Other clubs summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprising amount of money for Fletcher. My impression of MON at Villa was he signed a lot of ordinary players for too much money. Hopefully he can keep that going.....

Where you seen that?

If thats true its too funny for Arsenal fans and aye, big coup for Man Ure

TalkSport all over it and the Manchester evening news. They reckon it could happen tonight!

I don't understand this signing? Been relegated twice by two different teams.

He's only scored 12 in each of the past 3 seasons, highest tally is 14. I suppose you can say he's consistent?

He's only scored 12 in each of the past 3 seasons, highest tally is 14. I suppose you can say he's consistent?

Yeah he is but in relegated teams how many of those goals were when the team was 4 or 5 down and they brought on the reserves...I'm sorry call me cynical but I just don't rate him.

Yeah he is but in relegated teams how many of those goals were when the team was 4 or 5 down and they brought on the reserves...I'm sorry call me cynical but I just don't rate him.

Sorry sarcasm may have been a touch subtle

BBC

Liverpool have made a £15m bid for Swansea's Joe Allen, triggering a release clause in the Wales international's contract.

:spit:

Edited by The Fish

Ferguson talking sense about the current transfer climate (after RVP crack):

http://www1.skysport...-waiting-on-RVP

The Scot said: "I find it quite amazing that a club can pay €45million for a 19-year-old boy."

Ferguson continued: "To make a mark on everyone - to tell everyone that PSG are here - they have signed Thiago Silva from Milan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"They must have spent about £150m in the last month. As you know, the only deterrent to that is UEFA.

"In the conditions of European football, you don't qualify for Europe by winning the league or coming second - you only get in by invitation.

"That's where, hopefully, UEFA can have some power. When somebody's paying £45m for a 19-year-old boy you have to say the game's gone mad."

Only unfair when manu dont have the money to compete....how much were Rooney and Ferdinand?....selective memory, he is over 70 after all :/

The Scot said: "I find it quite amazing that a club can pay €45million for a 19-year-old boy."

Ferguson continued: "To make a mark on everyone - to tell everyone that PSG are here - they have signed Thiago Silva from Milan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"They must have spent about £150m in the last month. As you know, the only deterrent to that is UEFA.

"In the conditions of European football, you don't qualify for Europe by winning the league or coming second - you only get in by invitation.

"That's where, hopefully, UEFA can have some power. When somebody's paying £45m for a 19-year-old boy you have to say the game's gone mad."

Only unfair when manu dont have the money to compete....how much were Rooney and Ferdinand?....selective memory, he is over 70 after all :/

Exactly. Was different when that shit was splashing £19m on Van Nistlerooy etc. Sour faced red nosed wanker.

I think Colin Kazim-Richards is a good signing for Blackburn, I think 14/1 is a canny price on them to win the Championship.

Owen away to Fenerbahce too, maybe.

Man Utd pay the money off their own back though not because of some Arab attention seekers with too much money. Moura has done fuck all, they signed Rooney when he'd been the best player in Euro 2004, while Ferdinand and Ruuuuuud were 24 when they signed for Man Utd.

How did Man U pay all those record transfer fees when sky weren't around and when sponsorship was minimal compared to today?

Their crowds might have been 10k or so higher than most but admission prices were a lot lower then yet they could always splash the cash?

How did Man U pay all those record transfer fees when sky weren't around and when sponsorship was minimal compared to today?

Their crowds might have been 10k or so higher than most but admission prices were a lot lower then yet they could always splash the cash?

It certainly was fuck all to do with Martin Edwards, they had a massive deal with UMBRO and with Sharp. Newcastle were paying £850,000's out for the likes of Beasant and Andy Thorn, they'd pay £2.3m for the likes of Pallister and Danny Wallace, they were living within their means.

In the seventies as well?

Robson, Birtles etc were £1M men when it was very rare.

They've had the most biased press and media coverage of any club in this country for nigh on fifty years which has lead to the bloated giant eating up massive sponsorship deals like they have today as every prick from Milton Keynes to Dublin, from Tokyo to Singapore buys into the club and sponsors pay them big bucks for it. They spent 26 years trying to buy a title and you have to laugh when you hear their 'holier than thou' shit that was directed at any other club, (including us!!) who tried to do the same.

In the seventies as well?

Robson, Birtles etc were £1M men when it was very rare.

They've had the most biased press and media coverage of any club in this country for nigh on fifty years which has lead to the bloated giant eating up massive sponsorship deals like they have today as every prick from Milton Keynes to Dublin, from Tokyo to Singapore buys into the club and sponsors pay them big bucks for it. They spent 26 years trying to buy a title and you have to laugh when you hear their 'holier than thou' shit that was directed at any other club, (including us!!) who tried to do the same.

It's all to do with Munich mate. Newcastle and Arsenal were the most successful and generally best supported clubs in England up to the point of the Munich Air Disaster.