mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

10 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

This is a tremendous mackem comfort blanket. 

"We get promoted and Ipswich gets relegated. Odds for Jack to come back?"

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/odds-for-return-of-jack-clarke.1639206/

They couldn't afford him, the daft cunts. A season under a decent coach in the top flight and you're talking Elliot Anderson money even if he has a bang average season :lol:.

If he has a belter season but Ipswich go down, imagine the meltdown if we signed him as a back up to the backup for Gordon and Barnes :lol:

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, London said:

Can't work out if this is a cat based pun or he doesn't know how to spell clause. 

image.png.063ad7818650a5375efcf0f5a2002432.png

Has to be intentional. Just has to be. So it isn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Dazzler said:

They couldn't afford him, the daft cunts. A season under a decent coach in the top flight and you're talking Elliot Anderson money even if he has a bang average season :lol:.

If he has a belter season but Ipswich go down, imagine the meltdown if we signed him as a back up to the backup for Gordon and Barnes :lol:

Imagine.

• Haha 6

Rutter, Gray, Summerville and Sinisterra, all better than Clark, and all have left Leeds for more money than Clark is going for. 

So he's at least moved up 4 spots in the Literally the Best Player in the League chart recently. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Rutter, Gray, Summerville and Sinisterra, all better than Clark, and all have left Leeds for more money than Clark is going for. 

So he's at least moved up 4 spots in the Literally the Best Player in the League chart recently. 

This lad was supposed to “retire” Trippier but didn’t bother us all game in the derby. 

There’s a reason Spurs got rid of him & no other top flight clubs were interested other than Ipswich who’ve just been promoted.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

This lad was supposed to “retire” Trippier but didn’t bother us all game in the derby. 

My manager is a mackem and has said as much to me this morning 

He said £15m feels too low given the way transfers have gone and they were spending that on absolute shite ten years ago, but perhaps it's because Clarke isn't as good as they think given his only exposure to top flight players was against us and he got pocketed by an 'old' Trippier :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

My manager is a mackem and has said as much to me this morning 

He said £15m feels too low given the way transfers have gone and they were spending that on absolute shite ten years ago, but perhaps it's because Clarke isn't as good as they think given his only exposure to top flight players was against us and he got pocketed by an 'old' Trippier :lol:

I just watched it back and the only thing he did of note was have the ball pinched off him by Bruno to play Isak thru (where Ballard wiped him out and it should have been a pen)

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

I just watched it back and the only thing he did of note was have the ball pinched off him by Bruno to play Isak thru (where Ballard wiped him out and it should have been a pen)

He also managed to make Trippier look like he had Gordon level pace.

Part of me wants the kid to do well because it'll be funnier knowing he may have gotten them promoted if he stayed but the transfer fee has gone to their owner to buy a ski lodge somewhere. However, if he turns out to be a PL standard player we'll have to hear about it for decades like we do with Henderson and Pickford.

• Haha 4

Aye thats the problem it doesn’t take long for them to live vicariously through the dearly departed - even if that player got out as soon as he could.

They’ll be cheering him on when Ipswich play us no doubt :lol: 

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

My Nephew is one of the mascots at the Mackems game tomorrow but his folks are working. Guess who's got the privilege of taking him....

Adam-Johnson-mug.jpg

• Haha 11

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

My Nephew is one of the mascots at the Mackems game tomorrow but his folks are working. Guess who's got the privilege of taking him....

stop him GIF by South Park

• Haha 4

If he goes out onto the pitch and does a full Hulk-O-mania Hulk-up routine, tearing off his top to reveal an NUFC shirt, I guarantee that you and him will win Pride of Britain awards. 

hulk-hulk-out.gif

hulk-hogan-hulkster.gif

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

:lol: He's a Newcastle fan who plays for Boro's academy. His dad knows the Sunderland GK, hence the "opportunity"

I’m a boro born Newcastle fan who played for Sunderland, I wore my Newcastle goalkeeper top to my first training session.

• Haha 5