mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Funny, but not as funny as they way they say Waluigi. 

Not as funny as this by Keith. SIde splitting stuff.

image.png.dce00ac130105b6b9238f5efeda9a41e.png

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Not as funny as this by Keith. SIde splitting stuff.

image.png.dce00ac130105b6b9238f5efeda9a41e.png

Has someone on there, one of the saner ones, not initiated an intervention for this daft cunt, yet?

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Has someone on there, one of the saner ones, not initiated an intervention for this daft cunt, yet?

You meyn the closet mags, marra? Leyve keyth alone or wa’ll bey after ya ticket stubs.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

https://sunderlandglobalmedia.org/when-did-the-sunderland-newcastle-rivalry-become-so-bitter-were-things-less-tense-in-the-past/
Too much in this just to highlight the one thing. The conclusion in particular though is quite something :lol: 

I mean without the Russia/Ukraine comparison it’s fairly accurate IMO. But likening football rivalries to an actual war is batshit mental.

Outside of football banter I’ve never really seen the difference between the two of us. Both from cities that have been neglected by multiple governments. Both built on industry that was destroyed. Outside of the region the only thing that differentiates us is the fact that we wear our full footy strips, including shinnies and goalie gloves to business lunches (apparently).

Some of the best lads I’ve worked with have been mackems or Sunderland supporting sand dancers (the worst kind, marra).

I do think the feral nature of it is more on their side, but then I’m biased so could be absolutely wrong. 

In conclusion, on match days I hope they have their hearts ripped out but beyond that I couldn’t give a fuck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

https://sunderlandglobalmedia.org/when-did-the-sunderland-newcastle-rivalry-become-so-bitter-were-things-less-tense-in-the-past/
Too much in this just to highlight the one thing. The conclusion in particular though is quite something :lol: 

:lol:

Tell me your a pseudo intellectual Sunderland fan without telling me you're pseudo intellectual Sunderland fan.

4/10 must try harder.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

I mean without the Russia/Ukraine comparison it’s fairly accurate IMO. But likening football rivalries to an actual war is batshit mental.

Outside of football banter I’ve never really seen the difference between the two of us. Both from cities that have been neglected by multiple governments. Both built on industry that was destroyed. Outside of the region the only thing that differentiates us is the fact that we wear our full footy strips, including shinnies and goalie gloves to business lunches (apparently).

Some of the best lads I’ve worked with have been mackems or Sunderland supporting sand dancers (the worst kind, marra).

I do think the feral nature of it is more on their side, but then I’m biased so could be absolutely wrong. 

In conclusion, on match days I hope they have their hearts ripped out but beyond that I couldn’t give a fuck. 

You're correct in the main, I've got mates from Sunderland who have been amazing friends and similarly acquaintances who have been utter, utter bell ends. There are some differences though imo. Geordies tend to be excessively proud, boistrous, loud, optimistic people. Certainly when it comes to football. In the main we are only focussed on our team. Mackems tend to be miserablist pessimists, for good reason maybe. But many are undoubtedly obsessed with Newcastle more than their own team as a result and, imo completely unlike us, have a massive chip on their shoulders about it. Not just the club, the city, the people, our reputation, the industry, local governance, guitarists from Blyth and North Shields, literally everything. We do not go on like that. 

Their motto is about us - FTM. They use it everywhere.

Our "motto" about them actually just relects their obsession. You also don't see it much. SMB. 

Other than that, as alluded to earlier, Newcastle is medieval destination tourist city. It's the endless subject of travelogues. Sunderland isn't and never will be. But many of them can't accept that. 

• Like 4

A bit of obsession here about our transfers. 

This is another thing they do. Find a solitary tweet to reflect their prejudices, and pretend it represents the whole football community, when 99.999% of fans could not give a single fuck. In this case, steve_whufc7 is the man on the omnibus. 

image.png.b975ff38eebc8276c78f310b8b33e9ee.png

• Haha 2

Our recruitment is a shambles like. We should employ their old mucker, Stewart Donald to help us out, drive a hard bargain, like he did for Griggs. Probably get Guehi at a snip for £210 million.  

