Derek

Happy Face

I watched the first ten minutes and couldn't find a reason to continue watching. Especially when Celebrity Juice was on at the same time.

Is the right answer...

I thought it was dreadful. Did I fail to see the irony in him sitting on the bowl of custard?

I think the problem Gervais faces is that the Office was labelled as a work of 'genius' and 'groundbreaking television', when the reality is that it was just a good sitcom. Ever since then people are expecting this incredibly nuanced and insightful comedy from him, which perhaps he isn't capable of. He certainly isn't a patch on Larry David.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

I think the problem Gervais faces is that the Office was labelled as a work of 'genius' and 'groundbreaking television', when the reality is that it was just a good sitcom. Ever since then people are expecting this incredibly nuanced and insightful comedy from him, which perhaps he isn't capable of. He certainly isn't a patch on Larry David.

The Office had brilliant dialogue and well-written, well-paced compelling relationships between good, likeable characters. Nothing he's done since then has had that. How much say did Merchant have in LTS?

I enjoyed this. The only bits where I thought "Why?!" were the two slapstick moments. Why have him sitting on that pudding or falling in the pond? I'm not sure what it was meant to be though.

The Office had brilliant dialogue and well-written, well-paced compelling relationships between good, likeable characters. Nothing he's done since then has had that. How much say did Merchant have in LTS?

Karl Pilkington wrote 98% of the Office, Gervais and Merchant mainly formatted it and corrected typos.

Fucking hopeless. The office was genuinely funny, well observed comedy. Derek was on a par with that shite made updated sitcom in extras.

Meanwhile Tim Krul isn't ever going to be nearly as prolific as Chilavert...

It was a pilot and he is writing the rest now.

Yep, hence why I said I'd give a series a go .. if/when it's made.

Was responding to J69 :)

I know you dafty, I was agreeing with you!

Watched 10 mins and switched it off.

I probably go to 100 care homes a year as part of my job and at no point did any of what I saw reflect any real life issues, the character was ridiculous and completely inappropriate, and as a comedy it failed to make me even so much as raise a smile let alone laugh.

Gervais is a prick and thinks he can just pull a stupid face and act a bit mentally challenged and it's comedy / tv gold. Sadly he's mistaken!

He looks like he is trying to break new ground by taking his cringe-comedy into the dwarfism and mentally ill now.

The Office and Extras was good. I stopped watching Life is Too Short. It was just boring. The only watchable parts were when the celebrities got involved but that rarely had anything to do with Warwick Davies.