Manager of the Season Contendors

wykikitoon

Europe aside, if Ferguson overhauls City's start to the season then can anyone really argue?

I would. They haven't overhauled them as such, more that Man CIty have cracked a few too many times under pressure. This Man Utd really aren't that impressive - I know plenty of Man Utd fans who find to complain about them - yet they're somehow top of the table. It'll be the worst Man Utd side to win the league in many a year, and yet they'll still be good enough to win it.

Europe aside, if Ferguson overhauls City's start to the season then can anyone really argue?

I would. They haven't overhauled them as such, more that Man CIty have cracked a few too many times under pressure. This Man Utd really aren't that impressive - I know plenty of Man Utd fans who find to complain about them - yet they're somehow top of the table. It'll be the worst Man Utd side to win the league in many a year, and yet they'll still be good enough to win it.

Precisely. I think they're relatively gash personnel wise (a transitional side at best) and yet they're going to beat the biggest spending team in history. Phenomenal managerial achievement.

If im not a Newcastle fan , im going Brendan Rodgers. Im am though so im going Alan Pardew. Either way i think one of these should be the next England manager after Redknapp fails.

Rodgers would make England play international football which is something we have never done.

If im not a Newcastle fan , im going Brendan Rodgers. Im am though so im going Alan Pardew. Either way i think one of these should be the next England manager after Redknapp fails.

Rodgers would make England play international football which is something we have never done.

Rodgers is getting great results out of fairly limited footballers with no egos who are just glad to be in the Prem and who he's got playing above themselves. Kudos for staying up in the Prem and playing football at the same time I absolutely agree, but it's a different kettle of fish trying to get similar results out of that shower of ego-frenzied-and-only-slightly-better-but-ever-so-deluded bunch of cock ends in the national team. If they took the same attitude as Swansea (ie that they're massively inferior to the likes of Spain, France etc and need to work their bollocks off and be utterly focussed on the team ethic) it might have a chance, but these are absolute monumental arseholes we've got representing us for the most part.

The thing about Rodgers and (I'd argue) Lambert is that their sides are playing decent football and getting results.

I remember Mowbray's West Brom getting loads of plaudits a few years back because they played attractive football. But they didn't get results, and had no plan B. Or if they did have a plan B, they were too reluctant to utilise it in case it sullied their attractive style of football. That baffled me - football is a results business, if you're a club with inferior players then just gets the points first before worrying about how good you look doing it. It's like he'd rather they went down looking like Barca lite than staying up looking like a Big Sam team.

Swansea manage to combine the two quite comfortably. Even if a lot of their possession is in their own half. They took an ethos accrued in a lower league and have adapted it to the Prem. They arguably don't need a plan B.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

The thing about "Rogers for england" or even "Pardew for england" is that you can see that the difference they make to their sides is with coaching

Rogers team must train like mad to be so disciplined and to play the way they do, it wouldn't work for a national side unless the players clubs all took the same stance (ala spain since most of them are barca or real players)

Pardew spends a lot of time coaching and man managing to get the best out of the team as we've seen with the way hes handled situations like Ben Arfa.

Redknapp (I think it was Van Der Vaart who said this) doesn't really operate that way, he motivates the team and picks 11 players in a vague formation, tells them to play football. that kind of stance would work best when you have limited time with the players like a national manager does.