Davide Santon signs a 5 year deal with Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd actually keep Raylor at LB and play Santon at RB.

:lol:

You may mock but he has more impact on the field than Simpson.

If that's the case why wouldn't you play R.Taylor at RB as Santon can play LB??

Cause Santon is a natural RB, makes no sense to play both out of position.

i would like smith and perch gone maybe gutherie to though i think he signed a new deal didnt he shame if he has.

Smith 'gone' requires someone else to come in and decide it would be a good idea to pay Smith £60k per week. Why the fuck would anyone do that? We'd all like him gone, but he's here til he's had his last contractual penny out of us.

Gets a bit daft hearing this.

Well without sounding like a mug I reckon I can say with a certain authority, we've signed THE best defender the club has bought since Jonathan Woodgate. He's too good for the toon 4fs, but whoever managed it, fair play. BRILLIANT signing.

Have to admit I am a bit wary about him adapting to the Premiership. I struggle to think of many Italian defenders who have performed well.

Daft statement that though, there's hardly any Italian decent defenders played in England. Dossena went to Liverpool and was wank well before he arrived in England, Materazzi done ok at Everton but he was very young, improved and became a world cup winner and Pistone had nee where near the calibre this kid does. Italians are known for being shite defenders eh :lol:

Edited by McFaul

I'd actually keep Raylor at LB and play Santon at RB.

You may mock but he has more impact on the field than Simpson.

If that's the case why wouldn't you play R.Taylor at RB as Santon can play LB??

Cause Santon is a natural RB, makes no sense to play both out of position.

He's comfortable at LB, Taylor isn't but while Simpsons out of form I would play Taylor at RB

Well without sounding like a mug I reckon I can say with a certain authority, we've signed THE best defender the club has bought since Jonathan Woodgate. He's too good for the toon 4fs, but whoever managed it, fair play. BRILLIANT signing.

Have to admit I am a bit wary about him adapting to the Premiership. I struggle to think of many Italian defenders who have performed well.

He should adapt because he'll get more time to adapt here than most players do. We've got few alternatives and he actually cost a fee so he wont be getting dropped anytime soon whatever his form. Enrique took long enough for instance.

Anyway, against the obvious headfuck politics of modern day NUFC, this is a lad I'm looking forward to seeing in our defence. Can't have come here for top dollar, must feel like he has something to prove and I think that's all good when you consider his abilities. :lol:

i would like smith and perch gone maybe gutherie to though i think he signed a new deal didnt he shame if he has.

Smith 'gone' requires someone else to come in and decide it would be a good idea to pay Smith £60k per week. Why the fuck would anyone do that? We'd all like him gone, but he's here til he's had his last contractual penny out of us.

Or we find a club that will pay half, still pretty unlikely but we can hope

Or we find a club that will pay half, still pretty unlikely but we can hope

Aye, but as you say £30k per week they'd want sectioning. He's probably worth about £1500 pw on light duties in League 1

With Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote, Abeid and Santon, forgetting even about Krul, Vuckic and Sammy, this regime by accident in my view may have created a canny little base which could be here for years IF the club is sold to an ambitious new owner.

With Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote, Abeid and Santon, forgetting even about Krul, Vuckic and Sammy, this regime by accident in my view may have created a canny little base which could be here for years IF the club is sold to an ambitious new owner.

Without meaning to go all Deano, a starting XI of Krul, Enrique, Coloccini, Taylor, Santon, Gutierrez, Tiote, Cabaye, Barton, Ben Arfa and Carroll would have been a bit tasty.

A tad unfair to say by accident Stevie IMO.

Well it's got fuck all to with Derek and Ashley's judgement. They couldn't judge which hole to put their cock in to them two cunts. I think Graham Carr is a fucking unsung hero, he'll have been behind most of this.

Without meaning to go all Deano, a starting XI of Krul, Enrique, Coloccini, Taylor, Santon, Gutierrez, Tiote, Cabaye, Barton, Ben Arfa and Carroll would have been a bit tasty.

As good as Tottenham or Liverpool imo.

Well it's got fuck all to with Derek and Ashley's judgement. They couldn't judge which hole to put their cock in to them two cunts. I think Graham Carr is a fucking unsung hero, he'll have been behind most of this.

I agree GC is the football brains behind the scene but the decision to go for good affordable foreign players comes from above.

Hope this kid has a good touch on his left, because you can't have a player at left-back who needs a touch to set himself, especially with the pace of te Prem. By the time Ryan Taylor had touched the ball onto his right Cattermole had crunched him, it was a real weak-spot.

He has but Phillip Lahm does alright and rarely uses his left foot, am sure he'd have no bother fitting in.

IMO Carr's doing fuck all. Anyone who watches football if someone said "name 20 up and coming full backs" Santon would've been in everyones top 10 first down easily.

Hardly a scouting coup, Carr's came up with fuck all bar people everyone else knew about.

Jan>Aug, money to spend 0 strikers found 1 day before the window closes, Our Scouting/Transfer teams dire.

In all serious like not to sound like Deadman, But santon has been listed as a wonderkid in footymanger along with neymar and co since 08/09

Judging by twitter half the cunts haven't even heard of Santon which is ridiculous, but Carr clearly brought the french contingent in, and I think the best scouting find in English football for the price, considering no one had ever heard of him, and he didn't even play every game for Twente, was Cheikh Tiote. I think he's been a brilliant asset for the club.

Don't man.