Margaret Thatcher

The Fish

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, Its Xmas, lets not do politics. :)

Says he who has just posted post #131. You knew it would be provocative & even topped it off with a picture of satans whore.

You're an utter cunt basically.

The NHS is on a fast track to being fucked btw. They have to save £20billion. They have managed £6billion so far and lots of services are stretched to breaking point as it is. Another £14billion will be catastrophic

It's only hope is for Labour to come back in and overturn the Health and Social Care Bill

Erm, except it was Labour that let them overspend and run amok in the first place.

Erm, except it was Labour that let them overspend and run amok in the first place.

Thing with the NHS is this.

We all know people are living longer and that medicine is costing more and more. The sooner all politicians either agree a long term plan the better. 5 year policies are not what is needed. All parties realise that it can only survive with privatisation so set up some sort of all seeing, cross party commitee and get it sorted, init.

No, it was Labour who supported the NHS and helped make it the best health service on the planet. Don't trot out the old David Cameron lines.

There's no denying it can be streamlined and savings can be made but the £20billion cuts are ridiculous and commissioning services off to private companies only makes the NHS worse. I've seen it first hand. It's scary!

Don't kid yourself that the Tories Health and Social Care Bill puts patient care anywhere other than bottom of the list of priorities

Privatisation of the railways meant Northern Rail wouldn't let me pick up my Transpennime Express tickets at their office meaning I had I pay an extra £19.30 to get home for Xmas. Least the trade unions didn't nick 20 pounds off poor students :(

That's right. Labour's overspending on the NHS caused the global financial crisis and subsequent recession.

Labour's overspending and lack of control caused many things within our own country, had they have kept better reigns on things instead of bailing out the scroungers, debt-ridden and general wasters of the land we probably wouldn't have been dragged down quite as much within the global trend of recession as we have been. They let people and companies that couldn't sustain long term borrowing get out of their depth and when the axeman came with the financial crisis it was far too late, now the Conservatives (or anybody that'd followed Labour's government) are having to clear up the mess. I understand there's a massive chip on the collective should over a lot of people in the North-East due to circumstances in the past but it's no excuse to paint Labour as the good guys by any means, they just tried to let people that couldn't afford it have a good time without thinking of the potential long-term damage.

As for Labour supporting the NHS, that's a load of old guff as well, I too worked within the organisation for a good ten years and seeing the amount of wasted money spent by NHS trusts was criminal at best - throwing more money at it year on year without resolving on-going problems of where the money was disappearing was no way to help in the slightest, they were like children given a pet they couldn't look after.

Labour's overspending and lack of control caused many things within our own country, had they have kept better reigns on things instead of bailing out the scroungers, debt-ridden and general wasters of the land we probably wouldn't have been dragged down quite as much within the global trend of recession as we have been. They let people and companies that couldn't sustain long term borrowing get out of their depth and when the axeman came with the financial crisis it was far too late, now the Conservatives (or anybody that'd followed Labour's government) are having to clear up the mess. I understand there's a massive chip on the collective should over a lot of people in the North-East due to circumstances in the past but it's no excuse to paint Labour as the good guys by any means, they just tried to let people that couldn't afford it have a good time without thinking of the potential long-term damage.

As for Labour supporting the NHS, that's a load of old guff as well, I too worked within the organisation for a good ten years and seeing the amount of wasted money spent by NHS trusts was criminal at best - throwing more money at it year on year without resolving on-going problems of where the money was disappearing was no way to help in the slightest, they were like children given a pet they couldn't look after.

Most of this is simply not true or said with the benefit of hindsight. Remember Tory pledges to match Labour on spending?

What was your role in the NHS and give me some specific examples of wastage caused by the government. Because I suspect your talking shit. Name a health service that does as well as the NHS with the same GDP per capita spend while you're at it.