Euro 2012 Catch-all Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Italian descendent, you are a very immature racist prick.

Apologies, no malice meant. Stevie once racially abused me under the misguided impression I was Italian so I feel your pain.

I am quite immature though.

Apologies, no malice meant. Stevie once racially abused me under the misguided impression I was Italian so I feel your pain.

I am quite immature though.

No problem, I over reacted a wee bit.

Came out and reinforced his stance on technology in the game too.

Despite the fans wanting it, the players wanting it, the coaches wanting it, the referees wanting it (I imagine), the media wanting it, the sponsors wanting it, Sepp fucking Blatter (!) wanting it... Michel 'Clueless' Platini is against goal-line tech.

because he thinks technology will invade every aspect of the game if he allows it

in Platinis mind, goal line technology = skynet

and not just a collection of cameras

Yup.

I'm not sure why he struggles to understand the difference between goal-line tech and other technlogical possibilites.

Goal-line tech is simple - it's either yes or no, the ball crossed the line or it didn't. No human error, no discrepancies, It is what it is.

Introducing some sort of technology to determine if too much contact has been made on a player during a tackle would be taking it a step too far, for example.

Let's face it the extra officials that were introduced have been useless and part of me thinks they've been told to be quiet for some silly reason, such is their inability to influence the decisions they're supposed to be there for.

they aren't there to make decisions as far as I can tell

they seem to be there to discourage misbehaviour in the box but not actually do anything

Source?

“How is that you’re seeing more goals scored in these championships? I think you know the answer: five officials makes things easier,” Platini told reporters in Warsaw.

“With extra officials you’re aware of more things: the fear of getting caught is there. There’s no more shirt-pulling, players know that the referee is there and they can’t commit fouls all the time,” he added.

“With five, officials see everything. They don’t take decisions without being fully aware. There’s also a uniformity of refereeing, for example, they don’t call unintentional handballs. That uniformity has led to more flowing football.”

Platini said that with five officials, an incident like Frank Lampard’s disallowed goal during England’s match with Germany in the World Cup last 16 would never have happened.

The former France captain said he expected the guardians of football’s laws to allow goal-line technology to be introduced into the sport, as world governing body FIFA president Sepp Blatter backs the system.

But Platini again stated his position that its introduction could be a slippery slope.

“Goal-line technology isn’t a problem. The problem is the arrival of technology because after you’ll need technology for deciding handballs and then for offside decisions and so on. It’ll be like that forever and ever,” he added.

“It’ll never stop. That’s the problem I have.”

http://dawn.com/2012...-goals-platini/

ne strikers for spain again

Incoming bore fest on the cards

I don't understand it, given they've looked their most dangerous with a striker on the pitch and that the Italians are hardly going to over-reach and permit the Spaniards the time and space in the Italian half to play their dicky-spacka

Mrs PL has just said "there's more red ones than blue ones..." :lol:

no one was saying they were boring when they were twatting Ireland either.....best team in the competition by country mile, regardless of formation.

ne strikers for spain again

Incoming bore fest on the cards

You were saying... :razz:

Italy playing into Spain's hands here. Not compact or deep enough letting them play the balls they like ala the alba goal and the pass for fabregas before setting up silva