Parents arrested in Derby fire deaths

Jan

I was horrified at what happened to those children, but it all seemed way to extreme to be a work of someone else outside the family. I have no idea what makes people do that to children especially their own parents. But how many times have you seen people giving press conferences pleading for the safe return of their missing family member when they have committed the crime in the first place.

innocent until proven guilty there jan

I think it works more along the lines of guilty until proven innocent and then everyone still thinks their guilty. I do hope its all a mistake and they are innocent, but there will be no crumb of comfort as they will still have lost 6 kids.

I saw a documentary a while back and it showed a copper saying whenever they suspect a family person they try and get them to do an appeal video to see there reaction and have a couple of psychologists watching them too. Now whenever i see one I think uh oh.

I saw a documentary a while back and it showed a copper saying whenever they suspect a family person they try and get them to do an appeal video to see there reaction and have a couple of psychologists watching them too. Now whenever i see one I think uh oh.

Sure it wasn't on Criminal Minds? ;)

This may be true, I watched the video of them " crying" but hardly any tears ?

I just thought guilty straight away, that was after the arrests however.

Maybe those experts could see through them ?

I'd say yes they could.

That's bollocks like. I mean no-one's arrested the McCanns...

That's bollocks like. I mean no-one's arrested the McCanns...

I wouldn't like to encourage the idea that the suggestion has any value but he did say 'suspect'. So dismissing it on the basis of the police not arresting the McCanns is pretty meaningless.

• 10 months later...
Hard to know where to begin with something like this. The situation, the events, the people responsible, and then the reporting angle on it... fucking hell. :(

BG4RK3dCcAAbUzs.jpg

What scum that newspaper is

He worked didn't he?

Reports said he was an undertaker.

Don't think so. Featured in a documentary with Anne Widdecombe where he was offered work but refused it. I knew I recognised him from somewhere like.

He's utter scum like. What's the Mail's excuse?

The Daily Mail has almost become a comedy version of itself. All of the ott headlines that people used to make up to take the piss out of it are now actually being put up for real.

It really is a pathetic rag.

Not a paper reader in the norm but just had a Google to see the figures and quite surprised at the difference in circulation between The Daily Mail and Guardian.

1,800,000 v 200,000

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_the_United_Kingdom_by_circulation#section_1

Assumed the Guardian was quite a reasonable size prior to viewing that.

End of the day the each play to their own audience.