TV money up £6m

Happy Face

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye I remember Ginola saying that the French view money like that, and treat rich people with scorn. Apparently they're even worse though when the people with the money are french, I remember him saying that they'll go down to San Tropez and admire all of the multi-million pound yachts, but if they think a Frenchman owns it they'll spit on the ground.

Obviously Wenger is French but he was brought and lived around Strasbourg for most of his life, which is a mile from Germany. You'll know better than me, but I think it's inevitable that people in that part of France are strongly influenced by the kraut way. Emotionless, efficient, methodical and robotic. They're not bad things to have as a manager.

I think in the book I've told you about, it says he studied [and supported] Borussia Monchengladbach when he was a kid/teenager too.

Aye I remember Ginola saying that the French view money like that, and treat rich people with scorn. Apparently they're even worse though when the people with the money are french, I remember him saying that they'll go down to San Tropez and admire all of the multi-million pound yachts, but if they think a Frenchman owns it they'll spit on the ground.

Obviously Wenger is French

Is that why he wears that fucking tramps coat? ;)

Clueless about Roman though.

Abramovich was importing Lada's from Poland and running a toy factory at the same age Chez was monged out in Uni Bar. The man is as hard as nails and a genius.

As are you, if you want the real story, it's blacker than Chez's description, so various and disparate Russians have told me over a period of time. Notwithstanding his "genius".

The French pay massive taxes on yachts and other stuff and they aren't allowed to register in Monaco and the like if they are French. That's why althought Monaco is the back yard of gliterrati for the industry, very few big boats are French owned. It's a similar story with the Germans, although places lake Hamburg have the super-rich they restrain themselves to buying yachts upto about 30m and most are moored around the Spanish side of the med.

Unlike Chez I've met Roman a couple of times and his buyer in Hamburg is someone I have a sushi with sometimes. It's ridiculous to suggest that he isn't one very smart cookie and also someone who came from nowhere and nothing and got himself 'under the wing' of some very big Ruskies although unlike them he doesn't 'drink' and unlike a lot of them he ain't sitting in jail...Go figure...

HF talking about comparing us to Arsenal (a project more than a decade in the making) and Spurs (half a decade in the making) is seriously misguided, although standard fare as a 'talking point' on here. :lol:

Our club has taken the first tentative step back into the big blue yonder that is Euro football and all the 'catchalls' that comes with that. The bank will look even stronger another year down the road. But in all reality our 'project' is just beginning and we've had that spoonful of luck (I agree with Stevie and HF on that), that we have been OWED for god knows how long...So I don't feel bad about that at all. Of course we aren't going to roll over sides as Arsenal and Spurs do from time to time, but the signs are there that this is becoming more of a reality as the days go by. Well handled and carefully nurtured there is no reason we can't challenge for CL next (and I think we will).

The future is NOT WRITTEN. Just ask Roman. :)

As are you, if you want the real story, it's blacker than Chez's description, so various and disparate Russians have told me over a period of time. Notwithstanding his "genius".

Really dark like what?...The financial scam that has left millions without a hom in America? :lol:

The use of phosphorous skyburst bombs on civilians in Palestine?

Give me a ballpark idea of 'dark' then we can talk. :lol:

Big business and future of nations is always 'dark'. You perhaps believe in fairytales.

HF talking about comparing us to Arsenal (a project more than a decade in the making) and Spurs (half a decade in the making) is seriously misguided, although standard fare as a 'talking point' on here. :lol:

I responded to someone else who brought up Spurs and Arse

Really dark like what?...The financial scam that has left millions without a hom in America? :lol:

The use of phosphorous skyburst bombs on civilians in Palestine?

Give me a ballpark idea of 'dark' then we can talk. :lol:

Big business and future of nations is always 'dark'. You perhaps believe in fairytales.

Parky ripping open his trenchcoat to reveal dynamite sticks of truth.

:lol: Still doesnt change the point i was making about 'Roman' one slightest bit though. Or are you going to argue that his strategic approach to managing CFC is not 'throw money at it, dilute political power through informal networks, blame manager for any failure'?

We should get Chez and HF to do some sort of Toontastic version of a presidential debate on the key issues facing the club.

Maybe get them to record their snippy ripostes on that thing CT has posted.

The French pay massive taxes on yachts and other stuff and they aren't allowed to register in Monaco and the like if they are French. That's why althought Monaco is the back yard of gliterrati for the industry, very few big boats are French owned. It's a similar story with the Germans, although places lake Hamburg have the super-rich they restrain themselves to buying yachts upto about 30m and most are moored around the Spanish side of the med.

Unlike Chez I've met Roman a couple of times and his buyer in Hamburg is someone I have a sushi with sometimes. It's ridiculous to suggest that he isn't one very smart cookie and also someone who came from nowhere and nothing and got himself 'under the wing' of some very big Ruskies although unlike them he doesn't 'drink' and unlike a lot of them he ain't sitting in jail...Go figure...

Our club has taken the first tentative step back into the big blue yonder that is Euro football and all the 'catchalls' that comes with that. The bank will look even stronger another year down the road. But in all reality our 'project' is just beginning and we've had that spoonful of luck (I agree with Stevie and HF on that), that we have been OWED for god knows how long...So I don't feel bad about that at all. Of course we aren't going to roll over sides as Arsenal and Spurs do from time to time, but the signs are there that this is becoming more of a reality as the days go by. Well handled and carefully nurtured there is no reason we can't challenge for CL next (and I think we will).

The future is NOT WRITTEN. Just ask Roman. :)

What does Roman's buyer buy in Hamburg?.....

We should get Chez and HF to do some sort of Toontastic version of a presidential debate on the key issues facing the club.

Maybe get them to record their snippy ripostes on that thing CT has posted.

HF would have to play Mitt Romney as he 'hates' Obama.

Posting history coming back to bite you on the ass!

:lol: Still doesnt change the point i was making about 'Roman' one slightest bit though. Or are you going to argue that his strategic approach to managing CFC is not 'throw money at it, dilute political power through informal networks, blame manager for any failure'?

His strategic approach to Chelsea was getting a British passport.

Nicely conceded. Going to watch Eastern Promises later today, just converted it to mp4.

What he didn't do however was try and sell Russian assets to Amrican companies. [/Khordakovsky]. ;)

History will show in time that the whole oligarchy period was also a carefully considered strategy of Russian wealth protection. If you don't belive me ask BP.

How the fuck haven't you seen Eastern Promises yet??!!

Edited by Park Life