Harry Has Gone!

Christmas Tree

There is that, but he seems a man of principle, maybe he wants a club who's finances aren't artificially supported. You could never see Wenger managing PSG, Man City or Chelsea for example.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howay man, how are we in the top 20 clubs in Europe. You can't just point to the size of the ground and the gates and make claims like this.

Financially we're 22nd aren't we, we were the highest placed out of clubs not in Europe along with Villa, that will change this year with European football.

Silly season has hit Stevie incredibly hard it seems, I still can't wait to find out what he was on about in my sig

It's interesting when someone becomes a mod they always develop their cheeky side, it happened to Ant, but not as much as it has to you. Heaven for bid The Fish is made a moderator.

What does that mean above anyway?

It's interesting when someone becomes a mod they always develop their cheeky side, it happened to Ant, but not as much as it has to you. Heaven for bid The Fish is made a moderator.

What does that mean above anyway?

some of your euro pointers and at that point I thought you had also called Harry Redknapp a man of principle so I withdraw it

some of your euro pointers and at that point I thought you had also called Harry Redknapp a man of principle so I withdraw it

He's a crook, but listening to people right through the game you get the impression Allardyce is the biggest one of the lot.

Coming fifth in the top/second top league and being above the European Champions domestically. Squad at the minute plus infrastructure with fans etc easy lands us there.

:lol: We were in the Championship two years ago man. Were we outside the top 100 then?

:lol: We were in the Championship two years ago man. Were we outside the top 100 then?

Juventus were in Serie B were they not one of the top 20 clubs in Europe then? I'm talking about now, we are in and around the top 20/25 clubs in Europe on any level. The fact we can go to Ajax and sign a player who's a big asset to them suggests we are anyway.

Juventus were in Serie B were they not one of the top 20 clubs in Europe then? I'm talking about now, we are in and around the top 20/25 clubs in Europe on any level. The fact we can go to Ajax and sign a player who's a big asset to them suggests we are anyway.

they were artificially relegated and came right back up and have now won the title

they situation could barely be more different

they were artificially relegated and came right back up and have now won the title

they situation could barely be more different

The only difference was they were artificially relegated, and the implication was our relegation effects our status now. It doesn't, the same as being in the Champions League less than 10 years ago doesn't neither. Where we are now is where we are and I don't think there are twenty better clubs in Europe to manage than Newcastle. 5 or 6 in England possibly, 3 in Spain presently, 3 in Italy, 2 in Germany, 2 in France then you're struggling.

You'd struggle to find anyone outside of Newcastle that would agree with that assessment. It's ludicrously biased.

I don't think you would. Had this conversation just last week with an old Chelsea business associate as it goes, and he agreed.

It depends on your knowledge of football and how contrary you are as to whether or not you accept it to be honest. We're talking top 20/25 not top 10, it's not even an argument. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Man City, Man Utd, Inter, Milan, Juventus, BVB, Bayern Munich, maybe Schalke because of their new found wealth, PSG see the last one. Who are much more attractive than Newcastle to manage outside of those clubs I've mentioned in Europe. Roma? Napoli? Valencia? Sevilla? Celtic pmsl? I don't think so.

It depends on your knowledge of football and how contrary you are as to whether or not you accept it to be honest.

:lol: That's convenient for you. Alternatively it depends on having a ridiculously biased and overly favourable opinion of NUFC's standing that you're incapable of seeing past.

It's one of the two anyway.

There aren't more than 25 clubs bigger than us in Europe IMO.

We're in a tier with about 20-30 others though all sharing joint 25th. :lol:

Exactly. We're an also ran. We're not in the top anything.

I made that club smile again. It became a fun place to go to work. It was transformed in every respect.

Even the long slog up the motorway most mornings from Bournemouth wasn’t a problem ... because Tottenham was alive again.

If the club wants to go in a different direction now, that’s up to them.

But even if I say so myself, I did a fantastic job there.

:lol: