mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I wonder if the sell on clause is only for the initial fee?

Otherwise they could just ask for £1m up front then an extra £14m as an add on bonus for (eg) walking through the front door. Sorted.

22 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I wonder if the sell on clause is only for the initial fee?

Otherwise they could just ask for £1m up front then an extra £14m as an add on bonus for (eg) walking through the front door. Sorted.

I think it's the total fee relating to the transfer so would include bonuses, and instalments.

9 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

In all seriousness, this should be a sober reminder of where we are and where we had been. We are currently upset, understandably given the circumstances, with our transfer window. How long ago was it that we would wait until deadline day and hope we would still had player x? The last time I was stupid enough to believe the money would be reinvested was Amdy Carroll.

• Like 9

They should’ve held out for at least another £15m more than the only bidder in town was willing to pay. And he’s not good enough for the Premier League and will struggle. 
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Haha 7

16 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

In all seriousness, this should be a sober reminder of where we are and where we had been. We are currently upset, understandably given the circumstances, with our transfer window. How long ago was it that we would wait until deadline day and hope we would still had player x? The last time I was stupid enough to believe the money would be reinvested was Amdy Carroll.

Let’s not allow too much seriousness to get in the way of the abundant hilarity though 👍🏻

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

saudi's fault apparently.....

20240823_075539.thumb.jpg.85502c88217dd2dda80ab892f5a88efb.jpg

Apart from all the bitterness and obsession Roker Mackem is just an overt racist 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Apart from all the bitterness and obsession Roker Mackem is just an overt racist 

Someone from Sunderland being a massive racist? That doesn't sound right. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Someone from Sunderland being a massive racist? That doesn't sound right. 

It’s particularly funny with the likes of him, Keith and nutters like Exile who seem to think lying about the Saudis and revealing their prejudices represents some moral stance they’ve taken. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Eales going on talksport to announce that Sunderland's owner has licked his arsehole. :lol:

"It was a Hail Mary move to try and get @thebrokendoll back onside", said Eales, unknowingly undoing any progress he had made with the disgruntled Toontastic poster by his use of the phrase "Hail Mary". 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

"It was a Hail Mary move to try and get @thebrokendoll back onside", said Eales, unknowingly undoing any progress he had made with the disgruntled Toontastic poster by his use of the phrase "Hail Mary". 

Got to admit I'm curious to hear what Eales said that's got some of our esteemed friends from down the road in such a flap.

10 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

Meltdown on rtg should be classic.

it's a certainty the shock waves from this transfer will be hitting long and hard over at their sister club in bilbao this morning.

can't imagine there'll be many fiestas in the basque region this weekend.  :(

• Haha 10

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

it's a certainty the shock waves from this transfer will be hitting long and hard over at their sister club in bilbao this morning.

can't imagine there'll be many fiestas in the basque region this weekend.  :(

A lot of sad spaghetti western trumpets and wobbly top lips. 

• Haha 6