Donna Summer

Meenzer

Disco singer Donna Summer dies

US singer Donna Summer, famous for disco hits including I Feel Love, Love To Love You Baby and Love's Unkind, has died at the age of 63.

Summer was one of the most popular artists of the disco movement and won five Grammy Awards between 1978 and 97.

Her collaborations with producer Giorgio Moroder helped define the genre, as well as having a huge influence on the synth pop sound.

She had 29 UK top 40 singles during her career, which began in 1975.

Said "enough is enough". :rip:

I love that song, particularly the intro.

It's been getting lots of airplay on Smooth FM lately and I hate it if it comes on when I have passengers and can't have a good sing.

Have to contain the inner mincer :lol:

Rip

Edited by Christmas Tree

"I feel love" was pretty much the first electronic dance record to break through what used to be charmingly called "the hit parade"...the original 1977 recording was produced by Giorgio err "Molester" himself :lol:

rip Donna da Diva

You need a synth expert to confirm but i think its called a 16th sequenced arpeggio or something. You hear it on loads of tracks (Age of Love etc), formed the backbone to a lot of hi-energy tracks (which you used to hear at lot in Rockshots in the late 80s early 90s). The rhythm is structured similar to a motorik (a bum-tish on the 16th) beat but uses the arpeggios of Tangerine dream synths. Most importantly, when you take acid, it looks like a fractal.

You need a synth expert to confirm but i think its called a 16th sequenced arpeggio or something. You hear it on loads of tracks (Age of Love etc), formed the backbone to a lot of hi-energy tracks (which you used to hear at lot in Rockshots in the late 80s early 90s). The rhythm is structured similar to a motorik (a bum-tish on the 16th) beat but uses the arpeggios of Tangerine dream synths. Most importantly, when you take acid, it looks like a fractal.

Aye, confirmed. Still love that sound. I think if there was one track that sent me down the dance music path it was probably I Feel Love.

Aye, confirmed. Still love that sound. I think if there was one track that sent me down the dance music path it was probably I Feel Love.

before my time, but I saw Darth Vader,some Storm Troopers & "oblgatory fit as fuck bird in futuristic black ( and enoromous) boob tube" perform some mix of it in a circus tent in the early 90s...fuck knows where mind...

One track that got me into dance music?..... your love by frankie knuckles... but it went tits up after that, some of the shit we used to listen to....jungle, "happy hardcore" etc etc...fuckin "kill me now!!" stuff nowadays...