Can't be arsed with here anymore.

Guest CabayeAye

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the light of Leazesgate I considered chucking it myself, not to mention being on here over 5 years and not being considered as a moderator. However, I like having a toon board to post on though to be honest, and all of the others are wank. Seriously they're nearly all kids places like NO, Nufc-forum etc where it is impossible to talk about NUFC in any depth. So fuck it I stay.

Too many people that regard themselves as part of the furniture on message boards tend to take a lot of things to heart and some actually feel that they are more deserving of posting than someone who has posted only once and feel they have some sort of rank over those people.

In truth, nobody should hold any more favour no matter how long they have been a member or how many posts they have or how interesting they believe they are because in a nutshell, it's a message board that's been made public, obviously with the mindset of whoever started it...to gain as many members as possible.

This site seems very popular and is one of the most popular that I've seen and from what I've seen, has Moderators and Admin that appear to allow most things which is great for a forum.

To be a Moderator or Admin, you have to be prepared to take what you give out, good and bad and not showing any favouritism which most boards I've seen actually do show that... which eventually puts a lot of posters off it or stops them from posting.

It's easy to start up a forum and welcome all new members and make them feel a part of things at first but as the years go by, things can rapidly change when certain people believe they hold rank or favour among Moderators or Admin they have become very friendly with or have actually met.

I've seen it many times on different forums and up to now, this one is by far the most lenient as far as what can be said and allowing posters to have their views whether agreed with or not, which is what keeps these alive.

Another good thing about this forum is the fact that it has an ignore facility and also a private message facility which is ideal if two posters don't get along as they can simply ignore each other and the problem is solved or talk it out or fight it out via private message.

That's just the way I see things mind.

Is your's the Silhouette of Bob Stokoe's statue?

No idea what it is, it's the 'haven't been fucked to upload an avatar, sure I used to have one' style.

Appreciate your change though :D

Too many people that regard themselves as part of the furniture on message boards tend to take a lot of things to heart and some actually feel that they are more deserving of posting than someone who has posted only once and feel they have some sort of rank over those people.

In truth, nobody should hold any more favour no matter how long they have been a member or how many posts they have or how interesting they believe they are because in a nutshell, it's a message board that's been made public, obviously with the mindset of whoever started it...to gain as many members as possible.

This site seems very popular and is one of the most popular that I've seen and from what I've seen, has Moderators and Admin that appear to allow most things which is great for a forum.

To be a Moderator or Admin, you have to be prepared to take what you give out, good and bad and not showing any favouritism which most boards I've seen actually do show that... which eventually puts a lot of posters off it or stops them from posting.

It's easy to start up a forum and welcome all new members and make them feel a part of things at first but as the years go by, things can rapidly change when certain people believe they hold rank or favour among Moderators or Admin they have become very friendly with or have actually met.

I've seen it many times on different forums and up to now, this one is by far the most lenient as far as what can be said and allowing posters to have their views whether agreed with or not, which is what keeps these alive.

Another good thing about this forum is the fact that it has an ignore facility and also a private message facility which is ideal if two posters don't get along as they can simply ignore each other and the problem is solved or talk it out or fight it out via private message.

That's just the way I see things mind.

Blyme. That's a dead good post (and I'd have said the same before I was a mod, too). B)

OK. I've had time to chill out.

My flounce is over and I've decided to play nice.

Andy, Fish, anyone else I've disagreed with, I'm sorry. Let's all be friends now.

I apologise for WUMming and from now on I will aim to debate rather than be deliberately obtuse.

No worries mate, I enjoyed our little debate anyway so no hard feelings on my part :)