyes, then sits back in his chair after he's finished gabbling on, looking like a smug bastard having just imparted the greatest wisdom of all time upon a grateful audience. Every fucking time.

:crylaughin:

Dixon was a shite pundit too.

The likes of Vialli and Seedorf put the Beeb's usual crew to shame.

Seedorf is a nice bloke but never ever says anything relevant, if you looked at a transcript of what he says you'd wonder what the fuck he's doing on there, but he's an European legend, with teeth that could light up a dark room so he gets away with it.

Seedorf is a nice bloke but never ever says anything relevant, if you looked at a transcript of what he says you'd wonder what the fuck he's doing on there, but he's an European legend, with teeth that could light up a dark room so he gets away with it.

Reported.

Got to agree here, like. He's a cool looking fucker, got a superb record as a footballer but never came across as a football Yoda. Still much better than Patrick Viera who genuinely seemed clueless.