Parents arrested in Derby fire deaths

Jan

Guardian circulation has halved as the internet has grown.

Daily Mail circulation has only lost a quarter.

It's cos guardian readers tend to have opposoble thumbs which aids mouse use.

Guardian circulation has halved as the internet has grown.

Daily Mail circulation has only lost a quarter.

It's cos guardian readers tend to have opposoble thumbs which aids mouse use.

the daily mail website has become the world's most read newspaper website. it even overtook the new york times in the states. hard to believe but the world loves celebrity gossip and sex scandals.

All three of them are utter scum. Any parent would die to protect their kids - they put their kids in mortal danger in attempt to protect their own finances.

The bloke didn't work and wouldn't work despite that documentary finding him a job. As soon as the cameras weren't there he f**ked off. And by all accounts he did nothing for the kids either - his missus and mistress did all that while he sat around doing sweet FA. The kids were his trophies that gave him mileage to rip off the benefits system. I sincerely hope fun times in the showers awaits him.

As for the Daily Mail - there's nothing that can be written about that filthy rag that hasn't be said already.

Not a paper reader in the norm but just had a Google to see the figures and quite surprised at the difference in circulation between The Daily Mail and Guardian.

1,800,000 v 200,000

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_the_United_Kingdom_by_circulation#section_1

Assumed the Guardian was quite a reasonable size prior to viewing that.

End of the day the each play to their own audience.

End of the day the Guardian is a fine example of journalstic professionalism, morality and integrity whereas the Mail is a racist, homophobic, indoctrination machine that the loathsome right wing rich use to brainwash the minds of those too stupid to know any better.

I think I've said before that there must be something wrong with people who read the mail - the number I see reading it on the train on the way into work who by the so called values of that paper have a really good life but still need hate figures to make them "happy" suggests a deep psychosis and a definite unwllingness to examine those values in the light of what must be deep-rooted unhappiness.

I'd love to see a poster campaign at the next election along the lines of "Read the Mail? - then you're a cunt".

Hard to know where to begin with something like this. The situation, the events, the people responsible, and then the reporting angle on it... fucking hell. :(

BG4RK3dCcAAbUzs.jpg

Someone wants fucked for that headline. There's innocent kids in that picture who are dead and that's their headline? Horrible.

I think I've said before that there must be something wrong with people who read the mail - the number I see reading it on the train on the way into work who by the so called values of that paper have a really good life but still need hate figures to make them "happy" suggests a deep psychosis and a definite unwllingness to examine those values in the light of what must be deep-rooted unhappiness.

I'd love to see a poster campaign at the next election along the lines of "Read the Mail? - then you're a cunt".

My Dad sometimes reads it. :lol:

(He hates the Tories and is a likeable bloke, is working class and genuinely doesn't like racism either. Maybe it's a pensioner thing?)

My Dad sometimes reads it. :lol:

(He hates the Tories and is a likeable bloke, is working class and genuinely doesn't like racism either. Maybe it's a pensioner thing?)

You're possibly right on the pensioner thing - my Mam used to read it occasionally and she certainly wasn't politically naive but said she could ignore their bile and still use it just to pass the time.

You're possibly right on the pensioner thing - my Mam used to read it occasionally and she certainly wasn't politically naive but said she could ignore their bile and still use it just to pass the time.

To be fair when we're visiting he'll sometimes point out some of their headlines/writing and call them 'Arseholes' his favourite putdown remark. :D

That Philpott's psychopathy and fundamental, extremist attitudes to, and treatment of, women has been overlooked and replaced for a discussion regarding the benefits system in a shameless attempt at political point-scoring by the Daily Mail and then one George Osborne, is perhaps the most thoroughly depressing, absurdist statement/ntion that has come from this government. By disregarding the core element - and, possibly, catalyst - of the tragedy (Philpott's abusive treatment of, and views on, women, which deserve an interrogation on a social level as many men hold similar alarming ideas, and a similar perspective on women), Osborne and the Daily Mail have aligned genuine disability, unemployment in a time of recession, and the benefit system with (and passively suggested it is a cause of) amongst other things psychopathy, brutality, the degradation of humanity, and general amorality. So fucked up, so wrong, so very sad and what's worse is that I can do absolutely fuck all to rectify the irrationality of the situation. The shamelessness of it man, it's almost comical. :/

Not sure what Osbourne was thinking.

I think it's quite obvious what the utterly evil cunt was thinking. Probably rubbed his hands with glee when this story broke as a chance to futher demonise the poor.