FA given Permission to speak to Roy Hodgson over England job

Tooj

Swiss were ranked 3rd at their peak with Roy. It wouldn't surprise me if Eng did quite well under him. We'll defend as a unit and there will be pace on the counter. We can't play posession football anyway.

Thats spot on. He's ideal in a lot of ways but the egomainiacs in the squad and the press wont give him a chance iyam. And as mentioned you'll have the annointed one bitiching from the sidelines.

Quite pleased to be fair. I'd have found it even more difficult to like the current England team if 'arry had got it. I still think it's criminally late to be appointing a manager though. Doesn't really give him the opportunity to drop all the deadwood, which is what is needed.

Because it'd mean taking an untried and untested team into a major international tournament? Doubt he wants to leave his comfortable contract at West Brom to take that kind of career gamble, he'd look a bit of a tit if it blew up in his face.

Edited by BestBaNone

He'll be retiring when hes done with England, I doubt his career trajectory is that big a problem.

the team being untried and untested isn't that big a deal in international football, we're not exactly good with all the established "stars" in the side

Liverpool aren't that good with their stars either, but doubt they'll be fielding a youth side this weekend at Wembley. If you can't see that somebody would want to try line-ups and different players before throwing them in at the deep end then I fear you're just being contrary.

Liverpool aren't that good with their stars either, but doubt they'll be fielding a youth side this weekend at Wembley. If you can't see that somebody would want to try line-ups and different players before throwing them in at the deep end then I fear you're just being contrary.

if you cant see the difference between those two situations then you are genuinely hopeless

Its whats needed tbh. The fag end of the Adam Crozier's "golden generation" just dont fuckin care. Look at the world cup 2 years ago. Theyre all still around!!. Thing is, theres an argument for experiance and youth, so the only one I'd definetly not take is Terry. Oh and Gareth Barry. The rest you can just about make a case for. Just. As theres not a lot coming through.But you can fit some in surely?...play Naughton,Cleverly,Jones etc. Germany weren't scared to do it last time round and had a good tournament. Honestly this is the time to do it. Sink or swim time. Its been proven time and again that this lot dont give a fuck. They play lip service to being proud to play for their country. Always have done.

I'd fucking love to see him do a Hoddle and call them all in to a room individually to tell them that their international careers are over. That they've disappointed the nation for the last time.

It would be so unexpected to the arrogant pricks.

Its whats needed tbh. The fag end of the Adam Crozier's "golden generation" just dont fuckin care. Look at the world cup 2 years ago. Theyre all still around!!. Thing is, theres an argument for experiance and youth, so the only one I'd definetly not take is Terry. Oh and Gareth Barry. The rest you can just about make a case for. Just. As theres not a lot coming through.But you can fit some in surely?...play Naughton,Cleverly,Jones etc. Germany weren't scared to do it last time round and had a good tournament. Honestly this is the time to do it. Sink or swim time. Its been proven time and again that this lot dont give a fuck. They play lip service to being proud to play for their country. Always have done.

Should be using this tournament for blooding the next gen, there is no other way of looking at it. We aren't expected to do much so there can be little pressure.

If you can't see that it's too late to make wholesale changes, then so are you.

What is there to lose though?!...dont fancy one last hurrah for the old guard myself.If,as mentioned by some,they've given up on the England team, its these fuckers and the witless managers who keep picking them who are to blame for it.

One tabloid hack this morning insisting that if Woy gets in wrong then as second choice the fans will turn on him. Typical tabloid tosser, I'll think you'll find that you the press will jump on him the minute it goes slightly tits up and the sheep that read your shite will just follow suite.

One tabloid hack this morning insisting that if Woy gets in wrong then as second choice the fans will turn on him. Typical tabloid tosser, I'll think you'll find that you the press will jump on him the minute it goes slightly tits up and the sheep that read your shite will just follow suite.

Absolutely.

I'd like to see him take a completely different side made up of youngsters. Nobody expects us to do anything at the Euros and our :quotes: golden generation :quotes: are long past their best. If they didn't do it in the early noughties they're hardly going to do it now.

Plus, they're all twats.

You only have to look at the ridiculous negativity from the press today to see he's on a hiding to nowt. They should be supporting his appointment (which I personally think is the correct one) instead of writing a tonne of drivel about how it isn't Redknapp and it's a massive conspiracy. Good Old Arry © may have been found not guilty of charges in court at the start of the year, but lots of facts from the case still made him look well fucking dodgy.

Did a great job with Switzerland, remains to be seen whether he can salvage anything out of the calamitous soap opera that is the current England Squad.

Should've been 'Arry. Woy comes across as a nice bloke so it's a shame he'll get crucified when he can't get the best out of this horrible lot. 'Arry you wouldn't mind seeing utterly trounced in the public eye.

Aye it's a shame the press have their Knives out and he's not even been announced yet, he's always come across as a decent bloke and he's done well everywhere he's went (Liverpool aside I guess but they had a lot of injuries and they give him no time at all, give him the time and money 'King' Kenny has had and he'd have them in a fair better position), he's the right age for an England boss too.

Like others have said it's going to be a shame to see him ripped to pieces by the press who will be masquerading as the voice of England fans. It's completely ridiculous that Redknapp is being made out to be the peoples favorite, let's face it Newcastle is split over managerial appointments and it's a city of under 1m people never mind the differing views of a (potential) 60m + fanbase, personally I've never met anyone that likes Redknapp he's pretty much seen as a wanker by most people I know.

I also agree with all the posts about getting the new lot in and dumping the 'Golden generation', what's the point in playing the likes of Gerrard and co? they've had about 4 tournaments and haven't played well in any of them really (not talking about missing the ridiculous media expectations but scrapping for 1-0 wins against countries ranked 50 places or so lower than us isn't good enough), as Asprilla said if they couldn't do it at 23-29 what chance do 30+ year olds with knackered knees stand? They don't care about England especially now, I'd far rather see us blood in the next lot and prepare for the future it's not like we stand any chance of winning this one with the strength of teams like Germany and Spain. In fact the youth would probably perform far better and provide much more entertainment than Gerrard and co waddling around while that nob head plays the trumpet in the crowd.

Edited by Howay