How Newcastle Became Talk Of The Toon

Christmas Tree

Not going to propose Liverpool then?

no reply then ?

I am surprised that someone of your intellect is avoiding a constructive and intelligent reply to constructive and genuine questions.

:lol:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no reply then ?

I am surprised that someone of your intellect is avoiding a constructive and intelligent reply to constructive and genuine questions.

When all else fails there's always comedy to fall back on, eh?

2 steps back and 5 steps forward ?

Does that mean we have finished in the top 5 for 3 or 4 seasons in a row ?

We never finished top 5 four seasons in a row under hall/shepherd. We only did it 3 times in ten year before Ashley arrived.

Well I said 5 forward as a figure of speech. You said they had gone 3 backwards and 1 or 2 forward suggesting that the club was in a worse position from when they took over. As the club is now in a better position than when they took over, surely they have gone forward now more steps than back?

My opinion has always been that Souness destroyed Robsons teams and set us back years. He took us down to 14th after all the work SBR had done and had he remained we would have likely been relegated. Roeder came in and done a commendable job turning around and getting us back to 7th. SA then came in and turned us in to a team of sloggers and back down the table we went.

Then MA came in and handled the managerial side appallingly. The KK affair, bringing in JFK, This imo is why we were relegated. But a decent first season back in the prem (12th) and now currently 5th (to finish 4th~6th) shows two solid seasons of improvement with the best side we have had since 03/04.

I know you use your crystal ball to look at the next 5 seasons and base your opinion on things as if they were fact, but as you know I look at the here and now and am not even judging next season.

Well I said 5 forward as a figure of speech. You said they had gone 3 backwards and 1 or 2 forward suggesting that the club was in a worse position from when they took over. As the club is now in a better position than when they took over, surely they have gone forward now more steps than back?

My opinion has always been that Souness destroyed Robsons teams and set us back years. He took us down to 14th after all the work SBR had done and had he remained we would have likely been relegated. Roeder came in and done a commendable job turning around and getting us back to 7th. SA then came in and turned us in to a team of sloggers and back down the table we went.

Then MA came in and handled the managerial side appallingly. The KK affair, bringing in JFK, This imo is why we were relegated. But a decent first season back in the prem (12th) and now currently 5th (to finish 4th~6th) shows two solid seasons of improvement with the best side we have had since 03/04.

I know you use your crystal ball to look at the next 5 seasons and base your opinion on things as if they were fact, but as you know I look at the here and now and am not even judging next season.

If Leazes wants to boo 5th then he's welcome to. Everyone can see that makes him the worst hypocrite the board has ever seen.

It's a bit of a shame on one of the best days in the clubs last 60 odd years ( there's not that many), that one miserable bitter old man can generate so much negativity.

You all know he isn't interested in reasoned debate so why not just leave him to his bitterness.

Now and the last few weeks of the season should be all about enjoying a fantastic season and looking ahead to another great European drenched season next year.

Please don't let him spoil a great run in.

Not going to propose Liverpool then?

no reply then ?

I said I would when you named a more progressive club.

Your point of view is not complicated and I have dealt with all of it before so I would just be repeating myself. I don't think there is anything in the questions which wasn't addressed in the post you clipped. Anyway, am a busy man, I fly to Madrid at 5pm, got dinner with clients tonight and am presenting tomorrow and Tuesday. If you don't get my full attention, don't take it personally.

Edited by ChezGiven