Happy 4th July to all our American posters

Gemmill

Happy 4th of July to all the yanks on here.

Belting country the US, some of the friendliest most enthusiatic people you'll ever meet. Not without it's problems (such as the fucked up political system) but spend any decent amount of time there and you can't fail to find some part about it that you love.

Some woeful negative chat on here from people who clearly know fuck all about the country.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and while we're on about those fat pie eating twats, for every positive there are 100 negatives about them. Vietnam, Bay Of Pigs, you name it. The worst was bombing Nagasaki when they knew the Japs were about surrender. Cunts. Fuck them. Biggest evil in the world today collectively, regardless how many "enthusiastic" pro-plus pill popping twats there are in the country. See the yanks 1 in 20th of the world population, 1 fifth of the world's pollution. Disgrace of a nation.

...and while we're on about those fat pie eating twats, for every positive there are 100 negatives about them. Vietnam, Bay Of Pigs, you name it. The worst was bombing Nagasaki when they knew the Japs were about surrender. Cunts. Fuck them. Biggest evil in the world today collectively, regardless how many "enthusiastic" pro-plus pill popping twats there are in the country. See the yanks 1 in 20th of the world population, 1 fifth of the world's pollution. Disgrace of a nation.

As a matter of interest, have you spent much time there (or even been there)?

As for the enthusiasm, it's not just 'pro-plus pill popping twats' (if these people do indeed exist), a lot of them are genuinely warm people without the cynicism that we have. Don't get me wrong, I like our cynicism but some times it's refreshing to meet people with none of that.

We're in no position to call any nation a disgrace given our history, they are a new country making some of the same mistakes we made in our past.

World's war 2 is part of the reason you dislike Americans :lol: If we are looking way back when, the British Empire participated in some less than noble pursuits too

Some amazing stuff comes out of America, some absolute shit as well. Tis a good place to holiday not sure I'd want to live there.

Btw I agree that your average American is an insular, racist, homophobic, religious nut who genuinely wouldn't care if the world beyond their borders ceased to exist.

The actual place though, from the beaches of Florida to the sky line in NY to the New England Autumn's to the Appalachian Mountains to the Grand Canyon to Vegas and everywhere in between is pretty amazing for One country.

Btw I agree that your average American is an insular, racist, homophobic, religious nut who genuinely wouldn't care if the world beyond their borders ceased to exist.

The actual place though, from the beaches of Florida to the sky line in NY to the New England Autumn's to the Appalachian Mountains to the Grand Canyon to Vegas and everywhere in between is pretty amazing for One country.

not sure about that one, average i doubt it. but there are certain places where those things are true. i've met loads of very cool people in the states, that don't fit any of the traits mentioned above.

i do agree on the depth and breadth of different things to see all in one country, course it doesn't hold a candle to its northern cousin

Your average American is racist? What a xenophobic comment.

Especially from a nation thats never had a black prime minister.

Blame our political parties for having no black candidates. Not the population for voting for someone who doesn't exist

Blame our political parties for having no black candidates. Not the population for voting for someone who doesn't exist

I didn't want to suggst we're a racist nation. i just wanted to say America largely isn't either. I wouldn't level that accusation at a nation with a black president, and with a 27% non-white population (compared to our 10%).

Similar story with religion too. They have as many people who answer "none" as we do. Shouldn't take Louis Theroux and similar extreme examples and then talk about averages.