England

LeazesMag

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand if Ferdinand feels as though he's being left out because of the John Terry issue, but it's stupid how he just expects a place in the team because he has 81 caps and previously captained England.

Personally, I think Ferdinand is better than Terry, so he should be the one left out, but if Hodgson didn't think that it's not 'disrespectful' to leave him out.

Why is Martin Kelly - a very average player in a very average team - picked ahead of him? How can that be footballing reasons? Is it because Kelly is "one for the future". Well, what about the present?

I couldn't care less about Ferdinand being left out as he quite clearly couldn't cope with the demands of international football anymore but Richards being left out over Kelly is baffling.

Kelly? Has he even played more than 10 games this season? I actually think he is a decent player. Not international class yet. Basing our squad on Liverpool players (especially this season) is tragic. Im hoping Henderson and Kelly get nowhere near the team.

We wouldn't have to base it on Liverpool players if we had better alternatives. I would have chosen Richards over Johnson but him refusing to be on the standby list means Kelly is an acceptable next choice, he's unlikely to even get a few minutes ffs and after everyone crowing about giving the youngsters a chance for the last 2 years I don't know why people are so outraged.

With the Rio decision, if it was purely football I think you take him but I can see why he might think it just isn't worth the hassle. Terry's been the better of the two this season and had worked well with Cahill, I think that would probably have been our partnership.

As has been said this 'disrespectful to Rio' carry on is a bit ridiculous, if anything that angle is disrespectful to the players that have been selected.

We wouldn't have to base it on Liverpool players if we had better alternatives. I would have chosen Richards over Johnson but him refusing to be on the standby list means Kelly is an acceptable next choice, he's unlikely to even get a few minutes ffs and after everyone crowing about giving the youngsters a chance for the last 2 years I don't know why people are so outraged.

With the Rio decision, if it was purely football I think you take him but I can see why he might think it just isn't worth the hassle. Terry's been the better of the two this season and had worked well with Cahill, I think that would probably have been our partnership.

As has been said this 'disrespectful to Rio' carry on is a bit ridiculous, if anything that angle is disrespectful to the players that have been selected.

If Kelly had been picked first, alongside other young players, I'd agree. However, it looks less and less like this was a footballing decision and more and more about keeping Terry et al happy.

Also, Kelly has done nothing to deserve a call up ahead of, say, Simpson. Who at the very least has played consistently throughout the season. Kelly has 20 games for an underperforming side, and wasn't even the outstanding player in a poor side. I'm baffled as to why so many Liverpool players are being taken, (and why so many will most likely be starting) given how poor they've been.

Downing, Carroll, Gerrard, Kelly? they've been at best average throughout the season and there are alternatives for each of them.

Same old England :lol:

Good to see Hodgson being his own man iyam. He's an experianced manager, and while this obviously no guarantee of even modest success in the next month, he'll have his justifiable reasons for his selections. The "old guard" are almost all gone now,either by injury or by just having the wrong brother like Rio, but theyve been slaughtered on here for fuckin years so anyone bemoaning the fact Rio isnt in is crying crocodile tears tbh.Terry is abhorrent as a human being, but with the unfortunate Cahill wouldve been a very handy pairing indeed going on what they played like towards the end of the season.

Only 4 players in the 23 have played at a Euro's before (Rooney,Cole,Gerrard and Terry) and while anyone is free to criticise who has been brought in theres not exactly an abundance of choice is there?....Wilshire is the only name that springs to mind and he is injured, as usual it would seem. This is very much the next generation of footballers who are going to be representling the country for the next 3 tournaments or so, so we may as well get behind them.

I couldn't care less about Ferdinand being left out as he quite clearly couldn't cope with the demands of international football anymore but Richards being left out over Kelly is baffling.

He's one of the assholes who declared they won't go on the standby list. Fuck em all. Don't deserve to wear the shirt.

England is finally reaping the benefits of the success of the EPL on the world stage, which the Erikson years and the no show due to McClaren, had probably masked. At the last World Cup we had a completely knackered squad which was clearly not able to muster up anything creative or spritied without the inspiration of their foreign day to day teammates beside the likes of Lampard, and now it's through the lack of any half decent English players getting regular games anywhere at all, having been all but eliminated from the top squads, certianly their regular starters (NUFC included). Combined with the injuries that come from a season focused on games, games, games, and added to that the arrogance of some potential international players who think they can opt in and out of England as they like, then there's no hope at all that I can see. We're going into this tournament on blind hope that some very untried players can step up. And how often has that worked for any team on the international stage? Even Germany faltered at the last step in South Africa, in the face of proven performers. Like it or not, it's probably Ashley Cole who is the best player of the England squad at this moment in terms of a proven player who's still able to perform in international competitions, even though he's had a full season behind him. And even though he only just won the CL, I'm guessing he's not the sort of cunt who would rank that above winning this tournament. That's not to say England haven' made mistakes - I'd like to know for example why the other Cole doesn't apparently merit even a standby place, and it's pretty obvious he's still 3 lions to his core.

