FA given Permission to speak to Roy Hodgson over England job

Tooj

I actually think he'll do a steady if unspectacular job. It's hard enough given that none of the current England stalwarts give a shit about playing for their country let alone manage the over-expectations of the press.

Really need to drop Lampard, Terry and Gerrard. It's time to move on, they've never done it at international level.

Alaways been like that or have you just gone the same way as a lot of folk in the last few years?....

Last time I was really excited was 1998 to be honest. Combination of gutless performances, arseholes wearing the shirt, Newcastle not represented often and the media being utter cockends.

If its true that Redknapp doesnt 'do' tactics, then the idea that he can lead a national side against the likes of Germany, Spain etc is just laughable. I think they've made the right choice but i dont see us doing any better than usual this summer.

We're shite. We have inferior players to Spain, Holland, Germany, France and Portugal. Fuck knows how we're favourites to beat France. We're on Italy's level no better no worse and we're making the numbers up.

Hodgson strikes me as a closet transvestite. I expect if you called round his house after 9pm, you'd find him in a dress and full make up doing the ironing. When the pressure gets too much at England, as it surely will, I expect he will have some kind of breakdown and be found wandering the streets of London in drag, pissed up and missing a shoe.

Still anyone but Fat Sam, I say.

If its true that Redknapp doesnt 'do' tactics, then the idea that he can lead a national side against the likes of Germany, Spain etc is just laughable. I think they've made the right choice but i dont see us doing any better than usual this summer.

Overheard telling one of his strikers to: "Go out there and run about a bit". True story.

Hodgson strikes me as a closet transvestite. I expect if you called round his house after 9pm, you'd find him in a dress and full make up doing the ironing. When the pressure gets too much at England, as it surely will, I expect he will have some kind of breakdown and be found wandering the streets of London in drag, pissed up and missing a shoe.

Still anyone but Fat Sam, I say.

:lol: That's really funny for you

He's quite likable and the players are a bunch of cunts, so it takes the edge off for me. Redknapp would have had the opposite effect from an enjoyment point of view. I don't expect us to win it or even compete so I'm happy to watch it with my mind in neutral and anything's a bonus.

From a footballing perspective, theres some good points been made about his prior tournament experience and the fact we're not good enough to play possession football anyway in key games, so his mid-table counter attacking mindset might work to our advantage.

That's how THEY ALL play bar Spain.

It's quarters straight out if the group at the euros, isn't it? Or is there more teams in it these days?

Yep that's what I mean, struggle out of the group stages only to get a dry bumming in the first knockout round.

A gang of us flew into Gatwick from Amsterdam and on landing made straight for the WC in arrivals. One of the lads came in after us and said "urr theres a bloke off the telly outside, think its the geezer from that old sitcom "duty free"...."

Went outside and walked straight into the (as of today) new Engalnd manager. Yes. Our non stop fun filled partying ways back then knew no bounds, getting on down with Roy was just part of it, thrill a minute etc etc....we did get our photo took with him actually, if you lot are having trouble sleeping I'll dig it out :)

It was after he was sacked by Blackburnand he was stood beneath the courousel that said "Bilbao"..."Got a job in Spain Roy?" I asked..."No, am waiting for the wife, she's having a slash" he replied. As I say, crazy guy.

A gang of us flew into Gatwick from Amsterdam and on landing made straight for the WC in arrivals. One of the lads came in after us and said "urr theres a bloke off the telly outside, think its the geezer from that old sitcom "duty free"...."

Went outside and walked straight into the (as of today) new Engalnd manager. Yes. Our non stop fun filled partying ways back then knew no bounds, getting on down with Roy was just part of it, thrill a minute etc etc....we did get our photo took with him actually, if you lot are having trouble sleeping I'll dig it out :)

It was after he was sacked by Blackburnand he was stood beneath the courousel that said "Bilbao"..."Got a job in Spain Roy?" I asked..."No, am waiting for the wife, she's having a slash" he replied. As I say, crazy guy.

:lol:

Do you think Hodgson is the right man for the job?

Y...... Roy is a very nice guy, and england has some lovely players - young players coming through, some experienced players - fantastic players...

Right judgment on Redknapp tbf so fuck him.

He was acquitted on his dog's offshore account because it's extremely difficult for the prosecution to discharge the criminal standard of proof in tax cases-it's just very easy for a defendant to muddy the waters at the end of the day, which is effectively all he did. Outside of a criminal court however, everybody knows he wasn't innocent.

Imho the FA has thought long and hard and reached the difficult conclusion that it doesnt want a manager who opens offshore bank accounts in his dog's name while claiming he can barely read.

It's a perfectly legitimate tactic to get you off a conviction for tax fraud but it's not the best job application for the top footballing post in the country.