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

Tell me your a pseudo intellectual Sunderland fan without telling me you're pseudo intellectual Sunderland fan.

4/10 must try harder.

I bet that site is just one person who is a frustrated journalist (and frustrated MLF) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I bet that site is just one person who is a frustrated journalist (and frustrated MLF) 

It was a really bad article, I mean baaaaad. :lol: (he'll have been really pleased with it as well).

• Haha 2

IMG_9064.thumb.jpeg.aeb8988aafe92525f9b6e00b2c5cf32f.jpeg

I wonder if our mate Keith factored in the total amount of European ties in Sunderland’s history when aiming this acerbic jibe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Alex said:

IMG_9064.thumb.jpeg.aeb8988aafe92525f9b6e00b2c5cf32f.jpeg

I wonder if our mate Keith factored in the total amount of European ties in Sunderland’s history when aiming this acerbic jibe

Oh shit, that's reminds me, I need to predict which position Sunderland will finish in.

Episode 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Renton said:

You're correct in the main, I've got mates from Sunderland who have been amazing friends and similarly acquaintances who have been utter, utter bell ends. There are some differences though imo. Geordies tend to be excessively proud, boistrous, loud, optimistic people. Certainly when it comes to football. In the main we are only focussed on our team. Mackems tend to be miserablist pessimists, for good reason maybe. But many are undoubtedly obsessed with Newcastle more than their own team as a result and, imo completely unlike us, have a massive chip on their shoulders about it. Not just the club, the city, the people, our reputation, the industry, local governance, guitarists from Blyth and North Shields, literally everything. We do not go on like that. 

Their motto is about us - FTM. They use it everywhere.

Our "motto" about them actually just relects their obsession. You also don't see it much. SMB. 

Other than that, as alluded to earlier, Newcastle is medieval destination tourist city. It's the endless subject of travelogues. Sunderland isn't and never will be. But many of them can't accept that. 

in fairness I did think the toy dolls nellie the elephant was one the worst records ever made.

wasn't that keen really on the eurythmics either, although I didn't mind annie lennox.

12 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

in fairness I did think the toy dolls nellie the elephant was one the worst records ever made.

wasn't that keen really on the eurythmics either, although I didn't mind annie lennox.

I liked the Toy Dolls, when I was 12. That John Kettley is a weatherman novelty song, the same. Lauren Laverne is welcome to share my bed and I'd let George Clarke give me architectural advice. Oh and I recognise Wearside Jack as perpetrating the sickest hoax in history. Well done my fans of massive lads. Mind, Sunderland does roll out the red carpet to Tommy Robinson and loves a bit of hate riots. Have I missed anything out? 

• Haha 1

There's a canny funny thread on the SMB about their flag display at the moment. Apparently they can't do one for the opening day because the organisers were too busy watching the Euros and Olympics. :lol:

Screenshot_20240817_224823_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dcf2e18b3ccf941bd6d495c29a566ef0.jpg

This has triggered the usual infighting, before the resident brain donor Keith, representative of the SMB, admits he'd rather stay in the pub anyway than actually help create a atmosphere to help their team. Anyhow, that would be mag like behaviour anyway I guess. 

Screenshot_20240817_225107_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fcfbed3e7f0089f7100af5e9b9e51a96.jpg

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

I liked the Toy Dolls, when I was 12. That John Kettley is a weatherman novelty song, the same. Lauren Laverne is welcome to share my bed and I'd let George Clarke give me architectural advice. Oh and I recognise Wearside Jack as perpetrating the sickest hoax in history. Well done my fans of massive lads. Mind, Sunderland does roll out the red carpet to Tommy Robinson and loves a bit of hate riots. Have I missed anything out? 

I really liked the angelic upstarts and thought mensi was a cracking front man.

he was also a massive fan of lads  although I'm pretty sure he was actually a sand dancer.

I suppose they can't really take any credit for this on the latter technicality.

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

didn't mind annie lennox

IMG_3296.thumb.jpeg.0cab04d83d64175101c26be8afa67f16.jpeg

Oh man, the things I’d have done to her in her prime :lol:- would’ve wrecked her vocal cords, so lucky for her I was busy. 😉

• Haha 4