It's not just English players who feel the strain of a full PL season, at the last WC there were very few PL players to come out of it with very much credit.

Wankers like who? Carroll, Terry and Gerrard are the only ones that seem like genuine Knobs to me, Cole gets a lot of stick but having been made to endure the X-factor at times I'm beginning to see why he'd play away. And shooting work experience kids should be applauded.

I think 3 per team is probably about the average for any side tbh.

Wankers like who? Carroll, Terry and Gerrard are the only ones that seem like genuine Knobs to me, Cole gets a lot of stick but having been made to endure the X-factor at times I'm beginning to see why he'd play away. And shooting work experience kids should be applauded.

I think 3 per team is probably about the average for any side tbh.

Hart seems canny

Johnson, Terry, Cole, Young, Gerrard, Henderson, Walcott, Wellbeck, Rooney, Carroll, Defoe all seem like twats, to me.

Revised England squad: with wanker or canny ratings

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart canny (Manchester City), Robert Green not bad (West Ham), Jack Butland to early to tell (Birmingham City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines canny (Everton), Martin Kelly to early to tell (Liverpool), Ashley Cole wanker (Chelsea), Glen Johnson wanker (Liverpool), Phil Jones canny (Manchester United), Joleon Lescott sometimes a wanker (Manchester City), John Terry 1st class grade one wanker (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka canny (Everton).

Midfielders: Stewart Downing canny (Liverpool), Steven Gerrard proper wanker (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson canny but ex mackem so wanker (Liverpool), James Milner canny (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to early but seems canny (Arsenal), Scott Parker canny (Tottenham), Theo Walcott canny (Arsenal), Ashley Young a wanker for the future (Manchester United).

Forwards: Andy Carroll wanker (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe wanker (Tottenham), Wayne Rooney wanker (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck wanker (Manchester United).

Gerrard has made a statement justifying Martin Kelly's call up

At the end of the day you can go on about these players who may or may not be technically better than Martin Kelly, or who may or may not be better athletes than Martin Kelly--ermmmmm--but at the end of the day Martin Kelly has been brought up with the tradition of Liverpool Football Club, so at the end of the day Martin Kelly knows how the game should be played; ermmmmmm--Martin Kelly knows what it means to play for a club where he'll never walk alone, because at the end of the day he's in a team--ermmmmmmm, really struggling now--errmmmmmmm, I've known Martin Kelly all me life, and if there's one thing he has got, it's character: so often when players these days are told they're shit by all the coaches, scouts, managers, and fans who watch them, they just give up, but Martin Kelly decided to continue playing, possibly against better judgement, and that just shows the kind of ermmmm determination he's got.
Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Revised England squad: with wanker or canny ratings

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart canny (Manchester City), Robert Green not bad (West Ham), Jack Butland to early to tell (Birmingham City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines canny (Everton), Martin Kelly to early to tell (Liverpool), Ashley Cole wanker (Chelsea), Glen Johnson wanker (Liverpool), Phil Jones canny (Manchester United), Joleon Lescott sometimes a wanker (Manchester City), John Terry 1st class grade one wanker (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka canny (Everton).

Midfielders: Stewart Downing canny (Liverpool), Steven Gerrard proper wanker (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson canny but ex mackem so wanker (Liverpool), James Milner canny (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to early but seems canny (Arsenal), Scott Parker canny (Tottenham), Theo Walcott canny (Arsenal), Ashley Young a wanker for the future (Manchester United).

Forwards: Andy Carroll wanker (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe wanker (Tottenham), Wayne Rooney wanker (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck wanker (Manchester United).

Why does everyone seem to dislike Welbeck :lol: have I missed an incident? Johnson and Lescott seem fine to me, not saying I'd love them to be my kid's godparents but they've never done anything particularly bad. The toilet seat incident was just too bizarre for me to be offended by.

Young dives about a bit but it doesn't irk me that much really especially considering the amount of opposition players that'll be throwing themselves about.

I can see his footballing qualities but tbh I think they are extremely limited and get exaggerated because cause he slides around on his arse showing 'committment' and 'leadership'. Wasn't it him who said he didnt wan't his kids to grow up in the north east when he left? (If not then I might have slightly too strong an opinion on him as a person)