mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I think there may be a way to Seaburn within distance by running down the A184 but this poses two issues. First, it goes through industrial parks and farmland so not good for spectators at all, with no way of getting there. Second, it would have resulted in a fantastic chicken run across the A19 at Testos cos no way would they close the A19. 

Honestly, these mackems are so full of shit it's unreal. 

53 minutes ago, Renton said:

image.png.977eb41eb83a03a43c113ce765bc25ff.png

Do you think marra?  :lol:

Let's post it anyway, why aye. 

:lol: So - let’s get this right. The bloke that devised the race - Brendan Foster - was originally going to have the race from Newcastle to Sunderland. That bitter mag bastard, Brendan Foster, got involved and objected. At this point Brendan Foster relented and agreed it should end at South Shields. Was that how it went down or have I missed something? 

• Haha 11

Just now, Alex said:

:lol: So - let’s get this right. The bloke that devised the race - Brendan Foster - was originally going to have the race from Newcastle to Sunderland. That bitter mag bastard, Brendan Foster, got involved and objected. At this point Brendan Foster relented and agreed it should end at South Shields. Was that how it went down or have I missed something? 

You've missed the bit where the founder of the Great North Run, Brendan Foster, said to the other great NE cross country runner of the time "How Crammy, a knarr yer a mackem cunt but its bad publicity and the shadowy cabal of the Newcastle Development Board don't like it. Here's what you're going to do, you're going to deny being a MLF and be claimed by Newcastle, like the Angel of the North, alright 'Marra'?"

To which Steve Cram of course bravely sticks up two fingers and says "Fuck you Brendan, I'm a MLF for life, STID, FTM!". That's how it went apparently. 

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

It would actually be fitting if it started in Sunderland. Thousands of people running away from the shit, piss and mouthbreathers.  Probably improve race times. 

Tru, but the starting attendance would be in single figures. 

:lol: Is there anything else that happens in or around Newcastle that should actually be happening in Sunderland but corruption, or a shadowy cabal of businessmen stepped in? The hoppings maybe? Maybe even NUFC games? 

It’s staggering that somehow every event and celebrity with anything to do with Newcastle should in fact be connected with Sunderland :lol:. It’s such a fucking weird obsession they have, it’s like a Newcastle fan hearing about Jordon Henderson and going “actually he’s a proper Geordie through and through” who gives a flying fuck? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Howay said:

:lol: Is there anything else that happens in or around Newcastle that should actually be happening in Sunderland but corruption, or a shadowy cabal of businessmen stepped in? The hoppings maybe? Maybe even NUFC games? 

It’s staggering that somehow every event and celebrity with anything to do with Newcastle should in fact be connected with Sunderland :lol:. It’s such a fucking weird obsession they have, it’s like a Newcastle fan hearing about Jordon Henderson and going “actually he’s a proper Geordie through and through” who gives a flying fuck? 

This is the thing though their best and brightest; Henderson, Adie, Cram are/were good at what they did and at no point did any Newcastle fan think "Let's have a bit of that". The Airshow, the Penshaw Monument, I'm quite happy for them to be associated with Sunderland. 

By the by, out of curiosity I had a look at the Wiki page for the Penshaw Monument and this stood out for me. 

image.png.aa70d473144a3f5eb1c64577898fe9b4.png

Poorly constructed, lacks purpose, and is mostly empty. Not even obvious who or what it's for. 

Seems a perfect analogue for Sunderland AFC

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alex said:

fight club beer GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, The Fish said:

This is the thing though their best and brightest; Henderson, Adie, Cram are/were good at what they did and at no point did any Newcastle fan think "Let's have a bit of that". The Airshow, the Penshaw Monument, I'm quite happy for them to be associated with Sunderland. 

By the by, out of curiosity I had a look at the Wiki page for the Penshaw Monument and this stood out for me. 

Poorly constructed, lacks purpose, and is mostly empty. Not even obvious who or what it's for. 

A folly is widely described as a folly? Remarkable stuff.

Btw, if we're not allowed Knopfler cos he wasn't born in Newcastle, they're not having Adie who was born in Whitley Bay. So there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, The Fish said:

"Viewed nationally as a symbol of the North East"? [citation very much fucking needed], I'd say :lol:

• Haha 6

Just now, MMXXVIII said:

I've had several promotions since then, I've no idea of the condition she's in now and with that accent she'd better have used Oil of Ulay.

She does the One Show nowadays man. She wears frumpy dresses like but as I get on I quite like the mumsy vibe. Pretty much the only good thing to come out of that town. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

She does the One Show nowadays man. She wears frumpy dresses like but as I get on I quite like the mumsy vibe. Pretty much the only good thing to come out of that town. 

Ah, I rarely watch telly and assumed she'd just vanished like all of the women I fancied 😉

Some braindead moron from Penshaw almost killed me driving clean through a STOP sign at 30 miles an hour.  Fucked my neck forever, no joke.  His equally braindead daughter (who was sat in the back of his car) launched a legal claim against ME for whiplash injuries. CUNTS.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

She's also on Radio 6 and last I checked she was doing Desert Island Discs